IN -freaking- SOMNIA!

Any bright ideas? I’ve tried it all. Booze, sleeping pills, staying up all night hopeing to sleep the next night, sleeping on the couch, sleeping on the floor, different temperatures… Nothing works.

It’s been a reality for me since I was a kid, but now it’s getting serious. Enough so that I’m actually consitering seeing a doctor about it. :dunno

Going crazy over here. I think I’m on day 3 with less than 6 hours of sleep. :wtf

You said you have tried booze, so how about crackin’ the bottles over your head? That might get you to sleep. However…

WARNING**

USE THIS TECHNIQUE SPARINGLY. OVERUSE CAN CAN LEAD TO MEMORYLOSS AND/OR MAY BE FATAL AFTER EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

what about listening to music? That will help me sleep… Pain pills also help on occassion… but that is only when my knees are acting up.

lead pipe?

but seriously… ive done that in college a few times, so i know how you feel. but if its been happening for a long time, it may be something more serious than just not being able to sleep… im assuming nothing is majorly bothering you?

maybe the over the counter stuff isnt strong enough - maybe a doc can give you something that works. also, depending on what you do, maybe just getting into a simple daily rythm would help, as opposed to meds…unless you ve already tried that

just thought of it…

I hear exercising helps you sleep better at night. Maybe you can take a jog around the block before you go to sleep and then hit the hay.

[size=7]SEX[/size]

LOL Thanks for the input.

I’ve tried the serious suggestions. Music is the worst for me. I’ll just listen for hours and hours till it’s time to go to work. I’ve been on a regular workout schedule since the 1st too, so I don’t think that’s getting me anywhere.

You’re right about over the counter stuff just not cutting it. The things I’ve tried will work for the first 2 nights maybe, but my body addapts too quickly, so I find myself upping the dose, and still the affects last only a week or so. I just stopped taking them for fear of doing damage.

The drinking started with 2 or 3 beers before bed, and that worked for a few weeks, but then that stopped. Made the switch to Jack and Cokes (cafeen free of course), but that didn’t have any additional affect. I made the decision this morning to stop that too, because I’m sure it’s doing more damage than good.

Oh well. I guess I’ll just make an appointment for a doctor. I HATE going to the docs. They blow you off 90% of the time unless you’re dying anyway. But I’ve got to do something, because no sleep ruins many aspects of life. More grouchy all the time, late for work, lack of motivation, etc… Fortunately since I know what the problem is I’m able to balance things out, but it gets old SOO fast.

Thanks for listening to my rantings. :rock :rock

A two shots of rum (no more, no less) and flip through the channels untill you find a movie that involves women and green tomatoes that they fry. You’ll be cut’n zeeez in no time. http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/6acc2714bf96f0a959c3d0a3589e37c1.gif

I find laying down reading a book make me sleep real quick now :dunno :dunno

:think I was serious about sex :dunno

Re: RE: IN -freaking- SOMNIA!!

What ever :o

:lol Technically speaking, that should be the most surefire way too. But I’m a freak. I get really tired afterward, but about 15 minutes later I’m back awake. :dunno

get laid and don’t stop till you pass out

just see the doctor …you might have a medical condition

:lol Technically speaking, that should be the most surefire way too. But I’m a freak. I get really tired afterward, but about 15 minutes later I’m back awake. :dunno[/quote]

Do it twice. You’ll have one happy lady waiting for you back at the club house. :smiley:

id see a doc cuz sleep is very important. if you cant sleep after good sex, well, you cant sleep. so see a doc.

[quote=IntruderLS1]Any bright ideas? I’ve tried it all. Booze, sleeping pills, staying up all night hopeing to sleep the next night, sleeping on the couch, sleeping on the floor, different temperatures… Nothing works.

It’s been a reality for me since I was a kid, but now it’s getting serious. Enough so that I’m actually consitering seeing a doctor about it. :dunno

Going crazy over here. I think I’m on day 3 with less than 6 hours of sleep. :wtf[/quote]

maybe reading a cook book will help… i dont know… ive stayed up till about 4.50 am once… infact that was a couple of days ago, but not the same morning with my “sparring” with tazzy

[quote=MrAWatts]You said you have tried booze, so how about crackin’ the bottles over your head? That might get you to sleep. However…

WARNING**

USE THIS TECHNIQUE SPARINGLY. OVERUSE CAN CAN LEAD TO MEMORYLOSS AND/OR MAY BE FATAL AFTER EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.[/quote]

:rofl

:agree

Oh come on. Einsteine would not let himself sleep more then three to four hours a night. It allows your brain to work on a diiferent level. …or was that Socrates? :think