A Realization

Albeit a not so shocking one… Getting drunk isn’t fun. At least not anymore. I’ll be 29 in close to 3 months; June 30th. I’m a year away from 30 and I’ve been single for about 2 fuicking years. I’m not very up front with people I don’t know and very much so when I’ve been drinking so striking up a conversation with women is hard for me. I’m comfortable around friends I’ve known for years but get me around someone new and I fucking choke. A recent event seems to have lodged this realization firmly into my consciousness because I really need to ease up on my alcohol consumption. going home empty handed at the end of the night without even a number… What a drag. Then waking up the next morning a pounding the water and 4 asprin to me to make sure I don’t get a headache. I need to switch up to something like soda. I need to give this a try when I go out Thursday night. I like going out and listening and dancing to music, I can’t see myself cutting down my weekend activities. I don’t have much of a life as it is… Anyways this was my way of getting this off my chest.

Hey i have problems with meeting new people so i kind of know how it is.

If you still drink alcohol severely limit your intake. For example limit yourself to two drinks and then go to soda or water the rest of the night. That should limit its effect on you. GOOD LUCK!

Yeah that’s what I was thinking.

Ive mentioned it before, my way round a hangover, one half glass of water for every two beers.

just pace yourself…dont binge but learn your limitations

Your getting old deal with it you cant handle ur alcahol like u use to do

I’m still 21, and I don’t think drinking is worth it. I get really bad hangovers, no matter how well I try to hydrate myself. I may have a glass or 2 of something with dinner, but I always get water too and drink it more than I do the alcohol. Being drunk is over-rated. :nod:

I agree with that :smiley:

It sounds like you need to learn to socially drink without getting fucking hammered, everyone goes through the phase where they do it though, you should know your limitations at this point. Try having one drink every hour or so, you don’t always need a drink in your hand while you’re out.

Also as I said in a previous thread STOP going to clubs to pick up women. I was a bouncer for 3 years at a club in Anchorage and 95% of those women are not out there to meet a man, they are out there to dance, to get drunk, chill with their girls, not to meet Mr. Perfect.

Their are exceptions to this rule, of course – but most are there for the aforementioned. If you want to meet women try going to a bookstore, a coffee shop, their are tons of great women out there and they are most often NOT at the club.

No need to get all upset because some trick at the club did not come home with you. Their are plenty of women out there brother.

I only do it socially. I have never been one to drink at home, not even wine.

But when I do with work I still have a habbit once or twice a year to binge. Most times I know what to do to ensure I’m fine now!

[quote=“Darrell, post: 1077869”]It sounds like you need to learn to socially drink without getting fucking hammered, everyone goes through the phase where they do it though, you should know your limitations at this point. Try having one drink every hour or so, you don’t always need a drink in your hand while you’re out.

Also as I said in a previous thread STOP going to clubs to pick up women. I was a bouncer for 3 years at a club in Anchorage and 95% of those women are not out there to meet a man, they are out there to dance, to get drunk, chill with their girls, not to meet Mr. Perfect.

Their are exceptions to this rule, of course – but most are there for the aforementioned. If you want to meet women try going to a bookstore, a coffee shop, their are tons of great women out there and they are most often NOT at the club.

No need to get all upset because some trick at the club did not come home with you. Their are plenty of women out there brother.[/QUOTE]I haven’t picked up any women… that’s the problem.

[quote=“Tyler Durden, post: 1077870”]I only do it socially. I have never been one to drink at home, not even wine.

But when I do with work I still have a habbit once or twice a year to binge. Most times I know what to do to ensure I’m fine now![/QUOTE]
As do i. I hardly ever drink by myself. Once in a blue moon maybe.

So instead of whining about not picking up any women, why not get your ass up and go out and meet some?

Who’s whining?

Nevermind. Best of luck. :thumbup

How Dana can continually slag off people for doing drugs is beyond me.

This is such a laugh! LOL

Carry on drinking, you don’t sound confident enough to deal without it. At 29 you should probably know better.

stfu.