Insomnia

My sleeping schedule is so screwed up. Last thursday I couldn’t even fall asleep. It wasn’t until friday night around 11pm i passed out while I was eating :surrenderI went out saturday night and the bars are open till 4am so it was near 5am by the time I was in bed. Sunday night I couldn’t sleep either. It near 7am before I finally could sleep. Not to mention random wakenings after only a few hours of sleep and feeling completely rested. Blah.

I don’t have insomnia but I’ve been up too late for like a frickin week. I normally go to bed around 11 and have been up WAY past that.

It’s catching up with me tho…now I have a head cold :frowning:

I rarely sleep more than about three hours without waking. I often wander the house in the middle of the night.

Do you know your in the house? :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately often my mind is racing and I am either dealing with breathing issues or indigestion.

Oh well that sucks outloud then.

I am a weird sleeper too…I die when my head hits the pillow…but I sleep for a couple hours and I’m wide awake until about an hour before the alarm goes off. Usually it’s the hamster in my brain running on the wheel the wrong direction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t help that my wife sleeps like the dead. I could literally pick her up put her in the trunk of the car drive two hours away and lay her down beside the highway and drive back home. She would still wake-up 8 or 9 hours after she laid down. Nothing except one of our kids ever wakes her.

So that’s what you’re doing while you’re up all that time…plotting! :jk

My brother was like that growing up…he’d fall asleep as soon as his head would hit the pillow and you could grab the sheet, whip it out from underneath him, and toss him to the floor…and nothing…believe me, I tried! :cool

Sorry about that KP. That sucks. :thumbdown

There use to be a time when I could go to sleep at any hour and wake up by 9 am the next day and feel great. And I would fall directly a sleep. My body doesn’t like it when I do this any more. Reading a book seems to be the fastest way to shut eye unless I’m really enjoying the book then I find myself reading till 4am lol.

I’ve been thinking about maybe taking a sleeping aid for about a week and perhaps it would help me reset my biological clock and get a sleep schedule.

[quote=“KpAtch3s, post: 1080972”]There use to be a time when I could go to sleep at any hour and wake up by 9 am the next day and feel great. And I would fall directly a sleep. My body doesn’t like it when I do this any more. Reading a book seems to be the fastest way to shut eye unless I’m really enjoying the book then I find myself reading till 4am lol.

I’ve been thinking about maybe taking a sleeping aid for about a week and perhaps it would help me reset my biological clock and get a sleep schedule.

I could help you know… :ninja

I had really bad insomnia for about 3 yrs when I was stationed in Alaska. I used to only sleep about 3 hours a day as well. 1.5 hours about 5-6:30pm and then again from about 5:30 to 7:00 am. It sucked ass. I found myself playing online a lot and watching a ton of movies. I’m glad I am over it, when you don’t sleep it sure as fuck makes for long days. I hope you get over it soon. :thumbup

Now that might be the best sleep aid suggested yet :wink:

I was in Alaska last summer doing some seasonal work. Those sunlight hours can screw with you. It was sort of nice getting of work at 9pm and enough sunlight to go kayaking because the sun was up till 2am. The whole 22 hours of sunlight thing can get tiresome though.

Oooo… :ninja

whats sleep?

I suffer from the same thing, it’s not fun when your biological clock is screwing with you, can really mess up with your mind a lot. Can’t be functional, mind is always racing where it’s the point of being impossible to wind down. Body aches, soreness and the bags under the eyes is really annoying.

Yea, I can’t focus very well. Makes sitting through a 3 hour class difficult

Irritated eyes is also another thing which is annoying from it, mine get itchy but eye drops should help or washing your face.

Oh and no energy drinks, those will burn you out worse after you had it, in a not so good way because you still won’t sleep.