Bad news:(

i went in to work this morning at 4am, and i hurt my back at 530:(

they said i can either go straight to the clinic or go home wait a day and see how it feels…i went home…well my back is killin me…it hurts alot when i breathe, i can hardly walk

so ill prolly have to go to the clinic tonight :frowning:

theres no way i can work like this, i cant twist my back at all and i have to twist alottttt for my job (i back up semi trailers all day so i gotta turn and twist alot)

They can’t make you work like that then, how many sick days can you take? Or you’ll have to take it of without pay.

Hopefully it’ll get sorted soon tho. I’m suprised you didn’t go the clinc straight away. But yeah, defo go asap

[quote=“Laurs, post: 1101393”]They can’t make you work like that then, how many sick days can you take? Or you’ll have to take it of without pay.

Hopefully it’ll get sorted soon tho. I’m suprised you didn’t go the clinc straight away. But yeah, defo go asap[/quote]

wont be using sick days, it will be all unpaid

and im gonna go to the clinic tonight, it seems like its got worse since i been home

Why don’t you just go in now?

well they said to call them at 2am tommorow and let them know then…i can wait til then

So call them and tell them that. I wouldn’t wait to call the place I work for. If I needed to be seen by a doc I’d go. It’s better safe than sorry.
Hopefully you get it squared away soon and feel better soon.

Unpaid?

Don’t they have workers compensation insurance? I think it’s required by federal law (assuming you’re in the US). All employees - part time, full time, temporary…

And it doesn’t have to be an injury related to your work. You can slip in the bathroom at work and it’s still workers compensation. As long as it’s on their property and you work there.

You should talk to HR.

i dont think workers comp kicks in til your off work for a certain amount of time

you should really go to the clinic now instead of waiting

:homo:

Could be more serious than you think, and it’s worrisome that it hurts when you breathe.

nah im ok for now…if it hurt that bad that i thought i needed to go, i would go now

too many different possibilities of what could be wrong. your young but once you screw up your back it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

im actually gonna take that advice and im going now

How did you hurt it?

HUG hope you get better soon

im back

doc said i got a thoracic strain…some kind of deep muscle strain

off work for 3 days atleast

ok heres how i hurt it…2 years ago i worked for pepsi and was hit by a forklift by my superviser who wasnt even suppose to be on a forklift and sucked at driving them…it was also 100% his fault, and the company even admitted it…

so my back was pretty messed up, he hit me prettty good and i was off work for a few weeks…it seemed to heal fine…i left the company over a year ago…then today, i was putting a full propane tank onto the back of my forklift (only about 50 lbs) and my back just popped and went out, could hardly walk…it was the exact same place as from my pepsi injury…i dont know if thats what caused today or not, cuz i never had any back problems before getting hit by a forklift

well glad to know its only a strain! take it easy and let your muscles heal

Well if you did it at work you should get Worker’s Comp.

Aint that the truth? :mad
I was at the doc again just yesterday. Can I have my Sciatic nerve removed?

Sorry about the back troubles man, they’re a real bitch. Buy a Wii Fit and start doing Yoga.

lol @ me usin a wii fit

i dont play video games much, but the wii is boring as hell to me…and i cant see myself using the wii fit

my favorite forms of exercise are basketball, lifting weights martial arts and biking