Bad restaurant experiences

Have we all had them?

Gone to a restaurant and found something unappetising and possibly vermin itself? Or a nail?

Been dissed by a waiter?

Were eating in the window seat when a motor vehicle crashed though the window, like in the movies, causing you to recoil backwards in a 90 degreed flip?!!

Haha I hear people bitch about their service like 6 to 8 hours every work shift.
This thread is awful. :frowning:

My mother in law ended up with binder twine in her salad…

We have had shit service.

We have ordered food and an hour later walked out because it never arrived at our table.

I have had rude waiters…

I’ve had only one experience were it was awful and i never went back to that restaurant. I had ordered a meal and it came uncooked so i had it sent back. We could then here the cook cursing and swearing about having to recook the meal…i was scared to eat it for fear of him spitting in it so we just left. The manager tried to get us to pay but we said after hearing that we aren’t even going to come back here ever again…and we never did… we hen passed the experience around and two months later the restaurant was closed down.

I’ve been lucky that most of our experiences are very nice indeed. Yes we sometimes get a waitress or waiter who you can tell doesn’t want to be there but that reflects in the tip we will leave.

I don’t really remember any bad experiences.

Well, there was this one time at the KFC/Long John Silver’s. We were waiting on our food (KFC) and some lady had just order LJS. There was shrimp in there somehow and when the lady scooped the shrimp into the dish, some landed on the counter and she picked them up with her hand and threw them back in the main holder. The lady watched it all and went ballistic! We haven’t been since.

Once ordered a hamburger at a restaurant. It took them 45 minutes to make it. When I got it, it was on a hot dog bun :24:

Once had a server ask me four times to verify and order of corned beef hash and eggs. She didn’t know what it was, even though it was on the menu. Apparently the cooks hadn’t a clue either, as when it finally arrived, it was eggs, bacon, and hash browns.

Got up from a meal at a Chinese restaurant to find a smiling baby cockroach had been sitting in the booth with us during our meal.

I think Chinese places have to be sketch to be good. Ours was probably here when my parents were 23 years ago and probably hasn’t changed since. But it’s soooooo good.

I don’t like it when I order a steak medium rare and it comes back gray throughout. Then I have to dip it in something to be able to eat it. Happened at Applebee’s once. Such a shame because their steaks are awesome plain!

I had a racial experience before, I don’t look at all native… maybe just a little but my other family members have darker skin and look full blooded. Anyway I went to a chinese resturaunt, the waiter would stare at me then at my family, it took them an hour and a half to cook our food and those who orded after us got it before we even got ours, so then we asked what is going on, then they basically said something about “you people” I forgot what the exact words were but it made us pack up and leave and never ever going in there ever again.

My wife found glass in a salad at Applebees.
When we made our waitress aware the manager apologized but did not even offer to take the salad off our bill.

That is really F’d up :thumbdown

I never understood why business owners would alienate people. But I guess ignorance abounds.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1085922”]That is really F’d up :thumbdown

I never understood why business owners would alienate people. But I guess ignorance abounds.[/quote]

It seems to me that this is just the way of the world anymore. Customer service has gone down hill in a big way!

Yeah, is does seem that way - and not just in restaurants.

But, I do understand how hard these people work, and have had many more pleasant experiences in restaurants then I have had bad ones. Even if the service is average, I’ll tip 20%. And that’s after the tax is totaled. And if it’s good service, I’ll round the number up to the next dollar.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1085924”]Yeah, is does seem that way - and not just in restaurants.

[/quote]

Exactly! Retail is the worst!

i’ve had nothing but good experiences…but then i know of people who have told me horror stories

The only real bad experience I’ve had was at a Wendy’s. I ordered a Spicy Chicken Sandwich & after taking 2 bites off it I realized it was only 1/2 cooked. My fiancee & I went back to them to complain & they told us because it was late in the evening, about 2 mins to close, there wasn’t anything they could do for us & told us to come back the next day.

We didn’t go back. I thought all those places had timers to let them know when the food was done cooking? :mad

one time at the taco bell drive thru they messed up my order so i had them fix it, and the fixed order was messed up again so they fixed it again, and it was still wrong so i threw my drink at the lady in the window cuz she was bein a bitch

true story

[quote=“Freebird135, post: 1085928”]one time at the taco bell drive thru they messed up my order so i had them fix it, and the fixed order was messed up again so they fixed it again, and it was still wrong so i threw my drink at the lady in the window cuz she was bein a bitch

true story[/quote]I’ve decided not to trust Taco Bell anymore. Most of the time, their stuff is complete slop & it gives me a belly ache.

Like McDonnald’s, I stay away.

some years back i worked with this young lad…well he was telling us how his brother and his g/f went down with food poisoning after going for an indian meal

the twat had been in there the week before with his mates and half wrecked the place

well his doctor reported it to the authorities,after examination it was found that on the meat him and his g/f had eaten was 8 different samples of saliva and 6 different samples of semen

[quote=“skyblue, post: 1085930”]some years back i worked with this young lad…well he was telling us how his brother and his g/f went down with food poisoning after going for an indian meal

the twat had been in there the week before with his mates and half wrecked the place

well his doctor reported it to the authorities,after examination it was found that on the meat him and his g/f had eaten was 8 different samples of saliva and 6 different samples of semen[/quote]:eek:yuk

No matter how pissed I am at the customer, I’d never be able to bring myself to do this. I cook professionally & this is the kinda thing that makes me sick to my stomach.

If someone’s gonna get that pissed about having to cook a meal, they’re in the wrong profession.:thumbdown

There was an article in the local paper about how someone at a Pizza Express in the borough had discovered some skin, blood and nail in their salad that a chef had accidentally sliced off themselves while making it!