Hey SI....guess what I saw

We went to the drag strip tonight and I saw a beautiful black shiny cobra get SMOKED by a Civic! Gotta give props to that car…it was bad ass!

haha sweet. was it like mine or what? you know what was done to it?

Nah, I tried to find it afterwards to ask…but it did sound like it was turbo, or supercharged…at least. I think it ran an 11.2 if I’m not mistaken. My hubby did better in his 02 GT than that cobra though…he hit 14.9. (Hubby hit a 14.4 in his 02).

damn… 11.2. I wish I knew who that was. mad props to him. Good job to your husband too, good run.

14.9 in a Cobra? You sure it wasn’t a GT with Cobra emblems?

Man that must have been a horrible driver or somebody’s girlfriend. :wtf

I was looking at the fog lights and style of it…not the emblems…maybe it wasnt the “real” driver??? Maybe he let his wife drive it??? LoL!!!

Did they race down at edgewater? I’m not too far from there actually.

Anyways, maybe it was a fobra.

You made SI’s day Bear. :lol

Yeah…down at Edgewater. There were some mean ass cars down there. Hell there was a souped up Cavalier even! :wtf YES a freaking Cavalier!!! I think it did low 15s!! :rofl

SI…glad I made your day…it was sweet!! :smiley:

Re: RE: Hey SI…guess what I saw

haha… actually gettin digits from the hunnie at work I been chattin with at work made my day, but this was great too. :smiley:

Well, I’m and LS1’er, and I would LOVE to be running 11 point ANYTHING. LOL

Deffinetly not a good driver or he wasnt even trying, ive heard 03-04 cobras going 11.9 stock, with jus a k&n an drag radials.

At any rate an 11.2 in a civic is jus sick :rock , lotsa money to get there tho… :banana

[quote=Big_Chief]14.9 in a Cobra? You sure it wasn’t a GT with Cobra emblems?

Man that must have been a horrible driver or somebody’s girlfriend. :wtf[/quote]

sixxer with cobra emblems :smiley:

[quote=Ramhard21]Deffinetly not a good driver or he wasnt even trying, ive heard 03-04 cobras going 11.9 stock, with jus a k&n an drag radials.

At any rate an 11.2 in a civic is jus sick :rock , lotsa money to get there tho… :banana[/quote]

You guys are making assumptions that it was an 03-04.

It could have been a 99 or 01, in which case 14.9s aren’t out of the realm of possibility with a bad driver or horrible track conditions.

[quote=2000Si][quote=Ramhard21]Deffinetly not a good driver or he wasnt even trying, ive heard 03-04 cobras going 11.9 stock, with jus a k&n an drag radials.

At any rate an 11.2 in a civic is jus sick :rock , lotsa money to get there tho… :banana[/quote]

It could have been a 99 or 01, in which case 14.9s aren’t out of the realm of possibility with a bad driver or horrible track conditions.[/quote]

True True, but still a 01 stock could run better that 14.9… :blah

[quote=2000Si][quote=Ramhard21]Deffinetly not a good driver or he wasnt even trying, ive heard 03-04 cobras going 11.9 stock, with jus a k&n an drag radials.

It could have been a 99 or 01, in which case 14.9s aren’t out of the realm of possibility with a bad driver or horrible track conditions.[/quote]

My husband also agrees that it must have been a '99 or '01 Cobra…they’re not all that!

i heard from a buddy of mine who is somewhat on top of mustang info, or so i gather, that there was a dyno problem for information about the 99 cobra, and that the gt was better (:D), but seriously, ford musta screwed up the cobra for 99… which might have set up the [inclination that the cobras arent that good for the money you put out for one???] reason why they aint making any cobras RIGHT now, maybe for 2k6/2k7, but not now.

hmm… just like the camaros… i read somewhere that gm was “looking for a better chassis” for the next camaro, and then they came back with a “we didnt say that” statement thing…

btw ^^^ has a '68 stang… its nice, sounds great, but mine looks better

and how does the 2k5 mustangs have a “retro styling” styling look to them?? :dunno ? all i can think of is the 4 lights up front… even the body in the late 60s/early 70s was “split-level” in terms of front-back…

There was a problem. People were dynoing WAY less than the 15% drivetrain loss a 305 hp RWD V8 should have been making. Ford admitted there was a problem and went about fixing the 99 Cobras.

That’s why there isn’t a 2000 Cobra, except for the rare R. All the 01 Cobras were problem free, and then they didn’t make a Cobra for 2002 (well they made them, they just exported them).

Hey 2000, can I have your SI badge to put on my car??

I wanna have a Mach 1 type SI.

[quote=04ShakinSteed]Hey 2000, can I have your SI badge to put on my car??

I wanna have a Mach 1 type SI.[/quote]

nah, i want a 35th anniversary gt type si…

convertible… :smiley: