How Honest Are You?

If you were in an establishment and payed for something and they gave you too much cash in return? Would you return it?

Absolutely. I’ve done it several times before.

Actually- I accidentally stole a shirt I really wanted once. It took about 15 minutes for me to notice I had it. I went and gave it back. I was mortified!

I have. I was in a bank, and one of those deposit bags was in the counter in front of me full of money, I actually turned it in. I like to be a good person.

I would have to, because I would always think that someone saw the mistake and would bring it up

Nobody will know how honest I am because nobody knows me in person.

You would have to trust what I say here and you have no ability to judge that one way or the other. :wink:

It has happened. I always bring it to their attention. They made an honest mistake. Why take advantage of it?

Surprisingly things like this have happened more than I care to count. Half the time I dont count the change I get back and just shove it in my pockets, so if I catch it at all, its already way to late to correct (believe me I’ve tried, was told just to keep it).

Wow! There’s alot more honest peeps in here than I thought.

Good to know.

[quote=“shocker69, post: 1094807”]Wow! There’s alot more honest peeps in here than I thought.

Good to know.[/quote]
What’s really good to know are the ones that condone bullshitting. :wink:

well yeah cause first of all its the right thing to do and second of all it would end up screwing them in the long run

I remember a couple years ago I had bought some stuff from Victorias Secret, got it home and was taking my stuff out of the bag when I noticed some black lingerie. I thought what the hell. I didnt buy any black lingerie (plus it was a size small…hello I dont wear size small LOL).
So the next time I went to the mall, I took it back to the store and gave it back to them.

[quote=“Alien Allen, post: 1094804”]Nobody will know how honest I am because nobody knows me in person.

You would have to trust what I say here and you have no ability to judge that one way or the other. ;)[/quote]
:24: i like that

Their mistake, fuck 'em.

Happened to me once, i was in HMV, spent £100 on DVD’s. Gave them 5 £20’s and got £10 change.

I’d give it back. Normally it’s not the establishment that suffers for the mistake, it’s the person behind the register making minimum wage that will get in trouble.

i give it back… cos i have given some 1 too much change and have seen that little gleeful look on their face as they stuff it quickly into their pocket… and i think… you bastard!

Exactly. You don’t hurt the business you hurt the employee.

I would and do return the excess change that I get. Nine times out of ten when I am shopping, I have Soleil with me and I don’t want to teach her to be dishonest, even if it’s only a ten cent coin. That one missing ten cent coin will probably mean someone will have to recount the till at the end of the night. Having been that person who has to count and then recount tills, I know how disheartening it can be after a long day of work to have to count and recount piddly small coins for a small amount of money.

I have only kept the extra money given to me once and then it was the principle of the situation. I was at the bank drive-thru and got my change. The teller gave me $20 too much. I said, “Excuse me, my change is incorrect.” Her response, “I do not make mistakes.” I said, “Thanks!” and drove off.

The next week, I used the same teller. She stopped me and said, “I was off by $20 last Friday. I think it was because I gave you too much change.” I said, “Good thing you don’t make mistakes.”:24:

Hah! In that instance, I probably would have kept it too. Teach people to be snotty!

if the waitress/waiter was good, then yeah of course, but if they were shitty from the start, i’d go scouser on them.:ninja:D

now at a clothing’s store or such…depends on the amount really and how nice they were and how well they kissed my ass.

I like to be served.:ninja:D…serve me and not only do you get the extra money back but you get a good tip too.:nod:

[quote=“Mystic, post: 1094818”]if the waitress/waiter was good, then yeah of course, but if they were shitty from the start, i’d go scouser on them.:ninja:D

now at a clothing’s store or such…depends on the amount really and how nice they were and how well they kissed my ass.

I like to be served.:ninja:D…serve me and not only do you get the extra money back but you get a good tip too.:nod:[/quote]
I would be glad to serve you :smiley: