First Steps

What age did your kids, nieces, nephews or even yourself, take their 1st steps.

The reason I’m asking is that my son started walking at 7 months, and I wanted to know if anyone knew of anyone younger than this.

[quote=“alibaba, post: 1087944”]What age did your kids, nieces, nephews or even yourself, take their 1st steps.

The reason I’m asking is that my son started walking at 7 months, and I wanted to know if anyone knew of anyone younger than this.[/quote]

yes it’s possible but they say that it’s not good for his legs…

yes it’s possible but they say that it’s not good for his legs…

well he’s 4 now and doing great,
i was just wondering as I was in total shock when this little guy started walking around, as I had never heard of anyone walking before the age of 1

Mine started taking steps a few weeks before his first birthday but he really didn’t start walking until about two weeks after his birthday. There was a boy at the daycare I used to work at that started around 9 or 10 months.

my first one was 6 months

my second one was 15 months

my third one was 11 months

my fourth one was 13 months

Soleil was 13 months old. 7 months does seem early.

my first one was 6 months

wow that was early

yea he did everything early from cutting teeth crawling walking eating reg food…

And when you’re talking about walking I’m going to assume you mean without using anything to hold onto because my kids were walking along things way before they were walking without something to hold onto.

Michael was 10 months old.
Aiden was a 1 when he walked.

And there are many kids who start before the age of one when it comes to walking.

yeah he was walking alone, he never crawled and just got up on his feet one day and walked across the kitchen, I was totally amazed.
I know of a few people since who have said there kids were 10 or 11 months walking but until now I hadnt heard of anyone walking younger than 7 months.
That said, its the only thing he did early, he wasnt toilet trained until he was 3!!

I’ve always considered walking where they get to the point that when they fall down, they get back up and walk, not start crawling afterward. Dominic started walking behind his pushcart thingy and cruise around 8 or 9 months.

there has been a few kids that I have known to walk before a year… Jacob was about 10 months when he started walking… Austin was furhter along… he didnt crawl until 18 months… but thats because he is autistic.

I’ve always considered walking where they get to the point that when they fall down, they get back up and walk, not start crawling afterward. Dominic started walking behind his pushcart thingy and cruise around 8 or 9 months.

I mean walking alone, unaided.

Working in daycares, you find that people have a variety of definitions as to what is walking. I’ve had several parents assure me that their child walks and sure enough, the child is in the two-step-and-fall category.

Aha, Soleil did that until about 17 months or so, the two steps and then fall on her butt. Maybe even 18 months. I don’t remember precisely. She was a lot older than the other kids in her day care anyway.

My cousin started walking at 5 and a half months… and i started walking at 6 months… i guess it is really possible that they can walk so early.

oh wow that is really early

yup… my fiance started walking at 6 months as well…