I saved three lives today!

So one of the La manchin goats at the farm went into labour today. She was havig twins, and they got entanlged in the birth canal, she was trying to force push them out, and she began hemeragging, so we had to get the kids out, and my hands were the only ones that could fit into her vulva, and deeper into her birth canal where they were stuck. If I hadn’t paid attention in vet class, they would have died! God it was so cooooool! And if the second one makes it through the night, I get to keep it as my own pet goat :smiley:

Here is me shaking it to get fluid out of it’s lungs right after I pulled it out of the birth canal:

Rubbing it with a towel to clear it’s breathing passage, clean it so it didn’t get effected, and keep it plentry dry and warm

Force feeding her colostrum that I just milked, she needed it for the antibodies, but she was to weak to milk on her own

Me and my goat!

These ones are actually for milking for goat cheese and just milk. So I can keep it as a pet :smiley: it’s staying in my backyard (after it’s weened) until someone calls the city, then I’ll move it to the farm! lol

Edit:

And of course my sunburn from being in the sun for 3 hours in a row

Wow! What an experience!

nice pics.

Good job and congrats. :thumbup

I’ve never done that with goats but I have helped with a few calves in my younger days so I know how stressed you were.

All of the above. I’m surprised, at your age, that you know so much about vetz.

Good job!!!

Keep up teh good work.:thumbup

Very nice! You’re a lot like my younger sisters haha.

That is way awesome!

Sorry about how awful that burn is, but I can only imagine it was beyond worth it!

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1101039”]That is way awesome!

Sorry about how awful that burn is, but I can only imagine it was beyond worth it![/quote]+1

You should see how bad my head gets after being in the sun too long without sunscreen.

I’ve gotten water blisters.:eek:eek:eek

I just got back from checking on them, they are both alive, and fully fed!

[quote=“AbriannaPeto, post: 1101041”]I just got back from checking on them, they are both alive, and fully fed![/quote]Great news!:thumbup

you do some amazing stuff…and get some aftersun on the burn