Gas Tips?

Does anyone know how I can save $$$$ on gas for my 4-wheeler? I usually spend $10-$20, sometimes $5. It lasts for only about a week or 2 and then it’s gone. Also, do gas stations sell Weed-Eater Gas???

What do you useyour ATV for? only thing i can really think of keep the rpms real low espically if you have a manual

And i dont belive gas stations sell gas that is compatible with weed eaters (at least tedhy dont in minnesota)

weedeater gas is mixed gas. Typically people mix it themselves. As far as saving gas for your 4-wheeler, good luck with that. 4-wheelers are typically run wide open(atleast for me), so I can’t see “keeping the RPM’s” down as a solution. Umm, i guess ride it less? Make sure its tuned up, clean the air filter.

Re: RE: Gas Tips?

Yep only way to keep an ATVs rpms down are to keep them off of wide open throttle, which is the usual pace if driving on roads,

yeah i think you mean you want 2 cycle oil if your referring to gas for a weed wacker. you mix it in with your gas.

Well I know for the 4-wheeler, if the gas is mixed iwth oil it’ll fuck it up. But I don’t know shit about mixing gas so I don’t wanna hurt myself or the weed eater.

Is the four wheeler a two stroke or a four stroke?

Weed eaters have 2 stroke engines, so you have to mix the gas. You need 2 cycle engine oil to mix with gas. Ask someone at your local hardware store, or in that area of walmart (ppl at walmart MIGHT know, they are pretty stupid) how much oil you mix to a certain amount of gas.

:dunno

When we had our quads $5 in gas wouldn’t last the weekend??? Well, that’s when we were camping at Haspin riding 24 hrs a day all weekend long. We’d fill them up on the way, and use about a 5 gal gas can over the weekend for 2 quads. But we’d run them from the early morning till the wee hours of the morning. I guess that gas can would last when we were at home putting around here and there.

Get a 4-stroke…then you wont have to worry about mixing gas!!! And they are actually better on gas than 2-strokes. You can let them idle a lot easier than 2-strokes.

[quote=MrAWatts]Is the four wheeler a two stroke or a four stroke?

Weed eaters have 2 stroke engines, so you have to mix the gas. You need 2 cycle engine oil to mix with gas. Ask someone at your local hardware store, or in that area of walmart (ppl at walmart MIGHT know, they are pretty stupid) how much oil you mix to a certain amount of gas.[/quote]

ATV is 4 stroke.

Gotcha :cool

4-strokes use regular gas…the same kind you put in your car. Dont put oil in that quad’s gas tank!!!

I KNOW HOW TO FILL A 4-WHEELER! Gosh I’m not :tard I just needed to know how to save gas and what to use for a Weed Eater.

use it less… play some vid games :booze

and i think weed eaters use regular gas mixed with some oil you can get at lowes or home depot or some place as such as they… :dunno

Oh, wow, I’m sorry! I didn’t read every word exactly…and I thought you were asking how to mix oil FOR you 4-wheeler. Didn’t you ask if gas stations SELL 4-wheeler gas???

Duh they do! 4 wheelers take REGULAR gas. I asked if gas stations sold Weed Eater gas. Gosh, read my original post.

Not 2 stroke four wheelers like Banshees.

I have a 4-stroke Kawasaki Lakota Sport and it takes REGULAR gas. From a gas station. Labled “Regular”

You should use premium.

Explain.