Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

that’s a dumbo post - God does all of these things through us

That is why we are greater than God. He needs us while we do not need him.

Dumbo is you not recognizing why Jesus said that we are the light of the world. Beside us, God is a dim bulb.

You have quite a particular concept of “God”.

Challenge accepted. I will argue for my God, though obviously I find your description of him inept and unjustified. Please bear with me, I shall tackle each point separately, so that I am not misunderstood.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Can you accept that Man is greater than God?
[/quote]

If God is merely a concept as opposed to a being, then it follows that we have thought him into existence, thus obviously, man is greater. If however he is an actual being, one who created us and everything else, then it is impossible for us to be greater than him.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We can think. God cannot.
[/quote]

If he is merely a concept, yes. The Christian God does not merely think, he knows all.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We can reproduce true. God cannot.
[/quote]

He doesn’t need to, he created all.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We can have many children. God cannot.
[/quote]

Physically, no. But why does he need to? How does this make him less? If anything, our need to reproduce merely highlights our mortality.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own. God does not.
[/quote]

Firstly, God does not need a physical family. Secondly, he loved us so much that he gave his life for us. Thirdly, not all place their families above themselves…[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
[/quote]

Really? I see a hell of a lot of killing going on, much of which has no basis in religious extremism. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We do not torture babies. God does.
[/quote]

No, we just crush their heads and rip their limbs off when we decide we don’t want them- so long as they’re still in the womb, of course. God does not torture babies (don’t you dare misquote Psalm 137).[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
We believe in freedom. God does not.
[/quote]

Bollocks. Much of the world is in bondage, economic, religious, social. God gives a choice, he does not force us to follow him.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from His Father.
[/quote]

I honestly fail to see how you make that conclusion. He is said to sit at the right hand of the Father. The idea that he dethrones God is not only blatantly false, it is heretical (incomplete theology). It cannot be justified via scripture.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
or Karaite Jew like Jesus was.
[/quote]

No, he wasn’t. Have you even read his teachings? He was rather orthodox theologically.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him before Christianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embrace their God of War.
[/quote]

Your Jesus is not the Jesus of the NT, he is merely a wise teacher. Christianity was weak when it began, the idea that it somehow usurped some mystical teaching is bollocks. The four gospel accounts give the lie to your heresy.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Thanks Christians for Islam.
[/quote]

Ummm what?! Islam is arguably more law-bound (excuse the awful expression) than Christianity, it teaches submission, not grace. Stop fooling yourself, Islam did not come out of Christianity (though it does claim that Jesus was a prophet).[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closeting yourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lying priests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?
[/quote]

I am ready. Which is why I do not hide or closet myself away, I attempt to live as he taught, in humility, in love and in hope. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:1, topic:112638”]
Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
[/quote]

You really MUST find some more verses. I have 4 entire gospels as a starting point for my theology, you cannot seriously be basing yours off a mere 3 verses. [quote=“Chucklenuts, post:5, topic:112638, full:true”]
we real, god aint
open and shut case johnson
[/quote]

Great argument right there ^^

That’s not a limit. If anything, it shows his power over Satan.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:11, topic:112638”]
No. He ended in murdering A & E by neglect
[/quote]

Have you even read Genesis 3!?[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:11, topic:112638”]
Did God get his way before the flood?
No as his sons of God used the earth as a brothel and God used genocide instead of curing to solve the Nephelim plague his sons created.
[/quote]

One could argue that the flood is a cure… No, I’m not arguing that, but still. How would you have him “cure” the world? Without taking their free will, and forcing them to submission?

None of the above “examples” prove that God has limits. The fact that we do not do what God wants us to do does not mean that he is limited, it means that we have been given the freedom to act as we would, despite as cocking up every time we seek our own devices.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:13, topic:112638”]
What is dumb is a theist saying the truth, that God is unknowable, and then spouting on about all that he knows about God.
[/quote]

God is knowable, as far as he has revealed himself to us. If he was completely unknowable, religion (at least the Abrahamic religions) would cease to exist. Knowing of/about God is NOT the same thing as knowing the mind of God. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:14, topic:112638”]
Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions.
[/quote]

Holding to a view of marriage that is thousands of years old is not homophobic. Some Christians and Muslims are homophobic (in the true sense of the word) and misogynistic. But guess what? So are some atheists. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:14, topic:112638”]
Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.
[/quote]

Tosh. What did secular law develop from?[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:14, topic:112638”]
That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I.
[/quote]

No, because you are judging us by your own heretical misunderstandings of Jesus and his teachings. I see in your philosophy only attacks on religion (similar, interestingly, to the “new” atheistic position), and nothing on love, hope, justice, mercy, all the things that Jesus actually taught. Your argument is a profoundly negative one, I find few positive ideas.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:17, topic:112638”]
If Yahweh was real, he would be in hell, where he belongs.
[/quote]

I’m not touching that notion with a ten foot barge pole. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:17, topic:112638”]
“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
[/quote]

And Richard Dawkins is arguably the most biased, angry, frustrated new atheist of them all. Stick to science Dawkins, you actually make sense when you talk about biology.

I find it odd that you seem to accept the “new” atheist position so willingly- God DOESN’T EXIST! (But if he does, he’s the worst, most disgusting being who isn’t worthy of praise). Heaven DOESN’T EXIST! (But if it does, I’m going to give God a piece of my mind!) Religion is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL! (What evil is without religion, I don’t know, and I can’t prove my point empirically anyway). Religion MUST BE ABOLISHED! (But how the hell we’re going to do that, I haven’t the foggiest).

Indeed. An intelligent view not prone to belief in fantasy and the supernatural.

Is Greatest I Am just an edgy atheist? His posts seem to say yes!

How that makes us better is obvious. Reproduction is a power we have and God does not.

Yet followed a losers path with failures in heaven thanks to Satan and failure in Eden for the same reason but initiated by God putting Satan into Eden.

So now you say that your ever living immortal God can die. I agree and think he should die as he is an immoral loser.

Look up the King David story and repent for following such a vile God.

Now you are flat out lying.

Again you try to hide behind lies.

More lies.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Put that above into your ideology. It does not fit at all. Right?

You only have four main gospels because there are four seasons. That is how screwed up your theology is.

It is a limit to what he called a perfect place.

Death and killing them instead of curing them is annulling all their freedom of choice.

Nice hypocritical deflection away from gays to marriage.

Religions claim moral supremacy while following satanic discriminatory, homophobic and misogynous leanings.

Thanks for showing how worse that the atheists the religious are.

I am not surprised that you do not make moral judgements. That is the only way you can justify following your genocidal son murdering God.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you are someone who beats their chest as being “intelligent”, you’re probably just an asshole.

You know, someone should really go through and chronicle these posts into a book or something

Perhaps, but the4 same can be said of believers who say they have the moral authority given to them by their immoral Gods.

The intelligent are ok for patting themselves on the back as compared to the religious fools who follow imaginary Gods.

It has been done many times but sheple will always be sheeple.

I just wish they would sheeple to a moral ideology instead of the immoral mainstream religions.

Yeah, they should just STFU. Like you should do, waltzing around claiming to be intelligent. :joy: Just because you disagree with someone or something, it doesn’t make you intelligent.

These are words to live by.

It’s my credo.:100::fire:

We need to reproduce because if we don’t, we will become extinct. The fact that God does not need to, because he is infinite, shows that it is he who is more powerful.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Yet followed a losers path with failures in heaven thanks to Satan and failure in Eden for the same reason but initiated by God putting Satan into Eden.
[/quote]

Satan rejecting God is not a failure on God’s part. Ultimately, it will be an incredible mistake on Satan’s part. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
So now you say that your ever living immortal God can die. I agree and think he should die as he is an immoral loser.
[/quote]

Ok.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Look up the King David story and repent for following such a vile God.
[/quote]

Repent to whom? Even if God did not exist, I would not follow your bastardised concept of God.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Now you are flat out lying.
[/quote]

Ok, tell me how he is forcing me, or anyone, to follow him. Why is it that the majority of people on this site are atheists? How could they be atheists if God is forcing them to follow him?[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Again you try to hide behind lies.
[/quote]

What lies? Actually give me something to refute as opposed to calling me a liar.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
More lies.
[/quote]

Ummm no.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]

Put that above into your ideology. It does not fit at all. Right?
[/quote]

Actually it does, because the verses you have quoted have absolutely nothing to do with my point, that Jesus was theologically orthodox. [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
You only have four main gospels because there are four seasons. That is how screwed up your theology is.
[/quote]

Where the honest **** did you get that idea? We have 4 gospels because 4 independent people wrote accounts of the life, ministry and death of Christ.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Death and killing them instead of curing them is annulling all their freedom of choice.
[/quote]

And how would curing them allow them to hold onto that freedom? [quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Nice hypocritical deflection away from gays to marriage.
[/quote]

It’s not a deflection, and its not hypocritical.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Religions claim moral supremacy while following satanic discriminatory, homophobic and misogynous leanings.
[/quote]

I don’t claim moral supremacy. I can think of hundreds of people who are better people than me. I don’t pretend to be perfect, I’ve often said that the worst people make the best Christians. You don’t become a Christian to become perfect, you never will.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
Thanks for showing how worse that the atheists the religious are.
[/quote]

In many ways we are worse than atheists, again, I can think of many atheists who are better people than me. But I don’t claim to be perfect, or even good.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
I am not surprised that you do not make moral judgements.
[/quote]

I make moral judgements every day, as does every other human. Some are “good”, some are not.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:26, topic:112638”]
That is the only way you can justify following your genocidal son murdering God.
[/quote]

You really need to widen your adjective usage.

God is the total being. He can do whatever he wants.

But lately, I was kind of thinking about my religion myself. Did we create God just to appease the gaps between our own understandings of the mechanisms of our world and mentality? Like, a child creates a imaginary friend to talk to? I wonder.

All in all, there’s no way that Man is greater than god. How can his creations be greater than him? It’s like saying the pottery is greater than the sculptor. Doesn’t make any sense.

I mean, that’s typically the atheist view of it. It wouldn’t be the first time that humans created an explanation for something that they didn’t fully understand yet.

This guy believes in some weird stuff that I’ve never really heard of before.

Now you have to resort to lies. Tsk tsk.

Only if your own self evaluation is incorrect.

Are you intelligent? If not, why not?

Either you are taking the piss or your head is literally just that far up your own ass. I’m gonna bet on the latter though. How is it a lie, when you clearly said your view is an “intelligent one”. Tsk tsk.

I am open to suggestions.

How would you say it?