In Georgia

We left ohio last night at 6:00pm, got to the city we needed to get to at 5:00 this morning, its now about 9:00. We are sitting in the parking lot of our hotel waiting for the 2 people who are here to leave and for the maid to clean the rooms even tho there is at least 58 empty rooms, because the owners dont wanna be nice and let us check in early even tho we have not slept a wink and have 2 kids with us and we have to be at the funeral home at 1:00. Thats just whats going on right this second, on the way here we stopped at a place called Jellico, Tennessee. Smelled like the inside of an ass that was locked in a dirty trash can filled with dead fish and sweaty feet. The GPS took us down a road that was straight out of the movie Deliverance! We were even stalked for about 30 miles by an old beat up truck. Between 3-4:00am My wife hit 2 Opossums and almost hit 4 more. We got into town and found Wal-Mart and parked in the parking lot and sat there for about two hours, went to Waffle House and had some nasty ass food, what the fuck were we thinking? Oh and to top it all off, my IPod Touch fell in the pop cooler and i didnt know it so it sat in there for about 3 hours and now its fucked and I cant live without my IPod! FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

I’m familiar with Tellico TN but not Jellico. And Waffle House…thats always gonna be greasy…anywhere any time. That stuff tears me up.

Are you guys in northern GA? If not why did you have to wander so far off of I-75?

I hope the rest of your day goes better!

[quote=“Maulds, post: 1077438”]I’m familiar with Tellico TN but not Jellico. And Waffle House…thats always gonna be greasy…anywhere any time. That stuff tears me up.

Are you guys in northern GA? If not why did you have to wander so far off of I-75?[/quote]
Buford GA, damn GPS took us that way we figured it would be faster but hell no it wasnt, when we were in the boon docks there were signs everywhere saying “Need help? dial 911” we have verizon and still had no service

It may have been Tellico hell that was forever ago

Sorry your trip ended up so poorly.

Man, that sucks ass. I hope it gets better. :thumbup

Sorry man.

Oh that just sounds awful. :frowning:

Oh and I am about to walk out the door to go to the funeral and its raining constantly here, I dont like this side of Georgia

I hope things get better for you. My travels today were nothing like yours except the rain part.

sounds shitty

I live in Macon, Ga. (middle ga)… We had rain all day as well… sucked- but tomorrow is suppose to be better, so i hope your trip gets better for you.

Ok just got an hour of sleep and im feeling refreshed, if refreshed means like im about to puke

You in Buford right now?

yup staying at the old days inn on buford rd til tomorrow morning

We have friends that live there.

Man, sounds like you’ve had nothing but crap since you left home. I hope the return trip will be better for you.

I remember coming back home from FL through GA one year. Just south of Atlanta we stopped at a convenience store, where my wife fell and broke her shoulder - we still had over 1700 miles left to drive. That was a fun trip :eek

And no, I didn’t take her to the hospital. She’s a tough girl, and I wanted to get home :stuck_out_tongue: