DEA still missing $185K tossed onto SoCal freeways

[SIZE=2]DEA still missing $185K tossed onto SoCal freeways[/SIZE]

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

(03-24) 18:26 PDT San Diego, CA (AP) – Federal agents have recovered about $40,000 that was tossed out of the truck of two suspects in a marijuana trafficking probe who led police on a wild freeway chase, but they believe they’re missing roughly $185,000 and want motorists who stopped to pick up the cash to turn it in.

Rest of story here:

DEA still missing $185K tossed onto SoCal freeways

Would you?

Hell yeah! :nod: Sorry if that makes me a bastard but I would! Think Mary Jane should be legal anyway.

I think mary jane should be leagle also . Damn wish I had found all that money last month when I was in cali. Of course I would have given it back . Yeah right !!

March 26, 2009 1:09 PM
[SIZE=2]Obama: Legalizing Pot Won’t Grow Economy[/SIZE]

President Obama today held an online town hall meeting in which he answered questions submitted to the White House web site.

As CBS News’ Chief Political Correspondent Marc Ambinder points out[/URL], the top-rated questions in the “budget” and “fiscal stability” sections of the [URL=“http://www.whitehouse.gov/OpenForQuestions/”]submissions page concerned the legalization of marijuana.

(Here’s one: “With over 1 out of 30 Americans controlled by the penal system, why not legalize, control, and tax marijuana to change the failed war on drugs into a money making, money saving boost to the economy? Do we really need that many victimless criminals?")

Hotsheet did not expect President Obama to address the pot questions during the town hall, particularly after the event opened with a pair of relatively straightforward questions. But we were wrong: the president interrupted the event midway through to address the issue.

“…we took votes about which questions were going to be asked, and I think 3 million people voted or 3.5 million people voted,” he said. “I have to say that there was one question that was voted on that ranked fairly high, and that was whether legalizing marijuana would improve the economy and job creation.”

The president then joked that “I don’t know what this says about the online audience,” prompting laughter from the roughly 100 people gathered in the White House East Room for the event.

Rest of article and video at:

Obama: Legalizing Pot Won’t Grow Economy | Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I think he’s wrong. The legalization and taxation or the erb would bring in billions and eventually eliminate the Mexican drug cartel that is causing total havoc in CA and other SW states. I would love to see it legalized and taxed but I don’t think that will happen in my lifetime. One can only hope that the states will prevail when it comes to the legalization of medical erb.

Lastly, I wish I had been on the freeway when the bucks starting flying. I need dental work and don’t have insurnace that covers that. The extra bucks would come in real handy. Ethics be damned, in this situation.