Darius Rucker (aka Hootie minus the Blowfish)

So he’s back as a country singer and I can’t help but love him!! I have always thought he had an awesome voice, and I think he does country music really well :stuck_out_tongue:

This is my favorite song from his new stuff. The music is not too twangy for my liking and the lyrics definitely apply to me.

YouTube - Darius Rucker - Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It

I left out in a cloud of taillights and dust
Swore I wasn’t coming back, said I’d had enough
Saw you in the rear view standing fading from my life
But I wasn’t turning around, no not this time but
Chorus:
Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It
Don’t think I don’t have regrets
Don’t think it don’t get to me
Between the work and the hurt and the whiskey
Don’t think I don’t wonder 'bout
Could’ve been, should’a been all worked out
I know what I felt and I know what i said but
Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It
When we make choices we gotta live with them
Heard you found a real good man and you married him
I wonder if sometimes I cross your mind
Where would we be today if I never drove that car away
Repeat Chorus
Don’t Think I Don’t Think about it
Repeat Chorus
Don’t Think I Don’t
Don’t Think I Don’t

Oh he’s done a great job in the new Genre.

I think he’s uber talented…that and Hootie sold 66 million albums while they were together, so he’s got major credibility as an artist anyways.

But my wife and I love him

I LOVE that song! I crank the radio up when it comes on :slight_smile:

He’s been doing that country thing for a bit hasn’t he? He was promoting himself as a country singer during Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. This was the actual song that was “performed” during the parade.

He’s put out a couple of singles here recently that have really gone straight to the top.

He’s got two things going for him:

He has always been an excellent song writer

He can sing what he writes.

Technically he’s the entire musical success package

He’s country but still sounds like Hootie LOL. So it’s like the people who liked him before who don’t like country can still palette him.

I slept through the Thanksgiving Day Parade, so I missed it :frowning:

I know this song isn’t brand new, but I love it… so just let me love it :smiley:

Yeah but we’re talking about a guy who is credited for selling 66 million albums dating back to Hootie and the Blowfish’s first album.

You really can’t scoff at that, I mean the guy is legitimate at whatever he does, and to his defense, his crossover sounds nothing like Hottie and the Blowfish, not to me.

He has opted to move into the common chords of country music and tap into the grassroots musical influence of country.

That’s my take, and I applaud him for it. Let’s face it, he knew he was going to be held up against H&BF

But like I said, he comes into the country game with multiple platinum albums, and im my opinion, he’s backin the business of making marketable music

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1093073”]Yeah but we’re talking about a guy who is credited for selling 66 million albums dating back to Hootie and the Blowfish’s first album.

You really can’t scoff at that, I mean the guy is legitimate at whatever he does, and to his defense, his crossover sounds nothing like Hottie and the Blowfish, not to me.

He has opted to move into the common chords of country music and tap into the grassroots musical influence of country.

That’s my take, and I applaud him for it. Let’s face it, he knew he was going to be held up against H&BF

But like I said, he comes into the country game with multiple platinum albums, and im my opinion, he’s backin the business of making marketable music[/quote]
He did a song for a TNT movie with the original band and i thought it sounded alot like the tone of this song.

To me if anything, it’ll be impossible to get away from “That voice” he has a distinct voice that is always going to spin you back to

“Hold my hand…Want you to hold my hand”:24:

But I still like him, and he’s all about making good marketable music, and I admire him being upfront about it

It’s definitely impossible to get away from “the voice”

“I only wanna be with yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou”

Hootie & The Blowfish - Goodbye Girl

YAY!!! He’s coming up next on Oprah!!!

I had no idea he was singing country now. I always liked his voice.