Good reason NOT to buy you 16 year old a GT!

She died on friday night. Her boyfriend was at the wheel doing over 120 mph on a 2 lane backroad. They got light when they topped a hill and lost control then slammed in to a tree on the passenger side. The wrecker stalled out 3 times trying to pull the car off the tree and they HAD to pull the car first to get her out. The boyfriend is in stable condition and in a regular room. she got the GT when she turned 16 and her parents had just bought her a new 4-Runner to get her out of it because they were scared she would get hurt. Dont know why she was still driving the Stang. I always thought I was gonna be the “cool dad” and get my kids awesome rides when they were old enough to drive but this was an EYE OPENER.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-026.gif

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Wb761890811.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Zu640559852.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Nl304569989.jpg

God damn… A tree at 120 will do that. The kids an idiot, shit 120 on a freeway with no cars for 5 seconds is scary enough. Bossman make them buy there own… theres more respect for it.

Oh yeah… the fact that the driver survived is completely unbelievable. :dunno

No doubt their gonna work for thier cars. The thing is, Ive got a 65 nova that I was gonna build for my daughter, an IROC that I was gonna build for the other daughter and was thinking of passing the stang to mah son. I always knew the temptation to drive stupid would be there, but this girl wasnt even at the wheel. If you read the obit, She was a very smart girl and had a lot going on. And youre right, I think if that were my daughter i would go down to the hospital and finish him off. Hes gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life now. I think I would be suicidal if it were me and I lived.

On another note, Anyone who says road racing is ok on a back road where there are no cars around needs a swift kick in the ass!! This happened on a backroad with only one other car around and the driver killed his passenger!

yea, my parents are divorced and the agreement was that my dad would pitch in 2000 my mom would do the same and that would be my car. id have to pay for the insurance and gas though. the reason they would buy me a car is b/c they both work and it would enable me to work. i got my job and pitched in an extra 1300 to make a total of 5300 to pay for my car. i pay insurance and gas… anyway, i have so much more pride in my car b/c i pay for it, its maintainance, and do the work myself. i would never go 120 on a backroad with hills :wtf i think that when i have kids, ill put a small chunk of money in to help them pay for their cars so they can work for the insurance and gas. this way, they ownt be spoiled smartass kids and they will respect me, themselves, their cars, and hopefully others on the roadways.

That is aweful!! I hope that dude gets charges w/ vehicular manslaughter!! He knew better than speeding like that!!

I drove by to see the spot where they had the wreck today and he shouldnt have even been driving 55 there. The limit is 45 and that is tops for the area. I’ll see if I can get back by there tomorrow while Ive got my camera and get some pics.

some kids are stupid. i dont get it. is driving insanely fast and unsafe for not only yourself but other traffic too supposed to impress somebody? it is sad that the girl was killed, but damn- what were they thinking. her “boyfirend” should really be charged like V said. he needs to learn that doing stupid sh!t like that isnt cool or impressive. i use my common sense to not nearly triple the speed limit. the speed limit is set for a reason- safety.

That really sux, but it won’t stop me from street racing on back roads. I think he was dumb for having a passenger while doing that, he should do it by himself if he does it, and only risk his own life. Why you let anybody else drive your car anyway??

That’s truley horrendus.

I don’t think the kid needs to be charged with anything. We’ve all been stupid, and he’s going to have to live with his punishment for the rest of his hopefully long life.

My heart goes out to them, it really does. I’ve done far dumber stuff and lived.

*I wish there were a sad emoticon… : (

They were 16. Nobody knows better at sixteen. That’s why I’m so happy you and Joe are motor head perants at a young age. You’ll teach your boys right. I’m sure if you ask Joe, there might be a time or two he’s surprised he’s alive. I went through the street bike/rice rocket faze. And I have been in a few accidents. I broke my collar bone in one of them. In all my years of racing motocross and desert, I never broke shizz, but the street hurts.
That poor girl!! I’m tearing up…sorry.

*I wish there were a sad emoticon… : (

nobody to blame but that boy. i wouldn’t use this as a reason to stop your children from having a hotrod, but i would make fucking sure that they had respect for their cars and more importantly themselves and other people on the road. and for christ’s sake, if you’re gonna go 120, make sure you know the damn road well enough to forsee problems like that.

nothing really more to add, you guys all said it well already -

one thing that makes it even worse in my eyes, is that it was a convertible…120 in a coupe is unsafe as it is… but a vert? :dunno

[quote=Bossman351]She died on friday night. Her boyfriend was at the wheel doing over 120 mph on a 2 lane backroad. They got light when they topped a hill and lost control then slammed in to a tree on the passenger side. The wrecker stalled out 3 times trying to pull the car off the tree and they HAD to pull the car first to get her out. The boyfriend is in stable condition and in a regular room. she got the GT when she turned 16 and her parents had just bought her a new 4-Runner to get her out of it because they were scared she would get hurt. Dont know why she was still driving the Stang. I always thought I was gonna be the “cool dad” and get my kids awesome rides when they were old enough to drive but this was an EYE OPENER.http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-026.gif

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Wb761890811.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Zu640559852.jpg

http://www.mustangforums.com/upfiles/4860/asppg_Nl304569989.jpg[/quote]

The reason I have the Blue vert. GT. is because of my daughter’s fugging boyfreinds. I took it away from her. The first boyfreind was an idiot. But she let him borrow the car one night when she was at work. He and a friend drove it around and ran into log or a something because he crunched in the front end on the driver side. What happend to him is not relevant. A few months later I saw them (another boyfiend) in the car down by the beach. I was walking on the sidewalk with my wife just enjoying the sights. He was driving it which is fine, but as they turned right leaving the strip he gunned it and smoked the tires around the corner ( did I mention he is an idiot too) . I had my cell phone and called her on hers. Thats why I took the GT away from my daughter.
Now I had another mustang at the time and considerd selling the 89. But I made more money selling the 1998 GT.

good idea of taking it from her. I dont know why chicks always let their men drive their cars. I cant stand for someone to drive my car when I am in it.

lack of respect… its not a tank ffs… and now that
kid has to live with it…

I printed this and am showing it to Nurse and her daughter. I want them to see why I will not let her 16 year old daughter drive my Mustang GT. She has had two accidents since she got her license in two months one in our Probe and the other in her dads Jeep at least shes still alive. I lost my little sister in a car wreck! My heart goes out to Emily and her family. I wish them peace. If I could get my hands on the driver I would kill the fuckin idiot…

Hey Red, I hope it made an impression on them. BTW, have you shown it to them yet? If so what was their reaction. Im just curios what was said from the 16 year olds point of view. I know every time someone told me something like that as a teenager I always thought " yeah right, Im more careful than that. It wont happen to me"

I feel sorry for her family >>>>>> But i dont understand why thay put that kinda power in the hands of some one so IMmature ??? Its crazy ??? I took care of lady for almost 6 months that was involved in a head on ///// With some drag racers at 11 at night and her and her B/F were on there way home from CHurch /////// the kid in the car that hit them was killed the other car just drove off //// and her and her B/F are both in Wheel chairs for the rest of there life //////////// SO i dont agree thats like putting a gun in a CHilds hand and expecting them to know how to us it :wtf