14 horses die just before polo match

[SIZE=4]CNN) – Fourteen thoroughbred horses dropped dead in a mysterious scene Sunday before a polo match near West Palm Beach, Florida, officials said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]State and local veterinary teams are trying to figure out what happened at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington, [/SIZE][SIZE=4]Florida[/SIZE][SIZE=4], as team Lechuza Caracas prepared to compete in a U.S. Open match.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Two horses initially collapsed, and as vets and team officials scrambled to revive them, five others became dizzy, said Tim O’Connor, spokesman for the polo club.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]“A total of seven died on our property,” O’Connor told CNN. Seven other horses died en route to a Wellington horse farm and a veterinary hospital.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]The cause of the deaths has not been determined, and necropsies and blood tests were underway, he said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]O’Connor said each team brings between 40 to 60 horses for matches, and they are continuously switched out throughout a match to keep the horses from overexerting themselves.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]A meeting will be held to determine whether Lechuza Caracas will compete at a later date, he said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]“Everybody is kind of in shock and trying to figure out what happened,” he said. “Nobody can recall an incident in which this many horses have died at once.”
[/SIZE]

I just saw this on the news. How awful…

thats odd and sad :frowning:

It is sad.

It’s up to 21 horses:

Officials suspect drug reaction or toxins in Florida horse deaths - CNN.com

Delicious.

Very odd and sad!

Sounds like a bit too much of a coincidence to me.

Some sick bastard prolly poisoned them.

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit.:mad