For the love of

So I was temping for my dad this week in my old job position as everyone may or may not recall.

I get to work this morning, first one there as usual (besides my dad, since i don’t have a key).

Anyway, we go through all the workorders, get our stuff loaded and head out. Sam decides he needs some breakfast so we stop through the McD’s drivethrough, he gets his food and we’re off. As we’re waiting to make a left turn I see this red Ford Aspire pulling out of BK going left.

She turns before us and is ahead of us. We pull out and we end up getting right up in traffic with her.

I notice that she’s weaving through traffic like she’s in a hurry (although she had time to stop for food…)

As we get through the light at New Haven Avenue (which is always green) and make our way over hte railroad bridge Sam and I are in the left lane and she’s in the right lane. Both are coming up fast on this slow moving pickup/trailer combo in the right lane.

As we’re about 5 feet from this lady’s rear bumper she starts slowly sliding over into our lane… I’m suspicious and Sam is paying full attention. We start gaining on her and just as I’m about to say something like be careful Sam, she fucking SWERVES over. My heart sinks.

Sam slams on the brakes, locks up the tires and slides. He lets off, the van jumps to the right. FUCK… there’s a concrete barrier. He counter steers and the van jerks to the right. As all this is going on she FINALLY saw us as she just about hit us and swerves back over to the far right on the shoulder and slams on the brakes to not hit the truck she was trying to pass.

All the shit in the rear of the van slides up and hits the back of my seat. I’m trying to stay calm and keep shit from flying up at us while he’s trying to steer clear of this cunt.

After everything settles down I turn to sam and tell him nice job. Very good driving countersteering and keeping clear of her and the wall.

She IMMEDIATELY rolls down her windows and starts furiously adjusting her mirror - the moron never looked back to check her blind spot before trying to cut over without warning, or a TURN SIGNAL.

We gain our composure and sam hits the gas to get around and away from her. We notice that she never tried to pass that truck again. She continued slowly behind him so that we could just get the hell away from her.

I really wish people would have to go and retake the driving test every 5 years. A lot of useful and important things can be forgotten after not taking a test for 10-20 years.

Had she tried to make the pass 2 seconds earlier, fine. 2 seconds later. Fine. But she picked the most unoportuned moment to just swerve through traffic without checking her mirrors or physically turning to look at her blind spot.

I ALWAYS check my blind spots. Even though I have a small car, i still have blind spots and I do not want to be responsible for cutting someone off or making them swerve and possibly wrecking.

Honestly, sam did a great job this morning… BUT… I hate his driving style. He speeds. He tailgates. He brakes at the last second in a 4000 lb truck when he’s used to driving a 99 Civic EX. (looks like my car except it’s silver)

Damn thats crazy. I hate blind spots, even though my car is one whole blindspot. Seriously can’t see past the front pillars or the rear pillars.
Glad to hear you guys weren’t hurt bub.

You know… come to think of it. That truck is just bad luck.

when I worked for my dad before Bobby had so many close calls in it.

1. Light turns yellow at Meyer road, one car in front of us decides to stop… even though bobby wasn’t going to. Ends up slamming on the brakes and sliding to the right as the lady decides “oh shit…” and takes off. lol

2. Driving downtown the lights are timed. If you’re coming up behind the tailend of the traffic, the light will change. It did. Bobby stopped. The truck behind us didn’t… Until he tagged the bumper. Scrape damage, didn’t hit that hard.

3. I dunno how many times bobby locked the tires on that thing. They have good tread and all, but for that kind of weight they need more traction. They spin and lock so easily. ABS would also help. The brakes feel so weak like they were designed for a ten speed bike or some shit.

yea i agree wit the retake the driving test… some ppl honestly cant drive… good ur ok tho… oh and sick sig :rock

Re: RE: For the love of…

thanks, and yes it is. Thanks again. lol

The midwest has the worst frickin drivers, I swear.

I would have rolled down my window and ripped that bish a new one. lol.

[quote=slo6banger]The midwest has the worst frickin drivers, I swear.

I would have rolled down my window and ripped that bish a new one. lol.[/quote]

Actually I think I did have my window down which is why I got a good look at her… but I dunno. I was already shaking and felt like I was going to puke when I saw her swerve… I wanted to relax and calm down, yelling and getting worked up wasn’t going to help.

Besides that, I’m a pretty laid back guy as it is.

[quote=2000Si]

Besides that, I’m a pretty laid back guy as it is.[/quote]

I am till something like that happends… I have a 'lil tempah.

[quote=redsMULLT1][quote=2000Si]

Besides that, I’m a pretty laid back guy as it is.[/quote]

I am till something like that happends… I have a 'lil tempah.[/quote]

I cant even imagine that! Seriously?

[quote=Mrs Behavin]
I cant even imagine that! Seriously?[/quote]

Yeah, I can get pretty irate… I raise alot of hell at work. :lol But they can’t fire me because I’m the only dumb bastid that knows how to run the machines I work with! :lol

yo 2000si not to go off topic but whats the difference between a civic ex and a civic SI. i never see civic SI where i live, all i see is the EX model that looks like your car.

rims suspension engine transmission gauges interior.

si came in 3 colors and 3 only.

convertibles rock :rock almost no blind spots when its sunny outside… but when its not sunny days… its suckx… you get this little window in the back, and the thing is just well… makes ya want to put the top down

shit, i would run that bitch of teh road… and jump out the car and say “bitch, now what?.. see what stupid people do on the road… run us smart people off… and then we get pissed, and run you off the road!!!”

:smiley:

[quote=sourlemon2k5]convertibles rock :rock almost no blind spots when its sunny outside… but when its not sunny days… its suckx… you get this little window in the back, and the thing is just well… makes ya want to put the top down

shit, i would run that bitch of teh road… and jump out the car and say “bitch, now what?.. see what stupid people do on the road… run us smart people off… and then we get pissed, and run you off the road!!!”

:D[/quote]

That’s when you become a stupid person.

[quote=2000Si]So I was temping for my dad this week in my old job position as everyone may or may not recall.

I get to work this morning, first one there as usual (besides my dad, since i don’t have a key).

Anyway, we go through all the workorders, get our stuff loaded and head out. Sam decides he needs some breakfast so we stop through the McD’s drivethrough, he gets his food and we’re off. As we’re waiting to make a left turn I see this red Ford Aspire pulling out of BK going left.

She turns before us and is ahead of us. We pull out and we end up getting right up in traffic with her.

I notice that she’s weaving through traffic like she’s in a hurry (although she had time to stop for food…)

As we get through the light at New Haven Avenue (which is always green) and make our way over hte railroad bridge Sam and I are in the left lane and she’s in the right lane. Both are coming up fast on this slow moving pickup/trailer combo in the right lane.

As we’re about 5 feet from this lady’s rear bumper she starts slowly sliding over into our lane… I’m suspicious and Sam is paying full attention. We start gaining on her and just as I’m about to say something like be careful Sam, she fucking SWERVES over. My heart sinks.

Sam slams on the brakes, locks up the tires and slides. He lets off, the van jumps to the right. FUCK… there’s a concrete barrier. He counter steers and the van jerks to the right. As all this is going on she FINALLY saw us as she just about hit us and swerves back over to the far right on the shoulder and slams on the brakes to not hit the truck she was trying to pass.

All the shit in the rear of the van slides up and hits the back of my seat. I’m trying to stay calm and keep shit from flying up at us while he’s trying to steer clear of this cunt.

After everything settles down I turn to sam and tell him nice job. Very good driving countersteering and keeping clear of her and the wall.

She IMMEDIATELY rolls down her windows and starts furiously adjusting her mirror - the moron never looked back to check her blind spot before trying to cut over without warning, or a TURN SIGNAL.

We gain our composure and sam hits the gas to get around and away from her. We notice that she never tried to pass that truck again. She continued slowly behind him so that we could just get the hell away from her.

I really wish people would have to go and retake the driving test every 5 years. A lot of useful and important things can be forgotten after not taking a test for 10-20 years.

Had she tried to make the pass 2 seconds earlier, fine. 2 seconds later. Fine. But she picked the most unoportuned moment to just swerve through traffic without checking her mirrors or physically turning to look at her blind spot.

I ALWAYS check my blind spots. Even though I have a small car, i still have blind spots and I do not want to be responsible for cutting someone off or making them swerve and possibly wrecking.

Honestly, sam did a great job this morning… BUT… I hate his driving style. He speeds. He tailgates. He brakes at the last second in a 4000 lb truck when he’s used to driving a 99 Civic EX. (looks like my car except it’s silver)[/quote]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Was she on a cell phone too?

This happend to me today. But it was a Guy driving a Focus, he cut me off going to the left lane. He didn’t bother signaling cause he had one hand on the wheel and the other with the cell phone up to his ear. I stayed right behind him and we both go into Wawas. I park one car between him. I get out and what do I see? An 03 Roush Mustang. Shaker hood scoop and nice ass rims, but I digress from my story. So I am walking to the door and the guy is watching me from the car because he could see i was a little pissed at him. He never got out of his car. He waited until I was done before he even got out. What a Pussy!

As sson as I saw the Roush I forgot I was even pissed a the guy. The driver of the stang was this prego girl who was about to drop. :blah :blah

[quote=2000Si][quote=sourlemon2k5]convertibles rock :rock almost no blind spots when its sunny outside… but when its not sunny days… its suckx… you get this little window in the back, and the thing is just well… makes ya want to put the top down

:D[/quote]

That’s when you become a stupid person.[/quote]

tell me about it :smiley:

but at least i look :dunno

Nah she wasn’t on a cell phone. I think she was eating at the time.

The miraculous part here is that Sam was also eating and did all his saves with one hand on the steering wheel.

[quote=2000Si]Nah she wasn’t on a cell phone. I think she was eating at the time.

The miraculous part here is that Sam was also eating and did all his saves with one hand on the steering wheel.[/quote]

one hand driving is fun… :gears

For the love of…what? …were you gonna say…GOD?

sanity. good driving. it.

Perhaps one of those?

You’re God, you should know what I meant.