Im going to do a good deed

There are over 800 familys staying here at our Convention Center here in Hot Springs from Louisana and American Red Cross is looking for volunteers to come help out. They need help with everything. Im gonna go Friday. Thats my only day off this week. It’ll make me feel better anyways.
BTW, has anyone heard if Project mayhem is okay. Doesnt she live in louisana?

Thats awesome! I was wondering if PM was ok the other day as well. I feel sorry for all those whole live in LA. I wish I could do something worth while to help.

Hmmm, haven’t seen Aundrea post but I’m sure she’s ok. I’m not sure where the base is located that she’s on though, hopefully far from the massive damage. But, she’s in good hands there either way.

I’m sure they’re without power there, most of the areas even near there are out of power, so, we’ll just hope she comes on soon to report back.

Come and help. They need help 24 hrs a day.

Thats very nice of you, and very respectable. They need all the help they can get., and it’s very kind of you to do it. Good luck, and hope it goes well.

BTW, I saw her sign on earlier today.

Re: RE: Im going to do a good deed

[quote=slo6banger]Hmmm, haven’t seen Aundrea post but I’m sure she’s ok. I’m not sure where the base is located that she’s on though, hopefully far from the massive damage. But, she’s in good hands there either way.

I’m sure they’re without power there, most of the areas even near there are out of power, so, we’ll just hope she comes on soon to report back.[/quote]

She was on a military base? I think they got fawked up. I know we have all their planes here in AR…

What would I be able to do besides get in the way? :dunno

What kind of help are they needing there?

Im not sure exactly what all kinds of help they need, but, if you want, i can find out tomorow at work

Cool, then PM me and let me know! :rock

[quote=redsMULLT1][quote=slo6banger]Hmmm, haven’t seen Aundrea post but I’m sure she’s ok. I’m not sure where the base is located that she’s on though, hopefully far from the massive damage. But, she’s in good hands there either way.

I’m sure they’re without power there, most of the areas even near there are out of power, so, we’ll just hope she comes on soon to report back.[/quote]

She was on a military base? I think they got fawked up. I know we have all their planes here in AR…[/quote]

I thought so. Doesn’t she live on a base?

AWWWW! Ya’ll are SO precious! Yeah, I’m great. We didn’t get absolutely anything from the hurricane except a cool breeze blowing by the house. I live on Ft. Polk and it’s located on the western side of LA. near TX. How nice of you all to care so much! It seriously brought a little tear to my eye and a smile to my face when I read this thread. They sent out about 100 soldiers from here this morning, and tomorrow I am going to the health department to donate blood. You all should look into doing the same! We also cleaned out our pantry this evening and donated all the excess food to the commissary here on post. I was so amazed at how much people around here were helping out in the relief effort.

nice to hear your good… but one question… do you go ballistic on your webcam or something, cuz your avvy pic looks like your wiggin out :dunno

wow, i cant belive it… i was in new orleans the weekend before the storm… it will never be the same agian… i will never see it the same aigan…

The superdome is no longer inhabitable, being bussed out, civilians bringging flat boats to go and help save people, waters still rising, the pumps dont pump fast enoguh, pridictions of a few weeks before the waters out, then more weeks if not months for full power back…

its so amazing what can happen, i mean 80% under water?

Idunno if tehy should even bother, get teh people out, and scrap the city and name it lake orleans?

Glad to see ya back! :smiley:
Doenst it make you feel good to so something for all these people. What really struck a nreve to me was that man on TV crying because he seen his wife get lost in the hurricane and his house gone,etc.

[quote=lemon]

nice to hear your good… but one question… do you go ballistic on your webcam or something, cuz your avvy pic looks like your wiggin out :dunno[/quote]

Nah. That’s my “I’m so mutha fuckin hardcore” look. Not really. I was in a great mood that day. I was jammin out to some heavy tunes and taking pictures of random stuff. What can I say? It gets mighty boring here.

glad to hear that you are ok aundrea. :slight_smile:

we didnt get anything from the storm either, which is good because we wouldnt of been able to handle alittle of rain. We would of been underwater as well. :frowning:

Do a good deed for me get me a pic of V’s boobars :smiley:

Check this out:

http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate2/

Look at the amount that has already been donated, and click the refresh button a few seconds later. I am absolutey FLOORED at how much people have donated so far.

I’ve been in such a good mood all day. We went through the kids’s closets and got out about 6 trash bags FULL of nearly brand new clothes. Later today me and a few of my neighbors are all convoying to Wal-Mart to pick up zip-lock bags, and we are going to fill them with things like toothbrushes, soap, q-tips, shampoo, etc., and take them up to the local shelter. Tomorrow my sister is going to see about bringing in a small family to stay with us for a few weeks until they can get situated. I did donate blood yesterday, and I have been telling everyone that I talk to that they should do the same. It brings the biggest smile to my face to see people actually wanting to help out. I think we may be volunteering at one of the shelters this coming up week. I’m even thinking about taking up a second job to help get a homeless family into a hotel, and out of the high school gym. It may not be much, but I think I would rather stay in a hotel than on a gym floor.

Here in Hot Springs, Arkansas we have about 800 families staying at the Convention Center and Im fixing to head over there right now to volunteer. A few of us are going out to try to find some of these people some jobs because whether they like it or not, this maybe their new residency for awhile. Im also taking a load of clothes and canned food and over the counter medicines and some diapers too. I do need to go donate blood. I hate being poked but I know if I was in their shoes I would want all the help I could get too.

You know what we should be doing is getting the U.S. navy to mobilze and bring in Helo carriers and with Bradleys and landing craft that can trudge right thru the flooded areas and deliver the aid thats needed. Also Shoot and bomb any looters that shoot at the rescuers.
They have running gangs terrorising the refugees and are shooting at helicopters. I’f I was the Prez. I would be rolling out with some Apache helos and some armoured Bradleys and kick there asses back to hell.