Anyone know of free programs

… that will help me set up a resume? I remember writing one my freshmen year in high school, but that was 8 years ago.

the only thing i use is microsoft word. i dont know if that halped u or not.

well I need something to show me how it’s supposed to be set up.

I have all my info written in word, just need to know how to format it.

Sample Résumé Format
YOUR NAME HERE

Street Address
City, State, and ZIP
(xxx) xxx-xxxx

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts, Ball State University, Muncie, IN
Emphasis (or Specialization). Month Year
List minor(s), academic honors, relevant memberships, significant presentations, group projects, reports, and independent research.

EXPERIENCE
Organization Name, City, State
Position Title. Month Year-Month Year

* Results, accomplishments, contributions, and promotions.
* Indicate the positive difference or impact you made; be specific, concrete, and concise (3 lines).
* Begin sentences with action verbs.
* If it is difficult to identify contributions you made to the organization, indicate the knowledge or skills you acquired.

VOLUNTEER
Non-Profit Organization, City, State
Position Title. Month Year-Month Year

* Results, accomplishments, contributions, and promotions.
* Indicate the positive difference or impact you made; be specific, concrete, and concise (3 lines).
* Begin sentences with action verbs.

RELATED SKILLS
Highest Priority Professional Competency
Section may include industry-specific knowledge and skills, written and spoken languages, related training, and professional development.

Second Highest Priority Professional Competency
Present specific, concrete, and concise claims that could meet employer needs

there are also sample resume formats on google…

what he said ^^^^

whatever you do, don’t use a format that is a template in word. I’ve had numerous people (employers, prof, etc) tell me that they dont even consider those resumes when hiring. They said when they are looking at 100’s of resumes, they need someway to weed some of them out, and thats one of the first things they do.

www.resume.com

Thanks a bunch Atlantic!

no problem… what job are you lookin into james?

Nothing specific. I was looking around on fortwaynehelpwanted.com and through the newspaper classifieds last night.

cool, i wish you luck in finding a good paying job that you enjoy and would like until retirement…

Damn my resume sucks.

you can use attractive adjectives about your “job” at your job… just dont lie because if the employer finds out, you are immediately terminated in most cases and that wont look good on your next resume.

I won’t lie, nothing really to lie about.

The only real hotspot on my Resume is working for the phone company.