Don't hot rod your Mustangs

I read on the news that when you floor you Mustang, the throttle might stick. Have fun :smiley:

How do you read something on the news :dunno

lol…

as for him reading it on the news… he could of read it when the info came across the bottom of the screen like it does on cnn

well, i dont what to make of that without more details, but i do know that i had something like that happen to me, but it was simple to fix (at least unless it happens again) basically my cruise control cable broke, so it would sometimes wedge itself in between the throttlebody and the brace that runs across the engine compartment. it happened once or twice, but to fix it i just got under the hood, jiggled it out and kept going. ive since reconnected it, lets just hope it stays :smiley:

but either way, if it happens, just put the car into neutral and shut off the engine. then work out why its stuck… that way you dont die trying to figure out why your brakes arent working (which is what happened to me the first time it happened…)

Re: RE: Don’t hot rod your Mustangs

[quote=vshayes]lol…

as for him reading it on the news… he could of read it when the info came across the bottom of the screen like it does on cnn[/quote]

Fox news, CNN sucks!!!

[quote=artisan00]well, i dont what to make of that without more details, but i do know that i had something like that happen to me, but it was simple to fix (at least unless it happens again) basically my cruise control cable broke, so it would sometimes wedge itself in between the throttlebody and the brace that runs across the engine compartment. it happened once or twice, but to fix it i just got under the hood, jiggled it out and kept going. ive since reconnected it, lets just hope it stays :smiley:

but either way, if it happens, just put the car into neutral and shut off the engine. then work out why its stuck… that way you dont die trying to figure out why your brakes arent working (which is what happened to me the first time it happened…)[/quote]

Same thing happened to a Grand Am that I owned I just took off the cruise cuz I never use it

Its also the SUV’s that ford makes too.

So just outlaw cruise controll

yea the cruise control can bind… there’s a ton of service bullitons about this subject. i drive my car daily and only get on it 2-3x a day. if i get stuck at WOT, ill see how quick my reflexes are.

:funnah :rofl :rofl :rofl

But its a V6 :dunno Just use your brakes :rofl

:funnah :funnah :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

But its a V6 :dunno Just use your brakes :rofl[/quote]

haha, but for a 6er it is pretty quick. :smiley:

Just playin :smiley:

i read in the new that when you look behind you, its generally best to have the reverse gear selected :smiley:

I did that once. I didn’t hit anything

Things that make you say hmmmmm

more like the things that make you say “doh!” [/homer simpson]

:funnah

But its a V6 :dunno Just use your brakes :rofl[/quote]

actually no, the engine is more than strong enough to over power the brakes…especially at WOT…hehe

(i know this from when it happened to me…i had to run through a light and avoid some cars before i was able to stop.)