Getting married

I’ll be getting married a week from today. Nothing big, just a quickie court deal so Uncle Sam will pay me more (not the only reason, but it is a good one). I didn’t realize it was so damn expensive at the court $93.50 for the license, $30.00 more to have the ceremony there…damn!

Wow dude congrats! How long have you known each other, how did you meet?

:cheer

Re: RE: Getting married…

[quote=mdvaldosta]Wow dude congrats! How long have you known each other, how did you meet?

:cheer[/quote]

haha, funny/fairly long story, here goes: We met 8 or 9 years ago in 7th grade. We were real good friends til after 10th grade and I had to move 4 hours south. We fell out of touch, then I went to bootcamp. My mom got into my email and sent a message to everyone in my address book to write me, and she did. We talked about 3 times in the next year, then when I was in Japan we started emailing/IM’ing constantly. I stopped to see her for a few days on my way to VA, and now I make the 10 hr drive down at least once a month. We’ve been engaged for 2 months or so and have decided why wait to get married.

congrats…good luck to ya

cool man, I’m not getting married any time soon…

Congrats Man… I’m thinking about asking the question to my girlfriend before long

Not till they legalize it huh?

:rofl :rofl :funnah :funnah :rofl :rofl :funnah :funnah :funnah oh man

Congrats man! thats awsome

Well i’ve been with my girl for about 4 years and 4 months. I’m 21 and shes 20. It’s still going strong so we’ll see what happens in the future. :smiley:

congrates yall. and hurtgen, you know they legalized ghey marriage in the UK this past week :gay

yep I know that

congratulations!!

congrats and good luck

whoa man, expensive?.. hehe - you konw how much renting an actual reception hall costs? id say thats a sweet price for a wedding :smiley:

eh, just go to canada :dunno

Marriage is nothing to me, which is why I’m getting married in a few weeks for that exact reason- More money. I’ve known the guy for 4 months, and we’re like best friends already, but we’re only getting married to help each other out financially, and so that I can get the awesome military benefits. Luckily, we were both going to Ft. Hood in March anyway, so we’re just getting a 2 bedroom house there, and living like roommates. It will be a very open marriage, and we will be dating other people, but it’s nice to know someone who thinks the same way I do about the whole ordeal.

now wheres ft hood? :smiley:

:gay

Central Texas. About an hour north of Austin, and about 2 hours south of DFW. Never lived in a place so big, so I’m excited.

Marriage is nothing to me, which is why I’m getting married in a few weeks for that exact reason- More money. I’ve known the guy for 4 months, and we’re like best friends already, but we’re only getting married to help each other out financially, and so that I can get the awesome military benefits. Luckily, we were both going to Ft. Hood in March anyway, so we’re just getting a 2 bedroom house there, and living like roommates. It will be a very open marriage, and we will be dating other people, but it’s nice to know someone who thinks the same way I do about the whole ordeal.[/quote]

Haha, yeah. She lives in FL and I’m stationed in VA, so driving down every month is getting damn expensive. Plus this way when I get out (July 07) and we start living together, we can have a little bit saved up, which wouldn’t happen at the rate we’re going right now. We know we would get married then anyway, so why wait?

Congratulations and lots of happiness for you both :slight_smile:

Don’t give a damn about money, it’s replacable. The joy on your bride’s face the day of the wedding is well worth it.