Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk

Ok the sites back up again. Up for good this time. Words cannot describe the frustration I’ve went through since yesterday.

To sum it up, I had all my accounts transferred to the new server yesterday morning. Then, I had trouble getting the domains pointing to the correct server, all the accounts and ftp access and control panels were up on the new server, meanwhile the web addresses were still pointing to the old server.

When I finally think I get it, all the sites shut down. I couldn’t get my joehayes.org nameservers to point to the new server at all. I recently changed registrar for that domain and the new registrar didn’t give me the ability to point my joehayes.org nameservers to the new IP address… the damn control panel wanted a domain nameserver and thats it, it wouldn’t let me specify the IP address.

Long story short, I borrowed someone elses nameserver that was configured to point to the correct server, and changed this info at the registrars. Now the sites are up again. FOoooooooook! At least everything works. Now I can at least sort out my nameserver issues while the F’in sites work. Never again to I want to change servers, next time it will go smooth though, but thats a few years down the road at least now.

Thats good MD :smiley:

Congrats on finally figuring it out, yesterday I was confused :tard whenever MM and offtopicz were the only sites i couldnt open.

:agree i was going through a withdraw

At first I thought I was banned, then I was like nooo I would still be able to view the site… Worried for a little bit. Lol.

I was lucky I posted like a Champion all dayhttp://www.offtopicz.com/forums/images/smiles/award.gif

I’m already past 150 posts for today, pimpin’ ain’t easy :cool

I thought it was just my grandpa’s computer fucking up again :dunno

Re: RE: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawk

:agree :agree :agree

Did you kick him in the nuts since you thought it was his pc?

it may be just me but it’s takeing alot longer for me to log on. :dunno

it is alittle slow right now… Once I got into the forums, it was fine. But the front page was little slow.

by now the sites should be LIGHTNING!

Did you kick him in the nuts since you thought it was his pc?[/quote]

Nah. I kicked myself in the nuts a while ago though when I found out that it was the site, not the PC :rofl :lol Site is going really fast now Joe.

[quote=Homer]it may be just me but it’s takeing alot longer for me to log on. :dunno[/quote]don’t know what you did but logging on is real fast now. :woohoo

You should click the magical box and be signed in all the time.

i am. :lol

maybe it will work at work again