For those that are

Happy Farthers Day.

happy fathers day dad

Happy Daddy’s Day!

My dad is mad at me for getting him a gift. :tard :smiley:

Happy Fart… hers Day? I feel sorry for your mom Bacon. :dunno

Happy Fathers day Homer!!!
I’m a happy Dad too, so you and I ROCK Homie! :smiley:

http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/TY.gif crowd yells SPEECH …Oh no, I don’t have anything prepared…I’m not going to give a speech, sorry blush

…Well it was 23 years ago last May that me and my then, “hot looking” wife decided to have a baby. I never really thought much about it until one day Jackie said, Chris, I feel kinda funneh and I have a feeling I’m not just getting fat from your AWESOME cooking. Then all of a sudden I heard a splash, so I looked over at Jackie and she had a very peculiar look on her face and she was standing in a puddle of H20. So I said, please tell me you were smuggling a water banooon between your legs and it popped. She looked down, then back up at me and shook her head no with a now worried look. Well, I’m a calm person, so I handled the new situation that stood before me with maturity and and restraint.
So anyway, I started screaming and ran towards the door and started PUSHING on it to get out but the door wouldn’t open, so I start screaming, “THE FUGGER WON"T OPEN!!!” then my panicking out of control wife slowly walks over and calmly turned the door knob and PULLED the door open. I ran out of the now open door and ran to my car in the driveway while riffling through my pockets for my keys and to save time, I bashed the drivers side window in with my fist and dove in and started honking the horn and yelling to Jackie, “DON’T WORRY HONEY, I HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER PERFECT CONTROL” .
By this time Jackie was in complete hysteria, so it’s a good thing I was so calm. So anyway she comes walking out to the car with her suitcase in one hand and my pants in the other with a very frightened and concerned look on her face like this >> http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/rolleyes2.gif so being the voice of reason at this point I calmly and quietly said, F**K IN IN THE GETTING CAR! :tard …then I put the car in in reverse, turned back and looked over my shoulder and proceeded through my garage door.
So anyway, as Jackie is driving me to the hospital, I blacked out a few times and when we get there, a nurse brings out a wheel chair, so I get in it and calmly say, HURRY, MY WIFE HAS A LEAK IN HER GIRL THINGY!!, SAVE HER!!! …fade to black
Well, long story short, about eleventy thousand hours later, my wife is seconds away from having our first baby, so it was about that time I said to Jackie, “Hey hun, let’s have a baby”. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Well, from that day until this very second seems like a blur, but I will say, I distinctively remember most of it has been great.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD’S http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/394b47b6954e62a64f0415cd7f7a1b8f.gif

hahahaha Booze That was great. take a bow.

:rofl :rofl

Re: RE: for those that are

[quote=HOTRODSnBOOZE]Happy Fathers day Homer!!!
I’m a happy Dad too, so you and I ROCK Homie! :smiley:

http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/TY.gif crowd yells SPEECH …Oh no, I don’t have anything prepared…I’m not going to give a speech, sorry blush

…Well it was 23 years ago last May that me and my then, “hot looking” wife decided to have a baby. I never really thought much about it until one day Jackie said, Chris, I feel kinda funneh and I have a feeling I’m not just getting fat from your AWESOME cooking. Then all of a sudden I heard a splash, so I looked over at Jackie and she had a very peculiar look on her face and she was standing in a puddle of H20. So I said, please tell me you were smuggling a water banooon between your legs and it popped. She looked down, then back up at me and shook her head no with a now worried look. Well, I’m a calm person, so I handled the new situation that stood before me with maturity and and restraint.
So anyway, I started screaming and ran towards the door and started PUSHING on it to get out but the door wouldn’t open, so I start screaming, “THE FUGGER WON"T OPEN!!!” then my panicking out of control wife slowly walks over and calmly turned the door knob and PULLED the door open. I ran out of the now open door and ran to my car in the driveway while riffling through my pockets for my keys and to save time, I bashed the drivers side window in with my fist and dove in and started honking the horn and yelling to Jackie, “DON’T WORRY HONEY, I HAVE EVERYTHING UNDER PERFECT CONTROL” .
By this time Jackie was in complete hysteria, so it’s a good thing I was so calm. So anyway she comes walking out to the car with her suitcase in one hand and my pants in the other with a very frightened and concerned look on her face like this >> http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/rolleyes2.gif so being the voice of reason at this point I calmly and quietly said, F**K IN IN THE GETTING CAR! :tard …then I put the car in in reverse, turned back and looked over my shoulder and proceeded through my garage door.
So anyway, as Jackie is driving me to the hospital, I blacked out a few times and when we get there, a nurse brings out a wheel chair, so I get in it and calmly say, HURRY, MY WIFE HAS A LEAK IN HER GIRL THINGY!!, SAVE HER!!! …fade to black
Well, long story short, about eleventy thousand hours later, my wife is seconds away from having our first baby, so it was about that time I said to Jackie, “Hey hun, let’s have a baby”. [sm=smiley5.gif]

Well, from that day until this very second seems like a blur, but I will say, I distinctively remember most of it has been great.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD’S http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/394b47b6954e62a64f0415cd7f7a1b8f.gif[/quote]

um family guy was on, and so i didnt really read that ^^

haha Booze that post will always be a classic.

so being the voice of reason at this point I calmly and quietly said, F**K IN IN THE GETTING CAR!

:rofl :rofl :rofl I dunno, I never met you and I can picture you doing that. fuck in in the getting car! :lol

I’m glad you got it Jimbo. :lol

dyslexia helps me catch many a things. :smiley:

Well, I hope all you Daddys had a good day! :smiley:

I know I did, thanks sweety pie. :hug

I dunno if it’s a coincidence or not… but today was fathers day and I heard from my mom that my dad was actually asking my brother if he should ask to have me come back and work for him again. I called him Friday to let him know everything that was going on with both of my jobs just so he was aware of what was going on, and it actually got him thinking. The thing of it is though, I don’t want to go and ask him… I want him to come to me with the option because in my eyes if I go and ask him to come back it makes me feel like I’m putting myself down going back to him.

Well James, now I want to hear the whole story. What kind of biz does your Dad have, why you left. I won’t question your pride though, I’m hard headed myself. :smiley:

He was with Verizon for 21 years, they decided to try to fire him… realized they couldn’t so he threw it back in their faces and quit. That was in 93? (I was 11). So in May 94 he started his own telephone business out of the basement of our house.

He had him and one employee when he started, two years later he moved into an office and had hired two techs and my brother.

Two years later he moved into the location he’s at now downtown and has 5? techs, and two office personnel.

After I graduated high school I had quit Arby’s in November after I started at Meijer, well I decided that I didn’t want to stock groceries forever so I started working for him in December of 01, quitting meijer shortly there after to go to college for DOS programming and Networking.

All went well for two years, almost to the day until one night my dad got pissed because I waited to long to go do the dishes and the cat had gotten into the steak… well that was the final straw for him. That was the first time I’d ever been spit on by him yelling, and the first time I had ever yelled back. It turned into me restraining myself from hitting him, so I hit the frige. Fuck… that was a mistake. He tried to choke me until my mom grabbed him.

But anyway, somehow me not doing the dishes turned into me not making him any money. I could have sworn I worked my ass off for him, which he has even told people I did. I did the job, and I followed directions to the best of my ability. The thing of it was though is that people condescend to me constantly and I usually sit back and take it. Well, I figured if that’s the way he felt then I shouldn’t work there anymore. So I didn’t go to work the next day. Three weeks later I was delivering pizzas at EOC, which just closed. fuckers.

Anyway, basically he felt I should have been like my brother. The guy who knows everything about anything electronic. I should know my way around every operating system and I should know every single command in a WIN digital telephone system (there’s upwards of about 1000 commands within the programming directory). I wasn’t living up to his “Jeremy” expectations so that was that.

Sounds like he was having a bad day and caught you while you were having one too. :dunno But I dont know your family either. Ive gone trough som real knock downs with my family and thats always been the case. We’re usually able to forgive and forget within a short time.

well see the thing is, my family gets along really really well. I love going over for jokes and food on the weekends when they have us over.

But when I hit the fridge I think I broke my pinky, and seeing as how I no longer had a job or insurance I let it heal on it’s own. My dad knew I had hit it hard, but never really took the time to concern himself with it. Granted I never told him it hurt to him, but I know I told my mom and my mom tells him everything as well.

I dunno… there’s some things my dad has done to me that I can’t forgive him for. We have probably one thing in common; we have no idea how to talk to each other.

Wow, I can relate 100% It’s hard having a family biz and living together. The best thing that ever happened was my older son getting his own condo. I hated seeing him go, but it was time for him and he is really happy he did. When you live together you bring work home and that sux for everyone. My youngest still lives here at home, but I don’t want him to ever feel I’m treating him bad. I try to make it clear that my older son has more experience and that’s why he is a manager. But I also like to make sure he knows he can move up to management too. But it get’s pretty loud here too sometimes. We finally made a rule, no biz talk after biz hours and holidays. It works great.

Re: RE: for those that are

[quote=2000Si]well see the thing is, my family gets along really really well. I love going over for jokes and food on the weekends when they have us over.

But when I hit the fridge I think I broke my pinky, and seeing as how I no longer had a job or insurance I let it heal on it’s own. My dad knew I had hit it hard, but never really took the time to concern himself with it. Granted I never told him it hurt to him, but I know I told my mom and my mom tells him everything as well.

I dunno… there’s some things my dad has done to me that I can’t forgive him for. We have probably one thing in common; we have no idea how to talk to each other.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me, only I broke my right hand so bad it needed surgery with pins and shit to fix it. I did it on a Friday night cuz I wanted to go out and he had his reasons for me not to go and I didnt come home until Monday morning. Now Ive got a HUGE scar on my right hand and a mild case of arthritus to remember the occasion by.

Thinking about it now, I’m considering it… but I doubt I’d get hte money I need to survive now that I have a car payment/ins, rent, electric and all the rest of my bills.

I had two reasons I hated working there. One was working under my brother. He’s basically 2nd in command. He would run the place if my dad goes on vacation. The second was my dad knowing the money I made. I hated that, it made me feel that he was in control of me in more than one way. I think I’d hate it even more now that I’m on my own and I support myself, but the odd thing is is that my brother does that very thing and doesn’t care.

On that token, my brother knows he has respect and control, where as I’d be the underdog yet again.