Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

It’s kind of strange that you would attempt to place what we as humans as ‘moral’ on God, the omnipresent being. You can’t place the same standards that we place on ourselves, on another being that isn’t like ourselves. It’s like saying “hey why did that lion kill? Well he should be like the sheep and eat grass, then he will be morally right because the sheep eats grass and doesn’t kill,”. See what I mean.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

What strange stuff?

I am using the bible quotes appropriate to Gnostic Christian beliefs as gleaned from scriptures.

It seems that you have just not read the bible.

What are these telling you you must do to elevate your mentality?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus asks in scriptures, have ye forgotten that ye are Gods?

You, like most people must answer yes when you should be saying yes the way Gnostic Christians and Karaite Jews do.

This stuff is not strange. It is ancient and a lot more intelligent than following some invisible absentee genocidal son murdering God.

Is Greatest I Am just an edgy atheist? His posts seem to say yes!

What makes you a “great mind”? FYI, refusing to answer for your bullshit claim doesn’t look good for your “great mind”.:joy:

So you would put a lower moral standard on God than one that is higher than your own. Is that what you are saying?

That would make God less worthy of that title than yourself, which is exactly what I am saying.

If you would quote whatever you miss-read, I could hep you out.

Understanding another’s POV is not your goal though.

Again proving you’re a joke and waste of time. I went on to quote you and address your claim to be intelligent. You then went on to address every other post I made, but the one where I quoted you. :joy: I don’t care what your POV is, but when you call yourself intelligent, or claim to possess an intelligent view, I’m going to call you out for it.

> continuously posting the same stuff again and again for a half a decade.

This is not what a smart person does, @Greatest_I_am. Why don’t you apply your mind to better things than trying to debate New Age spirituality on a political forum for people half your age?

A sign of mental insecurity.

Strange that you do not think that trying to get the religious to be less misogynous and oppressive to women would be a good cause.

Enjoy being second class do you?

That’s not what you do, at all. You post nonsensical “Gnostic” stuff which has nothing to do with those things, and attempt to portray yourself as “intelligent.”

Ok. I will try real hard to look like most here try to do. Look unintelligent.

No. I’m not saying that. Don’t just assume stuff or read between some lines. What I am trying to say is that you can’t compare apples with pears. That doesn’t make any sense. If you were a god then perhaps you can compare and judge him. Since you’re not a god and not him then, you can’t. Like a child trying to say that his parents are wrong when telling him not to cross the road without looking left or right. You can’t argue that the child knows best because he isn’t an adult. Just like how we can’t just judge God with our own moral standards. Get it?

Why not when God himself in Gen 3 says that we have the same moral sense as he does. They have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

You also forget that most theists have judged their God to be good by their standards. Scriptures even tell us to judge.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

The bible seem to think we are able. Why don’t you?

Further, scriptures say we should all strive to gain a Christ mind and take the judgement seat from God.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Some of us will do that work and step up. Others will not do the work and just continue to follow lying priests, preachers and imams.

I am a God WIP. If you cannot say that and will not emulate Jesus then keep being an inferior Christian, if you are a Christian, as compared to Gnostic Christian.

John Lennon was correct when he said that the only good Christians were Gnostic Christians.

That reason is why Christians decimated us with their Inquisitions the moment they could.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Is Greatest I Am just an edgy atheist? His posts seem to say yes!

You don’t have to try, you are unintelligent.

He had no hate for Jesus, and you misunderstand Jesus’ purpose.[quote=“Greatest_I_am, post:67, topic:112638”]
Nice prick of a God you follow.
[/quote]

I would rather follow him than whatever it is exactly that you believe. You argue that the supernatural does not exist, and then argue that we are above God. I can’t follow your logic.

Logic and reason is not your forte. It is mine.

That is why you follow a genocidal son murderer that you say is good.

Genocide is good. Who knew?

I guess that you do not care what kind of garbage morality you follow.

I don’t recall that verse. I do recall it being denounced 8 times in the Bible alone and many more times in other scripture.

“Beware that thou forget not the Lord lest thine heart be lifted up,” Deut. 8:11–14.

"Pride and arrogancy do I hate…"Prov. 8:13 (Prov. 6:16–17).

“Pride goeth before destruction…” Prov. 16:18.

“The day of the Lord shall be upon the proud…” Isa. 2:11–12 (2 Ne. 12:11–12).

“The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee…” Obad. 1:3.

“All the proud shall be stubble…” Mal. 4:1 (1 Ne. 22:15; 3 Ne. 25:1; D&C 29:9).

“Whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased…” Matt. 23:12 (D&C 101:42).

“God resisteth the proud…” 1 Pet. 5:5.

And lastly to quote The Book Of Mormon which I revere as the word of God brought forth by his hand to restore his Gospel in the last days.

"28 O that cunning plan of the evil one! O the vainness, and the frailties, and the foolishness of men! When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.

29 But to be learned is good if they hearken unto the counsels of God." - 2nd Nephi 9

> argues that the supernatural doesn’t exist.
> argues that we are “above” God.

Not very logical or rational.