Does God want us to judge him?

Does God want us to judge him?

I think that God wants us to judge him. We are to emulate Jesus. Jesus judged God and found him wanting.

Upon taking the judgement seat, Jesus indicated that it was time to retire Yahweh. Jesus saw Yahweh as no longer fit to rule over or judge man. Man had in essence graduated to his rightful place as the judge of all the Gods.

Christians, who are told by their own scriptures to judge righteously, are not doing so when it comes to Yahweh.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Yahweh is quite a vile God. It is no wonder that Yahweh does not show his face around Christians. They would kill him. Jesus did say that he came to bring War. Perhaps he meant war against God, which would be following Jewish tradition.

If God wants us to judge him, why do most Christians not judge God in a righteous and moral manner?

Place no God above me, means that God wants us to judge all the Gods, including himself, to insure he is the best of the best. How else could we know that Yahweh was the best God to follow?

Do you agree, or are we not supposed to judge God?

Regards
DL

Sunt nulli dei, sunt nulli prophetae, sunt solum homines

There are no gods, there are no prophets, there are only men

Tell the religious and perhaps they will stop thinking that their God wants them to be homophobic and misogynous.

I do but they do not want to believe me and that is why I tend to use morals as a lever. Sometimes they care about those, depending on the depth of the corruption of their moral sense their religion has produced.

Regards
DL

1 Like

Why are you so against religion @Greatest_I_am ?
Have you always been anti-religion?

No. I owe religion quite a bit for the social help I received when young.

I also owe religion quite a bit for their guidance away from religion that I received when I became an adult.

I was not anti-religion until after I leaned more about how things really are.

Recognition of reality will make all believers leave their vile religions and putrid Gods.

Why do you not hate those who are morally defective and who adore a genocidal son murdering God and who promote homophobic and misogynous religions?

Regards
DL

There was not a single God who wants me better but those voices that are heard by the way but do not fight before they come close to me all by themselves. Is one who wants the resistance to me without and get closer.

:us::uk:

Depends which God you are referring to. But for most such deities, I’d give a solid no. Those in power rarely like such power to be questioned. I see no reason why God would be different

I take a shortcut in defining God; I use, ---- as an ideal ideology that can be expressed by a human. That covers all bases.

You just made a judgement call and might have proven that we cannot help but judge the Gods, either as good or evil.

The bible advises us to judge all things including the Gods. It seems we are all agreeing.

Regards
DL

Yes. God does want us to judge Him, and I think this for two reasons.

First, as long as we attempt to negatively judge Him and/or His actions, we will always be wrong. God’s thinking transcends ours, so we will never fully understand the complexity of Him or His decisions.

Second, if He did not want us to judge Him, he would not have given us the intellectual capability to do so. In His creation he has made something that can judge it’s creator, yet for the first reason the creation will always be wrong, unless he is recognizing the greatness of His decisions.

If we are always wrong, then he did not give us the intellectual capacity to do so.

So why do scriptures tell us to judge him if we are going to be wrong?

If you are going to reply, try not to self-contradict yourself.

I take it that you have judged Yahweh, a genocidal and infanticidal moral monster as good.

Right?

Regards
DL

1 Like

I do not have any place discussing the Bible, as I am Hindu, so I am not well suited to answer part of your reply.

But what I meant was judging him negatively (saying His judgement is wrong, criticizing the way He did something). When one does this, that person most likely does not fully understand the scope of God’s decisions, and also does not have the mental capability to comprehend all the factors that went into His decisions, so he will most likely always be wrong.

Perhaps the scriptures would want to encourage man’s independent thinking, it is a lesson so that man will always question, therefore always learn. But my point is that since we cannot observe the entire situation (as God can) we cannot properly make a judgement. But perhaps the scriptures are encouraging free thought?

You may ask why I am engaging in a monotheistic debate when I am a polytheist. Most of my friends are Christians and strong believers in the necessity of religion in daily life, to the point where our ideology (still developing) calls for it. I tend to refer to god in the singular a) because it makes debate easier, and b)(most) Hindus do believe in an omnipresent universal singular God, while others exist, He is the most powerful and is in essence the spirit of the universe.

I do apologize for not being able to fully answer your reply.

Regards,

Cyprus

We are not in a position, flawed as we obviously are, to judge God. Yes, we are to emulate and be like Christ. No, Jesus did not judge God.

I see no evidence whatsoever in Scripture to support this claim.

Yahweh has not shown his face to anyone. I seem to recall Him telling Moses that he would die if he showed him His face, such is the magnificence of His glory.

Yeah, no. You can’t kill God.

You have totally and utterly taken that verse out of context.

Apologies for my tardiness.

I do not know that much about your views on god or gods.

I was speaking more of the biblical god who can kill or cure yet almost always chooses to kill, even as the bible has Jesus saying he came to cure and not kill those he though mentally or morally ill.
The same bible says that god never changes his mind so either the bible is wrong, or Jesus is a liar.

That kind or a quandary is why we must do as scriptures say and judge all things including the gods.

How else would you know you are following a good hod unless you judge him to be good?

Regards
DL

Yet you have judged your god to be good and worthy of being emulated.
You contradict your own words by thinking/judging god to be good.

I am not surprised that you have not read your bible.

Try google with something like ascended to god’s right hand. You will find the biblical quotes.

And you do not recognize just how stupid that sounds. Oh well.

Yet Jesus died for his sins and many think he is God, sort of.

Given that you have not provided a context to prove your point, I think you are just using context as a hypocritical way to take a personal jab.

That or like above, you do not know enough of your bible for a decent response.

Regards
DL

I like your thinking. I seem to be stumped, my friend. Good debate.

OMG. Where do you come from and who raised you?

No one in these places has the couth and good grace to acknowledge what you have.

My kingdom for more honest and realistic people like you.

Regards
DL

Sorry for the late reply

I don’t like to try to draw out an argument that I am stumped on. Throwing insults and blind arguments is what gets us to trouble in the first place. And that applies to every ideology. Anyway, nice to speak with you. See you around.

Regards,
Cyprus Khan

No problem given that we are on the same page.

Regards
DL

1 Like