I just got a phone call

My aunt called to let me know the birthday lunch for my great-uncle Saturday has been cancelled. My great-aunt is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. She is in intensive care and being treated for the water around her heart and a blood infection.

Oh dear :frowning:

Thoughts with your family mate.

My thoughts and prayers to your family. hug

Sorry to hear that,sending healing vibes to her… and you all at this hard time.

I am so sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you and your family

Bring the party to her!

[quote=“AUFred, post: 1102397”]My aunt called to let me know the birthday lunch for my great-uncle Saturday has been cancelled. My great-aunt is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. She is in intensive care and being treated for the water around her heart and a blood infection.[/quote]:frowning: hugs

That was a quite mean comment I’d say.

And I’m sorry to hear that

I’m sorry, Fred - not good news at all :frowning:

Did this come on suddenly? Just ignore me if I’m being too nosey.

I’m sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1102405”]I’m sorry, Fred - not good news at all :frowning:

Did this come on suddenly? Just ignore me if I’m being too nosey.[/quote]

Not really. She is overweight and has a miriad of other health issues. Her health began to decline when she broke her leg in Israel several years ago. She almost lost her leg due to incompetence there.

I have heard once someone breaks their hip, it is very hard to come back from that. But I guess anything can be a devastating injury depending on your overall health and medical treatment at the time.

What a mess :frowning:

[quote=“canidae, post: 1102408”]I have heard once someone breaks their hip, it is very hard to come back from that. But I guess anything can be a devastating injury depending on your overall health and medical treatment at the time.

What a mess :([/quote]

It was a nasty break of her leg. She spent several months in the hospital on her return to the U.S. She has diabetic issues so she heals slowly and they made a mess tring to set her leg over there.

Sounds awful. You never know what will happen or when. You’d just hope you’re close to good medical care and it sounds like that wasn’t the case for her when she broke her leg.

Awe i hope the Best for your Aunt.So Sorry to hear about that.

So sorry to hear about this!

I am going up to the hospital after work to check on her.

[quote=“TheGuyOverThere, post: 1102404”]That was a quite mean comment I’d say.

And I’m sorry to hear that[/quote]

I’d still want the party. :frowning:

Hope everything gets better. Not a lot I can say at a time like this but my thoughts are with you and fingers crossed everything turns its self around x

Went to visit her at the hospital last night. They seem to feel like she will be going home tomorrow. She was sitting up in a chair and eating dinner when we went by.