People here in Texas have trouble with all those shalls and shall nots in the 10 Commandments. Folks here just aren’t used to talking in those terms.So, some Texicans got together and translated the King James Good Book into
“King Ranch” language: Ten Commandments, Cowboy Style.
Cowboy’s Ten Commandments posted on the wall at Cross Trails Church in Fairlie, Texas.
(1) Just one God.
(2) Honor yer Ma & Pa.
(3) No telling tales or gossipin’.
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meeting.
(5) Put nothin’ before God.
(6) No foolin’ around with another fellow’s gal.
(7) No killin’.
(8) Watch yer mouth.
(9) Don’t take what ain’t yers.
10) Don’t be hankerin’ for yer buddy’s stuff.
Now that’s kinda plain an simple don’t ya think?
Y’all have a good Day.
If you can read this, thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a SOLDIER