Incredible aerial view of USS JFK

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4906/carrier.jpg

where was this taken

Got it from Digg (No idea abt the location)

I searched Google and found location with same scenery and carrier

[RIGHT]submitted by sean[/URL] on Mar 14, 2008 to uss j.f.k. docking in [URL=“http://incredimazing.com/tag/malta”]malta [/RIGHT][SIZE=6]“USS J.F.K. Docking in Malta”[/SIZE]

im speechless at that pic…WOW

That’s an incredible photo by whoever took it. It’s amazing how much firepower it has. Anyone beside me notice the sailors lining the outer edge?

One USS JFK will suffice to take on North Korea or Iran

Its standard practice during docking and departure

I know. I was just wondering if anyone noticed it cuz nobody mentioned all the white dots.

no they would need a carrier group, not just a carrier. carriers only carry phalanx, they need supporting vessels to attack landmasses

by phalanx i mean anti-missile system

[quote=“sierrabravo, post: 1095915”]no they would need a carrier group, not just a carrier. carriers only carry phalanx, they need supporting vessels to attack landmasses

by phalanx i mean anti-missile system[/quote]
Um… I think [B]kelvin [B]was talking about the amount of air power on board.

( pardon the bold but the damn thing won’t unbold )
[/B][/B]

[quote=“sierrabravo, post: 1095915”]no they would need a carrier group, not just a carrier. carriers only carry phalanx, they need supporting vessels to attack landmasses

by phalanx i mean anti-missile system[/quote]
Nah, carriers store lethal bombs and planes are loaded from carriers to attack land masses. Carriers are also equipped wih Tomhawk missiles to attack land masses

i was in the navy… i know exactly what they carry, including stuff that you arent allowed to know…:nod:

If carriers just carried planes and the planes cant attack the land masses from carrers then what good is a carrier full of state of the art firepower???

different ships have different abilities… if some place has AA flak (anti-aircraft not alcoholics anon) you are sacraficing your pilots lives when you can lauch SCUD missiles which are carried on cruisers and battleships and submarines.

My point is any fighter plane on an aircraft carrier can be loaded with lethal bombs and attack landmasses. Thats the primary purpose of a carrier.

okay.

The JKF was dock here for awhile. My brother got to tour it on a field trip in elementary school. He still talk about it to this day (almost 15 years later).

Awesome!