I love not being a germophobe

Seriously… people who must wash their hands all the time just make me laugh. So paranoid about germs and dying early.

Last time I went to the doctor was when I pulled a muscle 2 years ago. The time before that was 5 years ago when i had shingles.

Other than that I get minor colds every fall and/or spring depending on how the weather acts.

I can eat without washing my hands after working on my car and it doesn’t bother me one bit. A little bit of grease is just more flavoring!

Ok, I kind of washed my hands off…

Anyway… I feel sorry for OCD germophobic people. I don’t think I could do my job in a timely matter if I was like that.

i know some good ocd cleanly folks

but i think moderate exposure to germs is good for your immune system

im like that but only at work, where you can easily catch mersa, hep c, aids…and who knows what else in a prison setting!!

It has to be… but it depends on how well your immune system took to accepting and using the vaccinations you got as a kid as well.

I know people who got cuts and ended up in the ER because of the swelling, pain, and it was close to the onset of gangreen.

I cut myself at least once a week, some are worse than others but I never really do anything about them (like wash the cut off, tape or bandaid it up with neosporin)… I just let it heal over. It never gets infected, ever.

Yeah if I worked in that environment I’d be a little more concerned about it myself too.

um yeah youre gonna regret that someday

Why? I already smoke, germs are the least of my concerns. You should see all the scars on my hands and knuckles.

[quote=“TheOriginalJames, post: 345135”]It has to be… but it depends on how well your immune system took to accepting and using the vaccinations you got as a kid as well.

I know people who got cuts and ended up in the ER because of the swelling, pain, and it was close to the onset of gangreen.

I cut myself at least once a week, some are worse than others but I never really do anything about them (like wash the cut off, tape or bandaid it up with neosporin)… I just let it heal over. It never gets infected, ever.[/quote]

you should see someoen about that, sounds like a case of stupid :jk

haha ok let me rephrase.

I cut myself usually once a week, accidently.

Like when I was running wire this one time, and in the process of trying to get the fiberglass stick to move, I pulled it hard, it let loose and my elbow went into the side of some duct work, which was sharp. I ended up bleeding a good bit, but it stopped and I just ran cool water over it to wash away the blood.

I’m not I just stay clean

I am far from a germofobe, Im like james with that. It has allready payed off for me. I never knew that I got hepititus b and my body just fought it off cause my imune system was strong. The only way I foun out was when I tried to give blood they rejected it cause I am now a hepititus antibody caryer so now I can not get hep. Allso when I got bit by a brown recluse a coupple of years ago my body kept it from getting bad. All I have is a little spot on my chest where it bit me.

I gave blood two years ago, no complaints from them.

well I got the hep and my body fought it off cause my imune system was strong enough.

My brother smokes and is a germ phob. He has MS and he says he thinks thats the reason why he is like that.

Im not that much a germaphobe… but when I was in NYC, I used the antigerm thing the entire time. I wash my hands alot,ect…

James, you almost made me sick by saying you ate your food with grease all over your hands… thats sick.

I’m not a big germaphobe

im not really a germophobe…but i have this thing with dishes…they MUST be totally spotless BEFORE going in the dishwasher, or someones gettin shot with the midol gun!

If they are totally spotless, then why put them in the dishwasher?

To sanitize them. Dishwashers are to sanitize, not to clean! You clean the dish off FIRST, then put it in the dishwasher for sterilization.

The only time this is not true is if you have an industrial strength dishwasher, which the house I custom build someday will have (whirlpool makes a standard size one thats awesome).

soap and water in the sink won’t do that already?

When you put the clean dishes in the dishwasher, do you still add detergent? Because it isn’t the detergent that sanitizes them it’s the stream generated during the drying cycle.

:dunno: