Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

Fine. Do not be proud of your wife and children.

??

So it is more rational to argue for some invisible guy in the sky and that he is somehow better than us.

Go ahead and make your logical case and I will follow with mine against you notion.

Saying god exists, regardless of whether or not that god is morally superior or inferior to people, is still a supernatural claim

m8, provide the fucking verse

holy hell

I agree, if one defines God as supernatural.

Not in cases like what some old emperors did when declaring themselves to be Gods.

True to justify his not being proud of his family. Reading comprehension is a useful tool.

God is still supernatural in that scenario

He asked you for what verse you were talking about, and you’re avoiding it like a little bitch

There’s a long list of arguments. And it depends on what concept of God. As there are many concepts that have existed within Christianity and live on today in various trees.

I am not his bitch and it is not my fault if he does not read the bible.

I think it strange that anyone would say that God is not proud of Jesus.

Are you proud of your wife and kids. How about your parents?

Our friend says he isn’t. Are you of his ilk?

I agree, and all but the Gnostic Christian view of God is worthy and has the support of one of the archetypal Jesus’ found in scriptures.

That is why I chose Gnostic Christianity. I agree with John Lennon and many others who say that the only good Christian is a Gnostic Christian.

You did not likely choose your version of God but are only following your family tradition.

You have no fucking clue how an argument works, do you?

You make a claim, you provide evidence

Expecting him to provide evidence for your claim is retarded

So? I couldn’t give two flying fucks about what you do and do not think is “strange”.

Holy fucking Christ, stop with the red herrings about whether or not you love your family you fucking twit. Stay focused on the point at hand, or fuck off to some other forum. Because the more you keep this up, the more people are just going to laugh at you.

Do you kiss your wife with the mouth full of the shit you are using?

Grow up child.

No, but i do fuck your’s

Lmao, you came to the wrong forum if you didn’t want to be berated with vulgarity for dodging arguments

There are many religions in my family and I committed after spending time first as agnostic then atheist as life progressed. Then a multitude of things lead up to my current beliefs. There is a church even named after my family in one area of the country that is still in use. If I wished to follow my family tradition then there literally is a Heckathorn Church.

Additionally, in my state, my faith makes up only 1% or less of the population and there is a negative stigma toward my faith. So there is no cultural pressure either to conform to it from society. I choose my faith and in time I will choose to take the message of the Gospel to every corner of this earth. In doing so I’m willing to leave behind many opportunities to serve my God by serving all mankind who are all my brothers and sisters in spirit.

Jesus said he came to serve man. What makes you think God wants or need you to serve him?

What could an Omni everything being need from you? Not a damned thing.

That is why the more intelligent religions put man above God.

He was sent to save mankind and he has called upon prophets from the beginning to end to do his will. Free will is moral, however, a supreme intelligence which is God has instituted laws so that lower intelligences may become even as he is through obedience. As a son becomes like his father.

Man is nothing, to think ourselves greater than God is a self deception. We are all offspring of God so therefore gods with a little g with the ability to progress.

“> This is a paradox of man: compared to God, man is nothing; yet we are everything to God. While against the backdrop of infinite creation we may appear to be nothing, we have a spark of eternal fire burning within our breast. We have the incomprehensible promise of exaltation—worlds without end—within our grasp. And it is God’s great desire to help us reach it.” - Elder Uchtdorf

Thanks for sharing your delusion.

Regards
DL

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite “free will!”, or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is “God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy.”

But this simply avoids God’s culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose “A” or “B” (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of “being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent” and “desiring to eat a forbidden fruit” must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and “free will” means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.”

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

He’s much more moral and Christian than you are, “Gnostic Christian.”

Really.

I am always eager to improve.

Which moral tenet are you looking at?

Please show his view as compared to mine as he and I did not go deeply in any as far as I can remember. Please do not just do one of your usual one liners please.

Do as I do when correcting.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I trust your love is softer than my tough love although so far I do not see it.