For those of you that are too afraid to try acid

Never had acid tabs, but Gold Tops are in HUGE abundance in my back paddock.

I did my dash with those a Looooong time ago though

I see people out there with torches all the time

I don’t think that’s true. I know that people on LSD can behave much like a schitsophranic does, but I never have heard it’s effects to be so permanent, so fast, in such a serious way.

Actually I did some googling and found a pretty interesting website on the positive and negative aspects of LSD. I don’t know if any of it is true, but interesting none the less. You should check it out, it has the doctor who discovered LSD’s first trip, and how some schizophrenics have been treated from use.

Link: The Psychological Effects of LSD

I think LSD is one of those drugs that no one knows the truth about it either then the scientists who did these expeirements back in the 70’s and the people who use it.

Edit: Reason why I don’t thin that’s true " In a survey of five-thousand individuals who had used LSD a total of twenty-five-thousand times, Cohen (1960) found 1.8 psychotic episodes per thousand ingestions, 1.2 attempted suicides, and 0.4 completed suicides – figures consistent with the those of the general population. Regarding dangers of psychosis in therapeutic uses of LSD, Pahnke et al. (1970) notes:"

[quote=“RecklessTim, post: 1082695”]This is what it’s like…

[vbtube]6LG39Wp7OzQ[/vbtube]

:24: except you can’t turn it off[/quote]
i wonder if my brain would explode if i watched a video of an acid trip while on an acid trip…?:24::willy_nilly:

Hahah. This is something I may have to try.

[quote=“AbriannaPeto, post: 1082716”]I don’t think that’s true. I know that people on LSD can behave much like a schitsophranic does, but I never have heard it’s effects to be so permanent, so fast, in such a serious way.

Actually I did some googling and found a pretty interesting website on the positive and negative aspects of LSD. I don’t know if any of it is true, but interesting none the less. You should check it out, it has the doctor who discovered LSD’s first trip, and how some schizophrenics have been treated from use.

Link: The Psychological Effects of LSD

I think LSD is one of those drugs that no one knows the truth about it either then the scientists who did these expeirements back in the 70’s and the people who use it.

Edit: Reason why I don’t thin that’s true " In a survey of five-thousand individuals who had used LSD a total of twenty-five-thousand times, Cohen (1960) found 1.8 psychotic episodes per thousand ingestions, 1.2 attempted suicides, and 0.4 completed suicides – figures consistent with the those of the general population. Regarding dangers of psychosis in therapeutic uses of LSD, Pahnke et al. (1970) notes:"[/quote]
:thumbup cool i’ll check that out…i heard that information back in the eighties…so my knowledge is from text books written back then so i am sure it was probably more to do with scaring us out of using it…it worked. i don’t ever want to try it…say no drugs mmkay.:smiley:

I too dont think its true that you become a psychologically sick on a permanent basis.

Another thing that sort of boggles me is how people often claim that they get flashbacks or that things can kick off flashbacks… In all the years i stuffed my body with that stuff… I only have had one single flashback. and it caught me off guard and freaked the shit out of me because it came out of nowhere.

Never tried it, never interested in trying it

[quote=“teh_fuzz, post: 1082720”]I too dont think its true that you become a psychologically sick on a permanent basis.

Another thing that sort of boggles me is how people often claim that they get flashbacks or that things can kick off flashbacks… In all the years i stuffed my body with that stuff… I only have had one single flashback. and it caught me off guard and freaked the shit out of me because it came out of nowhere.[/quote]

You can get permanent LSD Psycosis. But only if you use it chronically and have a family history of psycological disorders. It’s like a 1 in 1’000 chance though

Well, now I don’t have to! :wink: Actually, I never really had an interest in it.

Though that video was very well done!! Very cool!

Did the same sources you used on Global Warming give you those statistics as well?

:24::ninja

Had many chances to drop it but was way too afraid. The funky mushrooms buttons were enough for me.

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1082724”]Did the same sources you used on Global Warming give you those statistics as well?

:24::ninja[/quote]

STFU about global warming. You really have no idea what your talking about. If you did an ounce of research you would understand how wrong you are.

:24::24:

Wow you are touchy:24::24:

Wow you are touchy:24::24:[/quote]

If your going to ridicule me all the time and still refuse to actually listen to a word I’m saying, I’m going to get angry at you. DROP IT. Or listen to me. Your choice, but I am sick of it. It’s incredibly childish behavior.

Frankly…I think you take yourself way too serious. And as a life lesson, it’s impossible for someone to push a button you don’t show them;)

I meant no harm. But just because someone doesn’t agree with you, doesn’t mean they aren’t intelligent, well researched or well educated.

Just for future reference:)

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1082729”]Frankly…I think you take yourself way too serious. And as a life lesson, it’s impossible for someone to push a button you don’t show them;)

I meant no harm. But just because someone doesn’t agree with you, doesn’t mean they aren’t intelligent, well researched or well educated.

Just for future reference:)[/quote]

I take global warming seriously. You don’t. and your have shown yourself to be close-minded by refusing to listen to me at all.

I didn’t say you were unintelligent. I said you haven’t done real research in global warming and you refuse to consider the other side.

Now I know your going to say ‘you are to you haven’t considered the skeptic side’ but i have. When I started project polar bear, I wasn’t sure if global warming was real a couple weeks into it. But, i’ve done my research, i’ve listened to the real experts, and I know that with the current information avalable I have the right answer.

You on the other hand haven’t looked at the toherside. I know this because not once did you listen to a word I was saying.

You started this argument, and I am ending it. I said DROP IT. Since you are obviously not capable of listening to me.

[quote=“AbriannaPeto, post: 1082730”]I take global warming seriously. You don’t. and your have shown yourself to be close-minded by refusing to listen to me at all.

I didn’t say you were unintelligent. I said you haven’t done real research in global warming and you refuse to consider the other side.

Now I know your going to say ‘you are to you haven’t considered the skeptic side’ but i have. When I started project polar bear, I wasn’t sure if global warming was real a couple weeks into it. But, i’ve done my research, i’ve listened to the real experts, and I know that with the current information avalable I have the right answer.

You on the other hand haven’t looked at the toherside. I know this because not once did you listen to a word I was saying.

You started this argument, and I am ending it. I said DROP IT. Since you are obviously not capable of listening to me.[/quote]

Don’t feel bad junior…I don’t listen to my wife either:p

Regardless of agree or not, we know CO2 is potentially dangerous at high levels. And regardless of our differences, one of my objectives this year is to put together, and supervise a panel of engineers to start putting a CO2 reduction for our facilities in place.

You’ll learn eventually in life, that most people don’t care what you believe, they care about what you do, and results.

As always, a pleasure chatting:D

I’m pretty certain that statistic isn’t going to hold up anywhere outside of these forums, but that’s okay. :slight_smile:

ahh, memories.

[quote=“AbriannaPeto, post: 1082716”]

Edit: Reason why I don’t thin that’s true " In a survey of five-thousand individuals who had used LSD a total of twenty-five-thousand times, Cohen (1960) found 1.8 psychotic episodes per thousand ingestions, 1.2 attempted suicides, and 0.4 completed suicides – figures consistent with the those of the general population. Regarding dangers of psychosis in therapeutic uses of LSD, Pahnke et al. (1970) notes:"[/quote]

Good read. Thanks for the link. :slight_smile:

[quote=“RecklessTim, post: 1082695”]This is what it’s like…

[vbtube]6LG39Wp7OzQ[/vbtube]

:24: except you can’t turn it off[/quote]Man, I never had any that made me see things like that. The stuff I had made laugh almost till my ribs split & lose track of time.