Do I need any special tune

When i install nitrous? I bought my Nitto DR’s today, now i’m hunting for a nitrous setup. Just want to make sure I know what im getting into

yes.

elaborate please :smiley:

Basically you need alot more then just n2o. If you want to play it safe.

im sure nos man can give more detials but with n2o safer is better.

If you do wet got make sure your injectors are big enough for the shot. A well tuned wet shot i think is very safe root to go. keywords well tuned.

Dry shot if plant to do under 100 like a 75 shot or so. Easier install and etc.

Other basic stuff id window switches, which make sure you dont spray inbetween gears.

hrmm i cant think right now but thats a start

Purge valves!!! No purge valves can =http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/bomb.gif i think the funniest thing Ive seen at the strip was a double explosion. Two kids, one in a Chebbie truck and the other in a Honda Accord, both with nitrous, blew thier motors within split seconds of eachother. Turns out they both were new to nitrous and neither knew what they were doing. As soon as they hit the nawwsss, [size=6]BOOM BOOM!!![/size] It totaly killed the truck and the Honda sounded like a chainsaw with a huge miss. :rofl

i dont see how they could be that dumb. basically any endeavor you wish to start has been done before and is posted on the internet. plus havent they heard of automotive forums? lol. it sucks for them but they had it coming i guess.

Re: RE: Do I need any special tune…

[quote=sp3nis]Basically you need alot more then just n2o. If you want to play it safe.

If you do wet got make sure your injectors are big enough for the shot. A well tuned wet shot i think is very safe root to go. keywords well tuned.

Other basic stuff id window switches, which make sure you dont spray inbetween gears.

hrmm i cant think right now but thats a start[/quote]

I know tis p3nis :smiley: all windowswitch, WOT switch etc is all included in the kit. As far as whats safer. I keep reading that wet kits are LESS safe due to puddling. Since my stock intake is plastic, and is not designed to run fuel through it i should stay away. I am looking at a direct port injection system tho :gears

Re: RE: Do I need any special tune…

[quote=OUZBnd][quote=sp3nis]Basically you need alot more then just n2o. If you want to play it safe.

hrmm i cant think right now but thats a start[/quote]

I know tis p3nis :smiley: all windowswitch, WOT switch etc is all included in the kit. As far as whats safer. I keep reading that wet kits are LESS safe due to puddling. Since my stock intake is plastic, and is not designed to run fuel through it i should stay away. I am looking at a direct port injection system tho :gears[/quote]

direct port wet is the safest but most money and prolly has the best outcome from perfomance. You only puddle if spray to low in the rpm band. and wet kits go into the intake manifold, i believe and i dont think yours is plastic…

Yes, if you don’t tune for Nitrous, you’ll risk detonation.

actually, i think if you runa 400 shot, i think you will do fine…

that is of course, if your not running gas…

nitrous as a regular fuel… now that would be expensive