I gots a raise!

Talked to my dad last night. I decided to stay with OTS, so today we talked about pay and what he wants from me. As for pay I told him how much I made when I was at Ingram, and said a certain amount will net me more than enough to live and be comfortable, so he offers another 50 cents/hour over that. I said yes! and it was so.

So then he puts me back on the insurance, and I have 90 days to make it to lead tech status.

I don’t think I’m going to have any problems in the slightest getting there. I know the job and I’ve done it for two years. My biggest concern is customer interaction. I’m not quite as quick witted as a few of my fellow techs to make those ‘ice breaker’ jokes to keep the atmosphere light. But in spite of that, if I go to a job from day one and keep ahead of the game I should be able to keep my head above water in getting things completed the way the customer wants them done.

[quote=2000Si]Talked to my dad last night. I decided to stay with OTS, so today we talked about pay and what he wants from me. As for pay I told him how much I made when I was at Ingram, and said a certain amount will net me more than enough to live and be comfortable, so he offers another 50 cents/hour over that. I said yes! and it was so.

So then he puts me back on the insurance, and I have 90 days to make it to lead tech status.

I don’t think I’m going to have any problems in the slightest getting there. I know the job and I’ve done it for two years. My biggest concern is customer interaction. I’m not quite as quick witted as a few of my fellow techs to make those ‘ice breaker’ jokes to keep the atmosphere light. But in spite of that, if I go to a job from day one and keep ahead of the game I should be able to keep my head above water in getting things completed the way the customer wants them done.[/quote]

no problem,you’re a smart guy dude.

congrats. :rock

congrats dude!

I should be getting the next two weeks pay with my raise, so if I can scrounge a few extra hundred I just might be able to make it to the meet.

congrats James!!

on a side note, im going to a job fair for a place called ITT (they make electronic stuff for the gov’t) on saturday. starting pay is $12.71/hr. i hope i can get on over there…

that better mean that you are coming to the meet!!! YOU BETTER COME NOW!!!

Congrates!! Im glad you are finally happy with work! Now you can buy a mustang… j/k (that made me sound like my hubby!)

Depends on what my bills look like for the end of the month.

All I have to pay is my rent now, and if I can get out of paying my apartments rent by telling them to keep the deposit I just may make it.

That’s awesome, congrats (I know, been said a million times, but hey)! Do I see a 'Stang in your future…?

eh… no. Unless I could find one for under a grand and only pay liability on it.

but really it’s not worth it. I’m saving up for a supercharger.