I don't understand

the popularity of “Twilight”. My wife and I watched it Sunday afternoon. It didn’t do anything for either of us.

I think it’s only really understood if you read the books. There’s so much more the movie couldn’t show.

But, in all honesty, I think they could have done a better job with the movie. I don’t like the choice of Robert Pattinson, or Kristen Stewart. Robert isn’t nearly good looking enough, and Kristen was just… awkward.

[quote=“satinbutterfly, post: 1081052”]I think it’s only really understood if you read the books. There’s so much more the movie couldn’t show.

But, in all honesty, I think they could have done a better job with the movie. I don’t like the choice of Robert Pattinson, or Kristen Stewart. Robert isn’t nearly good looking enough, and Kristen was just… awkward.[/quote]

I commented to my wife at least they didn’t have a 25 year old woman playing a 17 year old.

It’s more about the books than the movies. At least for me that is :nod:

I havent seen the film yet, i’m happy enough reading the books.

I have no interest in the books or the movie, to be honest.

yeah my husband and i felt the same about it too…it could have been much better, but ended up being rather dull really. its a real teen flic.

May be that is it. I thought the movie was ploddingly slow and dull.

My wife and I decided it was geared to a teenage datenight film.

I watched the movie months ago and didn’t really care for it. I recently read the book and loved it so I’m going to give the movie another go and see if I like it now.

My wife has a thing for vampire movies. She said it just didn’t have enough vampire stuff in it to hold her interest.

I haven’t read the books…yet, but the movie wasn’t that bad imo.

I don’t really do bubble gum literature so I haven’t really been interested to see that film.

:24: Bubble gum litereature - I love it! :slight_smile:

Seriously, though, I thought that the movie was just ok - except for the part where she totally overacted at the end. The book was much better, although I still think it was about 200 pages too long. . .she sure takes for-freaking-ever to get to the point. And it gets worse with each consecutive book. The last one was almost painful since it took so long to get to each next “reveal”.

I liked it… It was ‘ok’

I liked the dialogue in the book.

The books are WAY better than the movie!

That’s the intended audience from what I can gather.

As for the book I picked it up on pay day.

I think you have to be under 18 to enjoy it. I don’t get the craze either!

My 22 year old daughter liked it and bought the DVD.