Drag Racing

I’m from Jersey, Newark to be more specific… Drag Racing out here is pretty big, and I don’t mean going to the track. I like both American Muscle and Import racing. Don’t take me wrong when I say this but as amazing as the Muscle does I am very impressed with how these people out here are making the amount of power that they do. I’ve seen a 4 cylinder engine, street class run low 8’s. That amount of power is amazing when you look at the displacement of this engine. 2.0 16 Valve. By me the Import market grew at an incredible rate in the past 3 to 4 years.

What do you guys prefer Import our the good old American Muscle?

Well, I drive a 2000 Civic Si…

But I’m also a Mustang enthusiast. Well, to be exact I’m an American Muscle enthusiast in all, but most camaro/TA LS1 owners are pricks. lol

edit: not including you, Intruder. You’re a-ok in my book. :smiley:

I prefer American Muscle

[quote=“TheOriginalJames, post: 319518”]Well, I drive a 2000 Civic Si…

But I’m also a Mustang enthusiast. Well, to be exact I’m an American Muscle enthusiast in all, but most camaro/TA LS1 owners are pricks. lol

edit: not including you, Intruder. You’re a-ok in my book. :D[/quote]

Thank you James, I’m happy to know that I’m ok by your book, and hope more feel the way you do. :smiley:

I don’t make fun or take for granted american muscle. I think it’s amazing the amount of power some guys make out of the amazing cars. But on the other hand these tiny Import motor as small as they are they make a ridiculous amount of power. James is your Si stock or have you modified it at all? I know alot of guys out here running so insane power out of the Famous Si motor.

Me personally I love a nice american car, favorite I would have to say the viper would be my 1st choice, 2nd the Mustang Cobra. Yet I don’t own any of them…:smiley:

I played around for a bit of time out on the race world. I bought a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gsx, DSM. I spent many hours building it and lots of cash out of my pocket. Up until I got married that was my bank account…LMAO…

After I got married I parked my car. I’ll Be honest with you guys that little car was amazing (I still have it, been parked on my driveway for 2 1/2 Years now). I have pleanty of friends out here that make awsome power on both sides.

Here is a short video of two of my friends, The Rx7 has gone faster in the past 3 years, on that video he was still running stock turbos, and the Viper is running a fully built motor by TNT… Enjoy the video guys and girls…

YouTube - JD’s RX7 - RX7 vs VIPER

Please don’t be upset with me for saying that the Import car is impressive.:cool

haha nah it’s ok. I don’t mind Fbody owners for the most part, however I did get banned from f-bodyhideout. They couldn’t deal with someone saying the LS1 wasn’t built by the hand of god, but it is a damn good engine.

My engine is eh… mostly stock.

I have a CAI on it and a header is coming soon… i have a few other things to do to it as well, but for the most part I just mod to let the engine breathe easier. (gas mileage is why I bought the car, not to run 11s with it).

But yeah, there are street legal Si’s running 9s and 10s.

I still like Fbody’s, just Mustangs more.

If you got pics of your car, post em up. If I was at home I’d show you my car.

America, FUCK YEAH!

American V-8, more specifically, a Ford V-8. Nothing has a better exhaust note.

Look, you can take any car, geez a bus for that matter, dump XX amount of money into and make it go fast. So, even though these ricers are making cars that go fast, they sounds like crap and look like crap to boot. Of course, this is just my opinion, but thats the only one that matters :wink:

I will take my '03 Cobra over any car, any day. Sure, there are way better cars out there, but I just love the sound and the amazing amount of torque. No 4 cylinder will outmatch me in terms of torque. Having the front end pulling you down the track is not too much fun either, but lay it down with a rear drive and its a whole different ball game.

Having said that, I always respect what other people drive. There is always someone faster, no matter how fast you make your car. But, you come up to me at a light, hit your blow off for your Naaaws and I’m gonna at least try to put a hurtin on you.