A New Idea

Right so I wasn’t sure where to put this thread so if it needs moving then move it please haha

Basically I had an idea for how I could contribute a bit more to the site as I’m sure we all like more activity.

So, as you’re probably aware, I’m at University now, History at Edinburgh, and I figured people might find it interesting if I started say weekly threads on topics which have come up during my studies- lectures, tutorials etc. This could be useful for people studying similar things or people thinking about university and wondering what that kind of study is like. I’ll try keep it as broad as possible to ensure really specific subject knowledge isn’t necessary.

These are the modules I’m currently doing or come up in the next Semester:
The Middle Ages- Covers most of Europe up to the first contact with China
An Introduction to Politics (We get to do some outside subject modules)
Modern History of China
The Making of the Modern World- This is second semester so I don’t know too much but I believe its around 16/1700 to now.
The Roman Empire

If you think this would be a good idea feel free to post your opinions and take the poll I made.

Is this a good idea?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I think it’s a fab idea, and thank you for wanting to contribute what you learn to the site.

I’m hoping that we’ll have an articles section soon (@Shaz @Dylan), so you could put your writings there if we can organise that.

Love it. Please reach out to Frankie and I directly to discuss more on how to execute it.

Brilliant idea, I love History. Just remember not to post any of your essays, thesis’ or what not until you’re 100% sure it’s marked and checked for authenticity etc. Or not at all just to be on the safe side.

Go for it. Sounds like a good idea. I’ll probably be doing a couple of threads on things I pick up at uni once I start on Saturday (well, freshers starts anyway). Not sure how frequent that’ll be though.

I’m glad it sounds popular. Well my first lecture is next Monday so I’ll just see how it goes from there.