A moment of your time

yesterday morning we lost two brothers in our fire department. one, a captain, had been with the department since 1979. the other was a rookie, just 6 weeks out of the academy and had just finished a tour of iraq last year. fire department brotherhood is very strong, whether you work at that particular department or not. these guys died doing what we love. when yall are running away from a fire, we are running into it.

i ask that you just take a moment please to say a prayer for the city, the families of these men, as well as the rest of us firefighters, paramedics, and police officers.

this hit way to close to home for me as i used to be a firefighter and i know too many people in the department.

Thoughts and prayers sent from me and my family to all those effected!

So sorry to hear about this!

[quote=“fuzzwifers, post: 1093151”]yesterday morning we lost two brothers in our fire department. one, a captain, had been with the department since 1979. the other was a rookie, just 6 weeks out of the academy and had just finished a tour of iraq last year. fire department brotherhood is very strong, whether you work at that particular department or not. these guys died doing what we love. when yall are running away from a fire, we are running into it.

i ask that you just take a moment please to say a prayer for the city, the families of these men, as well as the rest of us firefighters, paramedics, and police officers.

this hit way to close to home for me as i used to be a firefighter and i know too many people in the department.[/quote]

:clap

My wife and I sent off an additional donation to the 100 Club this morning.

That’s so awful. I will say a prayer for them, their families, and for the brave people who put their lives at risk so we can be safe every day.

[quote=“fuzzwifers, post: 1093151”]yesterday morning we lost two brothers in our fire department. one, a captain, had been with the department since 1979. the other was a rookie, just 6 weeks out of the academy and had just finished a tour of iraq last year. fire department brotherhood is very strong, whether you work at that particular department or not. these guys died doing what we love. when yall are running away from a fire, we are running into it.

this hit way to close to home for me as i used to be a firefighter and i know too many people in the department.[/quote]
Im truly sorry to hear that and you all do a great job :slight_smile: RIP to the once’s that the loved onces have lost and I send my heat out im so sorry to hear that :frowning:

Prayers Sent

i always take a moment for any fire fighters, ems or law enforcement, its always a tragedy when someone is lost

they we # 30 and 31 in the nation this year and # 60 and 61 in the cities history. the last time we lost two at the same time was feb 14, 2000.

Yeah and that truly tragic part of the story, was those two men, went back into that house, not knowing the elderly couple had made it out.

They refused to give up…

Wow. I will definitely say a prayer for their friends and family. My baby brother is going through the academy now, and it terrifies me!

Such a tragedy.
I’ll say a prayer for them, their families and all whose lives they have touched.

I am so sorry to hear that, so heartbreaking. Definately Heros in my book. They and the families will be in my thoughts and prayers

That is aweful. My prayers go out to you guys and gals. :frowning:

I don’t pray but that is horrible. My cousin’s husband is a fire fighter/EMT… I’m sorry for your losses. :frowning:

so tragic…such a waste of brave men

My thought are with their families

thats awful :frowning: thoughts go out to their friends and family

I’ll echo the sentiments above.

I feel very fortunate to have these brave men and women doing something I doubt I could do - and am hurt by this loss.

that is truely sad, my heart goes out to all that cared and loved them

This is so sad to hear - such brave men. Prayers going out to their families and brothers/sisters in the department.