Hey, question

if 3 tires have a 245 wheel, and one is a 235, is that bad?

245/45r17 <- 3
235/45r17 <- 1

yes.

I would imagine so

No its not serious. You will get uneven tread wear on your tires.
Just put it on the back right side and do a burn down :smiley: :gears

Re: RE: hey, question…

[quote=Blackwater_GT]No its not serious. You will get uneven tread wear on your tires.
Just put it on the back right side and do a burn down :smiley: :gears[/quote]

its already there :gears

but seriously, i do need to get a set of new tires… any suggestions?

17" rims…

[quote=sourlemon2k5][quote=Blackwater_GT]No its not serious. You will get uneven tread wear on your tires.

its already there :gears

but seriously, i do need to get a set of new tires… any suggestions?

17" rims…[/quote]

Just make sure the tires you get are Z rated. I believe thats the highest speed rating for a passeger tire. goodyears have nice looking tread design, I run goodyears on my 89.

[quote=Blackwater_GT]No its not serious. You will get uneven tread wear on your tires.

It could be serious if hes driving a GT. It will cause the 2 axles to turn at different speeds, thus constantly slipping the clutches in the posi-trac rearend and ruining the posi. The best advice I could give is to get matching tires quick. If your is a situation where youre going to have to run this “offsize” tire for a long time, I would put it on the front. It will cause uneven wear but will do no mechanical damage to the car. Just be carefull driving it like that because it will wanna pull like a sumunabish.

if its on the front, its not necessarly ‘bad’, but i surely wouldn’t want to run two different sizes on the rear

if you have the stock gt wheels on there they are 17x8. sumitomo makes a good 245/40/17 for that size tire. they are 77 bucks a piece at www.tirerack.com and shipping is like 50 bucks. you could have all 4 tires shipped then mounted and balanced at a tire place for under 400 easy.

the three sumitomo’s i have are 245/45/17…

i have another 235 in the trunk, but i aslo have another 245 under the carport…

should i put the 235’s on the front to make it somewhat lower in the front…

or just put the other 245 on it…

:dunno

or should i go to that website and check them out…

Estimated Shipping Costs for:
(4) 245/40WR17 Sumitomo HTR Z II - Price: $364.00 for 4

Warehouse Location Inventory Status Shipping Costs
Newark, Delaware In Stock $41.24

total: 406.24…

i can get them balanced myself at the high school, if i can talk to the teacher…

the 235s wont lowe the car. it will make it skinnier. here is the number/name system… tire width/ %tire sidewall / wheel size

:gives

lol, but for real, i didnt know that numbering sceme (me = :owned)… thanks for the info

o yea, no prob man. those numbers are very important though. i cant wait til summer is over and i have enough money saved up for my wheels/tires. ill be running a 375/35/17 drag radial out back and a 275/40/17 up front. yest the front has a higher sidewall but not by much. it will be sweet with a 10.5" wheels with a WIDE drag radial on it :rock

ill be ready for the gears then :cool