Curious

We are all members of Offtopicz (duh damn obvious) and because of this we are all members of a little community right… (yeah stay with me it will make sense in a minute) We are all totally different in the way we have certain views and opinions on different topics, most of us live in different states and even different countries and yet something has drawn us all to the same place and kept us coming back to the same place. It has alot to do with those we interact with every day.

I guess what im wondering is… With all of the members that are a part of the board Why do we choose only a select few that we get along with on a broader scale (private message, IM contact exchange details and occasionally exchanging phone numbers). I mean most of us get along with everyone but each of us has 2 to 5 members they get along more than anyone else… i guess i would like to know the reasons behind it…

LOL noseyness over just curious in relation to what ive been learning of late is all :smiley:

I think it all depends on what each of us has in common with others. That, and the degree of respect and the sense of trust we share.

It seems like any large group of people - there are some you get along with more than others. There are some that attract you and others not so much.

So it has more to do with the personality of that person right. would you say the people you are attracted to on a friendship level are the total opposite or the same.

Me personally i tend to find friends in those that share a common personality trait, those people get more of my attention as mean as it sounds. It Inevitably leads to me having to explain less about the sort of person i am, if that makes sense.

sometimes you just click with someone

[quote=“canidae, post: 1093491”]I think it all depends on what each of us has in common with others. That, and the degree of respect and the sense of trust we share.

It seems like any large group of people - there are some you get along with more than others. There are some that attract you and others not so much.[/quote]
yeah i’d agree with that, i think it all boils down to personality

[quote=“Keight, post: 1093490”]We are all members of Offtopicz (duh damn obvious) and because of this we are all members of a little community right… (yeah stay with me it will make sense in a minute) We are all totally different in the way we have certain views and opinions on different topics, most of us live in different states and even different countries and yet something has drawn us all to the same place and kept us coming back to the same place. It has alot to do with those we interact with every day.

I guess what im wondering is… With all of the members that are a part of the board Why do we choose only a select few that we get along with on a broader scale (private message, IM contact exchange details and occasionally exchanging phone numbers). I mean most of us get along with everyone but each of us has 2 to 5 members they get along more than anyone else… i guess i would like to know the reasons behind it…

LOL noseyness over just curious in relation to what ive been learning of late is all :D[/quote]
Simple… Some of us wear many masks, and we get along better with a certain few than we do others.

Just like in “real life”.

There are just some people, even in a group of “RL” friends who just “get you” more/better than the others.

[quote=“Butterfly, post: 1093496”]Just like in “real life”.

There are just some people, even in a group of “RL” friends who just “get you” more/better than the others.[/quote]
true.

Yeah suppose i have a few people on here i tend to notice and get on with a lot. Satin, BH, Leah…Even Skyblue to an extent, it’s good banter. There’s probably others.

I tend to talk to the members I know the best and or the ones that I have known from before. Like Elsa for instance.

Masks? So you think some people online try and hide who they are to get along better with other members?

I have tonnes of questions on this sorta thing its good to have all of you to bounce off you know :slight_smile:

Ive been thinking about it and im having trouble finding a member that gets along perfectly with everyone, i don’t think one exists on this site, however i could be wrong I means its just from what i see on the public forum too.

[quote=“Keight, post: 1093500”]Masks? So you think some people online try and hide who they are to get along better with other members?

I have tonnes of questions on this sorta thing its good to have all of you to bounce off you know :slight_smile:

Ive been thinking about it and im having trouble finding a member that gets along perfectly with everyone, i don’t think one exists on this site, however i could be wrong I means its just from what i see on the public forum too.[/quote]
I try not to sugar coat things but I’m sure others “play nice”

I think we all wear masks in some way. Not necessarily to get along with certain members though. Perhaps we wear a mask that hides the pain of a not-so-healthy home life. Or we wear a mask that hides our insecurities about ourself behind playful banter, or a mask that hides deep loneliness… and on a lighter side, a mask that makes our lives look perfect on the outside, or a mask that plays down our own happiness so as not to hurt/upset those who aren’t happy etc.

I do think what people project to the outside world of ‘strangers’ is seldom the same as the ‘face’ they show their closer friends, or the one they show their lover/parents/siblings., and of course, their very true self.

I’ve noticed, I have also noticed you try not to be an ass most of the time. I mean not all the time your as you put it “honest” with your responses.

[quote=“Butterfly, post: 1093502”]I think we all wear masks in some way. Not necessarily to get along with certain members though. Perhaps we wear a mask that hides the pain of a not-so-healthy home life. Or we wear a mask that hides our insecurities about ourself behind playful banter, or a mask that hides deep loneliness… and on a lighter side, a mask that makes our lives look perfect on the outside, or a mask that plays down our own happiness so as not to hurt/upset those who aren’t happy etc.

I do think what people project to the outside world of ‘strangers’ is seldom the same as the ‘face’ they show their closer friends, or the one they show their lover/parents/siblings., and of course, their very true self.[/quote]

Very true, think about it there is many flirty types on this forum, if we were exactly who we are portraying most the time we would have a forum of very promiscuous folks :24:

Because of the mask we wear would you say we are drawn more to people who understand the position we have been put in because of the certain mask?

I dont believe in joining any cliques. I notice there are groups or cliques here. To put it simply the groups or cliques engage in group norms or group dynamics. Every group or clikque has a leader, spokesman, followe, joker etc. This topic is part of Organizational Behavior. I kick ass here too

Ahaha see I must be uberly advanced i don’t do Organization Behavior until next term! :willy_nilly:

See how you pounced on the topic accidently. I bet u gonna score high marks for OB

I actually started the topic trying to base it on Cultural diversity, the different people we surround ourselves with etc haha purely by accident glad it turned around the way it did though

Cultural diversity in a forum like this has a role to play as far as OB is concerned. I can see the common group norms here.

[quote=“Keight, post: 1093490”]We are all members of Offtopicz (duh damn obvious) and because of this we are all members of a little community right… (yeah stay with me it will make sense in a minute) We are all totally different in the way we have certain views and opinions on different topics, most of us live in different states and even different countries and yet something has drawn us all to the same place and kept us coming back to the same place. It has alot to do with those we interact with every day.

LOL noseyness over just curious in relation to what ive been learning of late is all :D[/quote]

One word Katers

Boobs:unsure: