Almost had some bad news

Friday my fiancee went to the hair salon to get her hair done & somehow lost one of her earrings I bought her for X-Mas. She called the shop about 1/2 hr after she realized it & they told her they were closed but could go through the sweeper bag to see if it was in it. It wasn’t there so, Renee, teh fiancee, asked if they minded if she went through the garbage & they let her. Luckily the only kinds of garbage they had to sort through was hair, rubber gloves & empty soda cups. After looking through all the bags in the shop without success, she searched the dumpster outside. Somehow she managed to find a bag that had her hair in it & after sorting through it, she found the earring.:clap This made me extremely happy beeing I spent over $250 for them & I knew how much she liked them.

Could’ve been a real tragedy. She’s planning on wearing them during our wedding.

Glad she found them! Sorry she had to dig through the trash!

I once thought I lost a necklace John got me- from Tiffany’s! Not as expensive as those earrings, but still very sentimental. It was in his mom’s car. Phew.

:cool If I hadn’t talked her into going back to the salon, she wouldn’t have found them. See, the shop was closed when she wanted to go back to look for it & had to wait till the next day to start searching. It was after she heard from the shop the next day that she found that it wasn’t in the sweeper bag. She took me to work yesterday & told me she just wanted to crawl in a corner & die thinking she’d lost it for good.

I’m glad she went back. I hate to see her cry.:frowning:

When are y’all getting married?

That was a close call. Sometimes it’s hard to wear expensive jewelry for fear of it getting lost or stolen.

I’m glad it worked out though.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1092473”]When are y’all getting married?[/quote]May 31st. I just wanna get it over with. Not because I don’t wanna get married… I hate the stress of putting the event together.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1092474”]That was a close call. Sometimes it’s hard to wear expensive jewelry for fear of it getting lost or stolen.

I’m glad it worked out though.[/quote]Yep! I told her it would be a good idea to leave them at home the next time she gets her hair done.

[quote=“shocker69, post: 1092475”]

Yep! I told her it would be a good idea to leave them at home the next time she gets her hair done.[/quote]

There are types of backs that keeps them from coming off - kind of locks them in place. My wife has those for her earrings.

Yeah!!! While Renee was searching, a woman told her they make threaded earrings so the back won’t fall off.

Wise investment indeed! It costs a bit more but well worth it when it comes to expensive jewelry.

I don’t blame you! I think a lot of times people get caught up in the event itself and forget the reason.

Don’t let the stress get to you! It will be so worth it when you see her walking down the aisle toward you!

material possessions which can always be replaced. I thought this was going to be worse. It sucks when you lose something but worse things in life happen everyday. Glad she found them though.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1092478”]I don’t blame you! I think a lot of times people get caught up in the event itself and forget the reason.

Don’t let the stress get to you! It will be so worth it when you see her walking down the aisle toward you![/quote]I’ll just be glad when the dealz done & we can get on the rest of our lives.

Know what I mean?

[quote=“Dana, post: 1092479”]material possessions which can always be replaced. I thought this was going to be worse. It sucks when you lose something but worse things in life happen everyday. Glad she found them though.[/quote]Yeah, they could’ve been replaced but, not anytime soon. I make a humble living & buying those were something that I can’t do just any ole’ time. I had to save in order to have enough money for the rest of the family & now w/ the wedding coming up… you get my drift.:wink:

cant you get stuff like that insured?

I hate that she had to dig thru the trash…yuck!

But I bet it was so worth it when she found it!!

Congrats on getting married :slight_smile:

wow lucky thing I Nealy lost my nanas 52 yr old neckless i was gutted and then my dad found it :slight_smile:

Great to hear she found it!

Doesn’t sound like it worked out too bad.