Creating ANOTHER mustang board? <UPDATED PG 4)

dumb idea or no? mustangforums is up for sale, already way over-run with ads - no tech articles, etc. IF, and a big IF we (yes I said we, because it would be a forum created and tailored to those of us over here who came from mustangforums). I wouldn’t do something unless I thought it would be the ABSOLUTE BEST ANYWHERE, and I wouldn’t do it unless I thought it would be popular. So, here are my thoughts.

I myself frequent a half dozen different mustang sites. Why? well because I like chatting at MF, but when I need tech advice for myself (which happens quite a bit - I don’t ask questions on MF or answer posts I know nothing about because I try to maintain a certain “image” over there. So when I want tech advice I go elsewhere, and each of the other forums I visit offer something different I can use… they all have different atmospheres and different features I like and dislike. Who knows what will happen to MF once its bought out… MORE ADS? who knows.

MY IDEAL MUSTANG FORUM:

1. A positive attitue, always (like MF)
  2. off topic posts filtered out into Offtopicz, and tech related stuff linked over to the mustang site (only need to login at 1 place for both). There wont be anything like tokenz or anything like that over there.
  3. Tech articles and how-to’s written by our members
  4. A personal member page for you and your car (like car-domain)
  5. A timeslip database (automated with ranks, etc.)
  6. THE most popular mustang site on the internet (may take a couple years but this is a MUST).
  7. ABSOLUTELY NO ADS!

What do you think? Honest opinions, post up the good, bad, or ugly.

RE: Creating ANOTHER mustang board?

Good idea… But that means you need to have alot of tech articles written up for how-to’s. I am up for it. I think it will be good.

What about just buying Mustangforums? Then taking the ads away and recreating everything? Alot of people already go there and it might be easier to build it.

WOW you got my vote for this it sounds good … And Joe i think you got the know how to get it done :bow :D… I agree with Vs why dont you buy MF and make it good again like it us to be … when we first joined it was a fun place now :dunno :dunno

1. A positive attitue, always (like MF)

2. off topic posts filtered out into Offtopicz, and tech related stuff linked over to the mustang site (only need to login at 1 place for both). There wont be anything like tokenz or anything like that over there.

3. Tech articles and how-to’s written by our members

4. A personal member page for you and your car (like car-domain)

5. A timeslip database (automated with ranks, etc.)

6. THE most popular mustang site on the internet (may take a couple years but this is a MUST).

7. ABSOLUTELY NO ADS!

8. Not everyone is going to have a positive attitude. I try to bring a little bit of reality to MF, and I get called out like crazy by the n00bs.

9. Good Idea.

10. I always enjoy reading first hand experiences with How-to’s and tech articles from members who have been there and done that.

11. Even more so, I love reading about other peoples cars. You get good ideas that way.

12. I need to run at the track.

13. werd… does this mean I can’t come? :dunno

14. Ads aren’t bad at all, the problem is that the page is slowed down by massive ads that are all over.

Ads STILL serve a purpose, they are great for linking to vendors and services mustang owners will want to use. I say use some ads, but don’t let it take over the main page like it has MF.com.

For one thing, joe told me that MF probably makes close to few hundred a month with all of their sponsers and it is probably worth 18 months its revenu… So, that idea is out. Besides he doesnt want it to be anything like mustangforums. He wants it to be BETTER than mustangforums…

He wants to have a HOW TO area and car pages for members, ect. :slight_smile:

If everyone thinks its a good idea, then he will do it.

Ok JOE go for it make it better then MF ever was and 2000 i agree with what you said about the Newbies on MF they got way to many KNOW IT ALLS over there … and its really getting boring there are way to many ASS HOLES over there :dunno :dunno

With a large member base they’ll always be assholes and folks with strong opinions. Im mostly “referring” to the other mustang sites and the top members on those telling people that they don’t deserve to own a mustang because they didn’t know what an h-pipe is or calling people noobs because they ask a simple question.

They’ll certainly be an “Other Vehicles” section, no doubt so don’t sweat that SI - besides we’re gonna need someone to participate in all the “I spanked a Honda” threads!

Bottom line is theirs been an influx and a fook ton of dumbasses making Mustang sites over the last couple months, and I’m not prepared to open a board that sits around with nothing going on like those places. I’m concerned about that.

Re: RE: Creating ANOTHER mustang board?

[quote=mdvaldosta]With a large member base they’ll always be assholes and folks with strong opinions. Im mostly “referring” to the other mustang sites and the top members on those telling people that they don’t deserve to own a mustang because they didn’t know what an h-pipe is or calling people noobs because they ask a simple question.

They’ll certainly be an “Other Vehicles” section, no doubt so don’t sweat that SI - besides we’re gonna need someone to participate in all the “I spanked a Honda” threads!

Bottom line is theirs been an influx and a fook ton of dumbasses making Mustang sites over the last couple months, and I’m not prepared to open a board that sits around with nothing going on like those places. I’m concerned about that.[/quote]

Lol yeah, 2000si > all thoose noobs over at mf. :rock

If you think you can aviod making “another” mustang site go for it.

Those are good concerns but how do you know ??? how can you tell if theres not another GM running around out there :dunno

you cant you just have to deal with it, and dont be abitch and pull up your skirt. and fight like a man. :fu

you cant you just have to deal with it, and dont be abitch and pull up your skirt. and fight like a man. :fu[/quote]

Ok Matt i got it basicly your saying dont cry BUCK up and fight back :blah :blah :blah

basically, COWBOY THE FVCK UP! :fu :rock

Thank You Matt but i still believe Joe could do good with another Mustang forum … His now how is very good with computers and Cars … i think it would work :smiley:

o i think it would be bad ass, but im just saying starting it is going to be a bitch.

[quote=sp3nis]

Lol yeah, 2000si > all thoose noobs over at mf. :rock[/quote]

Damn. I feel special now.

Maybe it’s cause my car is slow? haha

I cracked on myself. pats self on back :smiley:

Well 2000 can you handle all the " i spanked a Honda " threads ??? :lol :lol :lol

Been doing well thus far on MF.

I even had JD1969 defending me in that “funniest shit ever” thread. That was a classic moment.

well thank you 2000 that was actually me who started that JD was repling to something i said about … NOOBS FALMING you all the time because you drive a SI… but thats ok :dunno :dunno

Anybody else?? What do yall think?

SHIT… i’m down for the crown… i think it would be slow in the begining, but it would definitly pick up. i like the idea of linking the two sites together, one for car related info, and the other for off topic shit… there are alot of other :gay ass mustang sites, but they don’t have the coolest people in the world running it.
:cool :cool :rock :rock

a name that stands out and sounds cool would help too…

you have my vote.