dumb idea or no? mustangforums is up for sale, already way over-run with ads - no tech articles, etc. IF, and a big IF we (yes I said we, because it would be a forum created and tailored to those of us over here who came from mustangforums). I wouldn’t do something unless I thought it would be the ABSOLUTE BEST ANYWHERE, and I wouldn’t do it unless I thought it would be popular. So, here are my thoughts.
I myself frequent a half dozen different mustang sites. Why? well because I like chatting at MF, but when I need tech advice for myself (which happens quite a bit - I don’t ask questions on MF or answer posts I know nothing about because I try to maintain a certain “image” over there. So when I want tech advice I go elsewhere, and each of the other forums I visit offer something different I can use… they all have different atmospheres and different features I like and dislike. Who knows what will happen to MF once its bought out… MORE ADS? who knows.
MY IDEAL MUSTANG FORUM:
- A positive attitue, always (like MF)
- off topic posts filtered out into Offtopicz, and tech related stuff linked over to the mustang site (only need to login at 1 place for both). There wont be anything like tokenz or anything like that over there.
- Tech articles and how-to’s written by our members
- A personal member page for you and your car (like car-domain)
- A timeslip database (automated with ranks, etc.)
- THE most popular mustang site on the internet (may take a couple years but this is a MUST).
- ABSOLUTELY NO ADS!
What do you think? Honest opinions, post up the good, bad, or ugly.