Illegal Imigration:

Who’s for, and who’s against?

Me personally, I’m 95% opposed, and if left up to me I would empower the boarder patrol to use all means available to stop / reverse the tide of illegals, and probably mobilize the National Guard to fill in the gaps.

My best friend in the service was a Mexican American, and I’ve had many minority friends in my time, so I dare somebody to call me a racist. But things here (at least in SoCal) are getting out of hand. I don’t appreciate being forced to learn a new language so I can communicate to the Jack-in-the-box lady, and not being able to read the billboards on the freeway because it’s all in Spanish. If they would learn english, and adapt to American society, half my illcontent would be solved, but it feels like they want to come here and set up their own community like back home, contribute nothing, and expect us to pay for their schools, hospitals, and Welfare (for their kids that were born here at least). And don’t dare not bow down, because then you’ve got the activists throwing a fit and slamming you with the racist stick.

I don’t know… I understand why they come. And I can’t say no more imigrants unless I"m willing to take down the Statue of Liberty too. But an orderly process needs to be maintained, because the influx is causing major disruptions. With hospitals closing their doors almost every month, and the school system struggling to keep non-english speakers in step with native Americans, I just think something has to be done. 3 Million a year is a big number. And now on top of that you’ve got the Al Queda crazies comming in with them… :wtf

Anyway, this is the political debate section, so I figured I would throw this firecracker out and see if I get some hits. :smiley:

All opinions welcome. :rock :rock

America is a melting pot. We will always be the strongest by numbers.

im not racist either but it is starting to get “bad” over here in georgia. i know in florida b/c of all the cubans that come over, all gas stations must be bilingual at the pumps and on signs. in the grocery store i work, the atm machine is bilingual, the poster with all the employees names is bilingual (minus the names)… there have been a surge in mexican restaurant openings and the waiters cant speak but half-english.

illegal immigration is bad. period. they come here and, since they work for cheap, take jobs from the people who lost their jobs and dont mind what work they do, but need work. but the mexicans have phenominal work ethic- they do a damn good job. they work Hard for little money. they work on the golf course where i live and it looks awesome. BUT, many are very poor and resort to selling drugs around here. there was a big bust of mexicans selling weed- which is another large reason we have the boarder patrol- to stop drug trafficing.

[quote=AtlanticBlue99]im not racist either but it is starting to get “bad” over here in georgia. i know in florida b/c of all the cubans that come over, all gas stations must be bilingual at the pumps and on signs. in the grocery store i work, the atm machine is bilingual, the poster with all the employees names is bilingual (minus the names)… there have been a surge in mexican restaurant openings and the waiters cant speak but half-english.

illegal immigration is bad. period. they come here and, since they work for cheap, take jobs from the people who lost their jobs and dont mind what work they do, but need work. but the mexicans have phenominal work ethic- they do a damn good job. they work Hard for little money. they work on the golf course where i live and it looks awesome. BUT, many are very poor and resort to selling drugs around here. there was a big bust of mexicans selling weed- which is another large reason we have the boarder patrol- to stop drug trafficing.[/quote]

Agreed!!! I was in the doctors office the other day and there was a group of mexicans walking in and NONE of them could talk english. I think if you come to the USA you need to atleast SPEAK ENGLISH!!! I understand alittle of spanish, but not much anymore. I havent spoke it in a long time… But I cant stand when you are trying to talk to someone that cant understand you!

i dont know about that… at least in brooklyn, an manhattan, you can walk blocks and not here 2 words in english sometimes. i kid you not.

its ironic i was actually talking about this the other day with someone - about how i think people should be forced to take an english course or something in order to be allowed to stay here. intruder is right, i also find it inconsiderate that people expect you to understand what they are saying when they come up to you and speak in some other language. i also agree on the point

but it feels like they want to come here and set up their own community like back home
. that doesnt jive with me either.

althrough the truth is, most of this applies mostly to just illegal ones. if you arent illegal, at least i know youre paying taxes and stuff so youre ‘in the system’ and you arent a total societal burden.

:blah

I read an article last year I think about their being a vote or bill or something to possibly change the “official” language of Miami to Spanish

[quote=IntruderLS1]Who’s for, and who’s against?

Me personally, I’m 95% opposed, and if left up to me I would empower the boarder patrol to use all means available to stop / reverse the tide of illegals, and probably mobilize the National Guard to fill in the gaps.

My best friend in the service was a Mexican American, and I’ve had many minority friends in my time, so I dare somebody to call me a racist. But things here (at least in SoCal) are getting out of hand. I don’t appreciate being forced to learn a new language so I can communicate to the Jack-in-the-box lady, and not being able to read the billboards on the freeway because it’s all in Spanish. If they would learn english, and adapt to American society, half my illcontent would be solved, but it feels like they want to come here and set up their own community like back home, contribute nothing, and expect us to pay for their schools, hospitals, and Welfare (for their kids that were born here at least). And don’t dare not bow down, because then you’ve got the activists throwing a fit and slamming you with the racist stick.

I don’t know… I understand why they come. And I can’t say no more imigrants unless I"m willing to take down the Statue of Liberty too. But an orderly process needs to be maintained, because the influx is causing major disruptions. With hospitals closing their doors almost every month, and the school system struggling to keep non-english speakers in step with native Americans, I just think something has to be done. 3 Million a year is a big number. And now on top of that you’ve got the Al Queda crazies comming in with them… :wtf

Anyway, this is the political debate section, so I figured I would throw this firecracker out and see if I get some hits. :smiley:

All opinions welcome. :rock :rock[/quote]
:agree

Yeah, I agree with you, that’s why the 5% hasitation in my convictions, and the Statue of Liberty comment. We are a nation of immigrants, and it’s important to keep America’s doors open as long as possible.

But like all things, the people who abuse the system are gonig to ruin it for everybody. And currently we have a government in Mexico that encourages the flood, and we don’t have the non-Polictically Correct balls over on our side to do anything about it.

Well Saleen, I think this is the first thing we’ve ever agreed on without the need for disclaimers. :rock :rock

You’ve got to be shitting me right?

You’ve got to be shitting me right?[/quote]

you think thats bad?

read this - http://www.newsmax.com/cgi-bin/showinside.pl?a=2002/5/7/140253

You’ve got to be shitting me right?[/quote]

Here in California it’s turned into a mandentory duel language. We’re required to have Spanish material avaliable for people who don’t speak English. I think that’s a mistake. If we stop giving them the crutch, it would force them to lean english.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable. If I moved to a different country, I wouldn’t just EXPECT to be given everything I needed in English. I would go in knowing full well that I’d better figure it out fast, or sink.

i say shoot them on site crossing or run over them :gears

well what the statue stands for is nothing for what is was for now…when the mexican start moving into those high price n’hood then only something will be done…we need to get rid on the illegal who has a kid here can stay because the kid is considered american…that’s like stealing and going to jail and keeping the item you stole…your illegal your breaking the law…instead of sending then back make work camps for these people…like cutting grass road crews etc…all they get is clothes,food and shelter then after say 3-4 years let them in.they have now a skill…politicans love them is they pay taxes under a false social # and never can collect a refund…I think if you hire illegals there should be fines of at least 10k per person no if ans or but you pay it…the money then needs to go into a program for people who have lost their job and can’t find work after there umempoloyment runs out

damn I need to run for office

hey… We have nothing BUT mexicans working on our house… and let me tell you… they are fast as hell!!! Im glad they are working on it :slight_smile:

L…remember than when you can’t open doors and windows and you find a bucket in a closet with shit in it

[quote=Vfast]I think if you hire illegals there should be fines of at least 10k per person no if ans or but you pay it…the money then needs to go into a program for people who have lost their job and can’t find work after there umempoloyment runs out

damn I need to run for office[/quote]

If a politician actually had the stones to run on that platform, he would have my undivided support.

I realize that they’re here for a reason, and it’s that they’re trying to do soemthing good for their families. BUT, they are abusing the system, and it’s not fair to everybody else. The politicians are afraid to do anything about it, because then they get killed with the racist stick. Big business won’t spend any money to stop it, because they’re driving wages down, or doing it for under minimum wage anyway. It’s just the average taxpayer that gets the shaft.

I wish there was a country we could go to that would provide free school for our kids, free hospital care, free welfare, and then even bow down to us and either lean our language, or make sure there was enough english material at easy access that we could get by on it. And then if anybody got upset and tried to stop us, we could just say they were racially profiling us, or didn’t like us because we were white (Any Americans actaully, but since we’re all colors, it’s hard to make the connection to the racist talk).

Maybe Canada?? Mexico won’t accept anybody that won’t accept their way of life and culture. They won’t even accept injured Americans into their hospitals unless they can prove they’re paying customers first. :wtf

soon they wake up and have mexicains in their n’hood and say what happened :dunno

I did a project on illigal immigrants in my government class. My friends and I named it “Aliens… Get the F out”

we seem to let EVERYONE in here.

All you gotta do is get off a plane or a boat and all of a sudden you’re a fuckin Canadian.

They are getting tougher since 9/11 though.

no we won’t canadians in without a fight…go fiqure…as long as people get work out of them for less $$$ people love’em…when they slow down our school system what will they say?