Good God

I added up all the lines I picked today and it came out to 1144 lines.

Christ, and I thought I was moving rather slowly today.

Rock on though, I actually got 8 hours today.

Anyway, this has some sort of point to it…

I want to know what you guys do for a living and what someone like myself with minimal college (don’t remember any of it though) can get into for something 9.50+ an hour.

I need to make at least 1400 a month net to get my ass out of debt.

:dunno

thanks for no help at all. :booze

edit: seriously guys, I need some help with this. I’m tired of working my ass off and not getting any hours or money to show for it. I’m tired of living wondering if my check is going to cover my expenses.

I can’t start school with the chance that my student loan won’t pay off my expnenses so I can afford it.

I dont have any college and I just got promoted after 7 years. I’m a supervisor now and I make $14.00/hour plus anywhere from 20-40 hours of overtime / pay period at $21.00/hour. Its pretty good money. Im usually able to bring home 1200-1400 every 2 weeks.

I’d look into construction or some sort of skilled labor like that. Generally those jobs pay decent to pretty well, especially if you start early. Also, they don’t usually require any major schooling to do. Another benifit is lots of quality company’s offer intern type training programs to become supervisors and what-not for the ‘smarter’ people in the business, not to mention some offer good benifits. Also look into city/state work, great benifits there. BTW, the jobs i mentioned all are manual labor work… except for govt work, we all know what those guys do… hahah jk, bossman you are a govt worker aren’t you? :smiley:

My only tiff with going back into something that is hard physical labor is that I pulled a muscle back in march. I had 3 jobs at the time and apparently couldn’t deal with working 70-80 hours a week.

I’m just trying to get one job going that is a good 40 hour a week job, I’m sure I can deal with physical labor but it has to be worth my time pay wise.

Re: RE: Good God…

[quote=2000Si]thanks for no help at all. :booze

edit: seriously guys, I need some help with this. I’m tired of working my ass off and not getting any hours or money to show for it. I’m tired of living wondering if my check is going to cover my expenses.

I can’t start school with the chance that my student loan won’t pay off my expnenses so I can afford it.[/quote]

Easy, take the same road I’m taking. Your online alot right? You must like computers.

My uncle has always had a passion for computers, and 20 years ago he decided his job he had wasn’t doing it for him. So he went to a bookstore and bought a book on HTML and learned web design from there. These days he drives an 03 Vette and an 03 Porsche Boxster with a monstrous house. It’s great money, and it’s easy. He said he has done $300,000 websites before for big companies, but most sites you make for small businesses and whatnot will yield a minimum of about $7000 for the initial website and then every so often when you update they fork over more money. You can bring in tons every month if you make a portfolio showcasing your skills and get out there and find business.

That’s what I am doing. I am currently in the process of learning how to do everything. Working from home is something I will enjoy.

Construction is good if you hang in there. My grandpa started out working in construction, and these days he is the CEO of Miller/Watts construction Co.

The website is MillerWatts.com I think, something along those lines.

He was formerly the president of Dick Pacific, another construction place. His main office is in Hawaii, I have been down there in Honolulu and it doesn’t get any better than that.

Yeah I’m on the computer a lot, but I get headaches easily when actually doing work on them.

I was actually in college for DOS and networking when I worked for my dad, but i saw what it dealt with and really didn’t enjoy it.

Does anyone have any experience on how to get hired into say a dealership and have them pay for your auto tech training? that’s what I really, truely want to do… but need a job to get me there first.

Casper isn’t on this site is he?

teh Military. http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/usaflag.gif http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/terminator.gif

Be a pimp, or sell fake ID’s like I do (I like to call them “novelty ID’s” to escape the police) I charge $150 a pop, they cost me $60 and I sell about 10 a week, so I pull in good money. The best part is, I’m a middle man, so I never have any incriminating evidence, AND I don’t market them as fake ID’s I tell people “Yes they pass the bend test, black light test, they scan, have all proper holograms and marking, but they are for novelty purposes only.” LOL It’s easy as pie! This is my last week of it though, then comes manual labor all summer!

You ever seen Full metal jacket? yeah… I’d be the psycho sittin on the toilet with an M16 in my hand.

:funnah

Seriously though. The military ain’t that bad. I make $40,000+ a year for sitting on my ass and telling ODIS and Favilicious what to do. Course, I’ve been in for 10 years now. So 10 more and I get to retire at the age of 40 and will get a nice pension for the rest of my life. Yes, please!

Teh Military is the way to go. I make good bank. Teh best part is when you work for pushover fags like Rusty here who think they have pull. :rofl http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=157

I hate you Odis.

military officer…they make good money…

:funnah Actually, yeah, I work for the city and I just took over the 2p-10p shift. Its gravy. It rained some last night so we didnt have any calls so ince I wasnt doing anything I went to the shop and got paid for working on derby cars all night. :smiley: Ive got in 7 years next month and I will be able to retire with full benifits after 28 years, which will make me 48, but I will most likely stay untill Im 55 and build up some better retirement. :rock

Yeah, that’s one good idea! You can always just go reserve and still get a nice enlistment bonus. My boyfriend is getting like $10k and also being paid while he’s in BCT and training.

Or, you can do construction or even a hospital job. Many hospitals need receptionists, people to prep for surgery, patient transport… etc. Any job in a hospital pays well. You can make $10/hr for hardly doing anything. That’s what I’m looking into because my job isn’t cuttin it.

Ok what part of crazy psycho did you guys not understand? lol

Military is just NOT me. I don’t care what the money is.