Have you ever been?

Well, you have to understand that sucking is the only natural instinct man is born with.

We know from birth: “Suck everything until you find something that feeds us. Then never give it up.”

Kinda explains our fascination with bewbs… it was the first source of comfort we’ve ever known. :smiley:

Oh that’s not good.

Liam has bruised me in his half assed feeding. Boy oh boy that fucking hurts… I couldn’t even pump for a whole day.

When I fed him in the hospital he did it perfectly… and for a few days at home then when I went back to the hospital he didn’t do it right after I came home.

[quote=“USF Sam, post: 1086921”]Well, you have to understand that sucking is the only natural instinct man is born with.

We know from birth: “Suck everything until you find something that feeds us. Then never give it up.”

Kinda explains our fascination with bewbs… it was the first source of comfort we’ve ever known. :D[/quote]

Figures you would come up with that :p… :willy_nilly:

keep trying. it took addie awhile to get it right and she was about 2 months old before she just attached and did it correctly! suck when they bruise you hurts like hell. are you trying the ointment on your nipples?

Wow I keep trying but he keeps chewing… :ninja

My nipples haven’t needed the ointment they are good. No cracks no pain other than when he bruises me. I am very lucky.

thats good. have you tried to reposition him while he is at nipple. i had to do that quite often with addie until she could learn exactly what to do. again dont give up!

I have turned him I take him off and he relatches, still messed up… but I think he doesn’t want the milk I think he just wants the closeness because he gets there he puts his hand on mine and closes his eyes and sighs then sucks a bit then kinda snuggles in… to me it more of snuggles than anything else.

sigh

I wanna be Liam…

:frowning:

thats what addie did too. i miss that so much now. just wait he may surprise you one day

[quote=“USF Sam, post: 1086928”]sigh

I wanna be Liam…

:([/quote]

awww poor boy!

Well he does that daily :smiley: smiles a sappy smile

this may help Mel…as long as you are producing milk don’ give up.

Baby not latching on properly, need help!

[quote=“Mystic, post: 1086931”]this may help Mel…as long as you are producing milk don’ give up.

Baby not latching on properly, need help![/quote]

He gets in good position(like they tell you) sucks a bit then relaxes and just kinda bats at the nipple with his tongue and then starts to chew…

:willy_nilly:

[quote=“jassilem, post: 1086932”]He gets in good position(like they tell you) sucks a bit then relaxes and just kinda bats at the nipple with his tongue and then starts to chew…

:willy_nilly:[/quote]
…thats a sign of not having a good latch Mel…read this sweetie…wish i was there to help…my sister inlaw was having the exact issues you are having and i was able to help her as I have others…nmc brochure

also there are breastfeeding clinic you can go to where they will help you…don’t be ashamed to go a lot until you and yuor baby have learned how to properly feed…also, don’t feel bad if you go to just a straight bottle, nothing wrong with whatever you decide is comfortable for you…its best to enjoy your first year of mothering than having to worry too much.:nod: hugs

[quote=“Mystic, post: 1086933”]…thats a sign of not having a good latch Mel…read this sweetie…wish i was there to help…my sister inlaw was having the exact issues you are having and i was able to help her as I have others…nmc brochure

also there are breastfeeding clinic you can go to where they will help you…don’t be ashamed to go a lot until you and yuor baby have learned how to properly feed…also, don’t feel bad if you go to just a straight bottle, nothing wrong with whatever you decide is comfortable for you…its best to enjoy your first year of mothering than having to worry too much.:nod: hugs[/quote]

I keep repositioning him and he gets mad.

I will keep trying don’t worry I seem not to be able to refuse him much.

awwww…looky that cutie!
I’m gonna eat him!

[quote=“Wookiegirl, post: 1086935”]awwww…looky that cutie!
I’m gonna eat him![/quote]

Ok do it before he eats me! LOL :24: