I'm finally a member!

Nope - I was trying to get my language req done for my degree. I only took two semesters. They were however , taught by deaf instructors and the only way we could communicate was with sign.

I’m way out of practice and never did get the sentence structure down right.

[quote=“jassilem, post: 1082058”]Welcome.

I am not sure this snow will make it much farther than here… .[/quote]I heard that we’re supposed to be getting snow sometime this week.

I guess we’ll see. You didn’t get alot, did you?

[quote=“canidae, post: 1082059”]Nope - I was trying to get my language req done for my degree. I only took two semesters. They were however , taught by deaf instructors and the only way we could communicate was with sign.

I’m way out of practice and never did get the sentence structure down right.[/quote]

I lost a few skills though but I can understand my mom and read people’s lips, very useful as well :smiley:

[quote=“shocker69, post: 1082060”]I heard that we’re supposed to be getting snow sometime this week.

I guess we’ll see. You didn’t get alot, did you?[/quote]

Not too much just a dusting… just enough to mess up windows and make it dirty looking again.

Just a dusting means probably two inches… that’d shut down airports down south :stuck_out_tongue:

Not even that… it was just enough to cover the car window…

I don’t like the drastic temp changes. Today it got up to 66 & now we might have to get ready for ice in the next few days.

Mother nature needs to make up her mind. No, I don’t like the cold.

Yeah I got pretty good at reading lips too. It’s fascinating how your brain adapts.

I took the classes with my wife - made it a bunch easier, and fun too. We’d go out to dinner after class and practice. Every now and then a deaf person would come up and start signing away. We learned real quick how to sign - Sorry, not deaf, we leanr sign, practice :smiley:

I wouldn’t even say it snowed there to begin with, that is like frost during the summer :smiley:

Other than it was freezing down the neck.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1082066”]Yeah I got pretty good at reading lips too. It’s fascinating how your brain adapts.

I took the classes with my wife - made it a bunch easier, and fun too. We’d go out to dinner after class and practice. Every now and then a deaf person would come up and start signing away. We learned real quick how to sign - Sorry, not deaf, we leanr sign, practice :smiley:
[/quote]

Yeah, my mom is very predictable at what she says as well I can carry a convo with her without touching a notepad and staring at her mouth but she has a hard time understanding me, it has more to do with her sight though, she is too darn stubborn to see an eye doctor, tonight my aunt called and said she is getting a person to make me an eskimo jacket… weird… maybe a late birthday present? :confused:

That is very neat, also very rare on seeing a deaf person out and about in areas. Whenever I see one I just want to hug them :smiley: Okay that didn’t sound creepy :24:

Stupid cold, I want summer… yeah I am that stir crazy for it, I need to exercise hard this summer and I want to do it now :willy_nilly:

I want to be able to Liam out in the sun :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, taking him to a park would be very cool, does Calgary have any outdoor water ones? :smiley:

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

2 in the Snapper 1 in the crapper FTMFW

[quote=“Anie, post: 1082069”]Yeah, my mom is very predictable at what she says as well I can carry a convo with her without touching a notepad and staring at her mouth but she has a hard time understanding me, it has more to do with her sight though, she is too darn stubborn to see an eye doctor, tonight my aunt called and said she is getting a person to make me an eskimo jacket… weird… maybe a late birthday present? :confused:

That is very neat, also very rare on seeing a deaf person out and about in areas. Whenever I see one I just want to hug them :smiley: Okay that didn’t sound creepy :24:[/quote]

Yeah, creepy. But in a good way :smiley:

We’ve got one of the premier deaf and blind schools hear in town, so the community is very friendly to them. One of our assignments for class was to go to a play put on by the school. That was fun - and scary.

[quote=“canidae, post: 1082074”]Yeah, creepy. But in a good way :smiley:

We’ve got one of the premier deaf and blind schools hear in town, so the community is very friendly to them. One of our assignments for class was to go to a play put on by the school. That was fun - and scary.[/quote]

Want me to give you a hug? :stuck_out_tongue:

What was so scary about it? What kind of play?
Edmonton has the Alberta school for the deaf where my mom grew up in. She was never raised by my Grandparents.

[quote=“Anie, post: 1082075”]Want me to give you a hug? :stuck_out_tongue:

What was so scary about it? What kind of play?
Edmonton has the Alberta school for the deaf where my mom grew up in. She was never raised by my Grandparents.[/quote]

Sure :wink:

Just scary 'cause I didn’t know enough sign and was afraid I’m be jumped by deaf people :smiley:

[quote=“canidae, post: 1082076”]Sure :wink:

Just scary 'cause I didn’t know enough sign and was afraid I’m be jumped by deaf people :D[/quote]

:smiley: hugs you

Well all I would do is give a middle finger if you did sign something bad. But deaf people are very sweet and kind people, they would’ve loved the effort :slight_smile:

[quote=“Anie, post: 1082077”]:smiley: hugs you

Well all I would do is give a middle finger if you did sign something bad. But deaf people are very sweet and kind people, they would’ve loved the effort :)[/quote]

Yeah, I make good efforts. [disclaimer- Your results may vary]