Here it is, the YDP overhaul. Plz read. Plz

So there are some new, official money sinks.

Firstly and most importantly, we’ve moved from Brivium Credits to Audentio Design (AD) Credits software. This is primarily for security reasons, but as it is updated we should see further functionality and optimisation.

Okay, so the juicy bits. First of all, the YDP formula has been refined. You will now receive the following:

New Article on front page or in Guides & Articles: £100,000
Upload resource: £5,000
Upload to media gallery: £1,000
Upload avatar: £1,000 (one time)
Daily Login: £500
Content recieves positive post rating: £200
Create new thread: £200
Get a follower: £200
Create new post: £25
Thread gets reply: £25
Trophy Received: £25
Rate a post: £10
Vote on poll: £10

In addition to this, users with the ‘Entrepreneur’ account upgrade will also receive an additional £75 per post and users with the ‘Oligarch’ account upgrade will receive an additional £300 per positive post rating and £75 per reply to one of their threads.

If you hover over ‘YDP’ in the top-right, there is now a shop option. From here you can change something on your account (username or title), upgrade your account to receive the ‘Entrepreneur’ and ‘Oligarch’ statuses and purchase small support emblems for ideology and religion (more to come, including parties). Please note these are not the standard medals everyone has, these are the small icons at the bottom of your user info. These are ‘giftable’, meaning you can trade them if you want to swap with someone. If there is an ideology or reigion you want that is not available, please send me a message and I’ll accommodate it. I didn’t do every single one off the bat because I’d be here all year.

Now, the most fun part. I am introducing ‘trading cards’. These are politicians or historical figures that are only available for purchase once. They are all limited edition. While they’re available, you will be able to buy them through the store - with prices differing between politicians of different stature. These will vary between £50,000 and £10,000,000. As of this post, John Kerry is the most valuable at £250,000. Once their limited edition period is up, those who have purchased them will be able to keep them but nobody else will be able to purchase them from the store. They will remain tradeable, so cards will develop their own community-generated pricetags further down the line.

For example, John Kerry may be valued at £250,000 from the store, but if only 4 people buy him and he then becomes permanently unavailable from the store, those who do want him will have to pay a premium to receive him from a user who did buy him from the store.

You don’t necessarily have to support a politician to collect him/her. I’m anticipating people collecting ‘sets’; maybe of politicians from a certain post, party or country.

I’m thinking of maybe leaving each available in the store for a week before swapping them out for the next batch.

In other news, nightly interest is on hold while I get in touch with the software developer. As of yet his software doesn’t support the interest function.

Please report any bugs or issues with this being a brand new feature and all.

You can now purchase YDP with GBP at a reduced rate. You can see the rates here: [URL]https://youthdebates.org/forums/adcredits/packages[/URL]

THATS SO MUCH MONEY!

Cool beans

Damn. Gotta love capitalism.

Will the medal things at the side still be operated in the same way?

[QUOTE=“DylPickle, post: 371830, member: 4811”]Will the medal things at the side still be operated in the same way?[/QUOTE]
The old style medals will for now, yes. Looking into automating this, but it looks difficult.

@Allegrif when I paid to change my user title, nothing happened :mad:

[QUOTE=“Jamietuts, post: 371834, member: 3675”]@Allegrif when I paid to change my user title, nothing happened :mad:[/QUOTE]
[URL]https://youthdebates.org/forums/adcreditshop-purchases/[/URL]

This is awesome. Nice work!

But what’s the inventory?

Noice

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 371822, member: 1”]In other news, nightly interest is on hold while I get in touch with the software developer. As of yet his software doesn’t support the interest function.[/QUOTE]

:’(

No YDP for recently posted articles? :frowning:

Who the fuck would pay £100,000 for Harriet Harperson?

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 371822, member: 1”]Now, the most fun part. I am introducing ‘trading cards’. These are politicians or historical figures that are only available for purchase once. They are all limited edition. While they’re available, you will be able to buy them through the store - with prices differing between politicians of different stature. These will vary between £50,000 and £10,000,000. As of this post, John Kerry is the most valuable at £250,000. Once their limited edition period is up, those who have purchased them will be able to keep them but nobody else will be able to purchase them from the store. They will remain tradeable, so cards will develop their own community-generated pricetags further down the line.

For example, John Kerry may be valued at £250,000 from the store, but if only 4 people buy him and he then becomes permanently unavailable from the store, those who do want him will have to pay a premium to receive him from a user who did buy him from the store.[/QUOTE]
Le capitalist shill!!!

[I]somebody[/I] wants to subsidize guides and articles on the front page

[QUOTE=“Alexandra the Great, post: 371838, member: 2790”]But what’s the inventory?[/QUOTE]
It’s just where yer’ stoof’s held.

[QUOTE=“John, post: 371850, member: 5914”]No YDP for recently posted articles? :([/QUOTE]
Yes, this should have been awarded under the old system exactly the same.

[QUOTE=“Hedonologist, post: 371857, member: 3”]Who the fuck would pay £100,000 for Harriet Harperson?[/QUOTE]
Not me, but somebody might :smiley:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[QUOTE=“lake avenue, post: 371877, member: 3521”]just bought a title change, how do I actually go about changing it though?[/QUOTE]
Go to the shop, bottom left in the side bar - purchases. Then ‘use’ your purchase from there.

[QUOTE=“Allegrif, post: 371878, member: 1”]Go to the shop, bottom left in the side bar - purchases. Then ‘use’ your purchase from there.[/QUOTE]
How long do you think it will take before we may have an interest stream (if at all)