Interesting situation

Years ago when my daughter was barely a teenager I set-up a myspace to kind of keep an eye on who her friends were and what they were up to. When she moved on to facebook I did the same thing again. This meant I was already set-up when my son got involved with both. I have restricted my friends on both to my kids to keep an eye on them. Over the years I have had a few women from my past request to be a friend and I have chosen to stick with just my kids.

This morning I check my e-mail and I have a facebook friend request from the mother of one of my daughter’s friends. My wife knows her and we actually ran into her at a restaurant the other night. First off she is a true blonde well past the roots and is on husband number 3 or 4. I sent my wife an e-mail at work and asked her what she thought. I am not sure whether to deny her request or accept and let my wife know if anything unusual comes of it.

i’d accept it as you can always delete her if she becomes inappropriate with you or your children. I say this as it will allow you a wider view of what sort of people are in your childrens lives.

[quote=“AUFred, post: 1087566”]Years ago when my daughter was barely a teenager I set-up a myspace to kind of keep an eye on who her friends were and what they were up to. When she moved on to facebook I did the same thing again. This meant I was already set-up when my son got involved with both. I have restricted my friends on both to my kids to keep an eye on them. Over the years I have had a few women from my past request to be a friend and I have chosen to stick with just my kids.

This morning I check my e-mail and I have a facebook friend request from the mother of one of my daughter’s friends. My wife knows her and we actually ran into her at a restaurant the other night. First off she is a true blonde well past the roots and is on husband number 3 or 4. I sent my wife an e-mail at work and asked her what she thought. I am not sure whether to deny her request or accept and let my wife know if anything unusual comes of it.[/quote]

It’s simple with us, we just approve whom-ever we know. I don’t expect my wife to tell me who everyone is on her friends list and vice versa.

If it’s innocent, then what’s the big deal?

…also to add…are you concerned out of not trusting yourself because as you said shes a true blond? If so then don’t add her. If temptation si not there to begin with then you’ll have nothing to worry about, and yes certainly keep your wife in the loop of things.

:smiley: - I remember growing up, every so often the phone would ring and I’d answer it. Some woman from my dad’s past would be on the other end asking me all sorts of questions about my dad, wanting to know how he was doing, if he was still with my mother . . . :ninja

They’d always ask me to leave him a message for him to call them back. I’d hang up the phone and think - ‘Yeah - my old man is still gettin’ the ladies’ :24:

[quote=“BadBoy@TheWheel, post: 1087568”]It’s simple with us, we just approve whom-ever we know. I don’t expect my wife to tell me who everyone is on her friends list and vice versa.

If it’s innocent, then what’s the big deal?[/quote]

I have always found it easy to just maintain my kids as friends. When the other requests have come along I was able to quickly respond and say no. My wife and I both have known this woman since our daughters were like 2 or 3. I am trying to decide the best course of action. I don’t want to offend her but I also don’t want anything to get started I am not in control of.

I am not concerned about temptation from my end. I know where to draw the lines.
I am not in the least tempted.

I think you are attracted to her. She is just being friendly with the father of one of her kid’s friends… that’s all… if she was ugly I bet you wouldn’t even ask your wife about her… The price of beauty is loneliness :frowning:

:willy_nilly: just wondering how you came to that conclusion

:homo:

Ummmmmm…

Quickly dials Dr. Phil hotline

You would be wrong. Her looks have nothing to do with it. This is an unusual situation as this is a commen acquaintance of mine and my wife asking to be my friend on facebook. My wife never set-up her own myspace or facebook.

I agree with this statement.

aufred i think what you are doing is what is best in your situation. regardless of what anyone says it is what matters to you and your wife and what you feel comfortable with.

That is why I asked my wife what she thought. She agreed it was unusual for the mother of one of our kids friends to send a friend request to me. My wife and I share a laptop at home so she has total access to anywhere I frequent.

Such a trustworthy man… I like that.

That’s so awesome! Communication is the key. Very important. :nod:

Since you made it just to be friends with your kids, don’t accept and then when you see her again explain that it’s nothing personal. You just don’t use it to network, and just keep an eye on your friends. I don’t see anything wrong with that and if she takes offense at it, then maybe it was more than just sending you a friend request…

I responded to her request and another which came in. I sent the same note to both women:

I set-up my facebook a few years ago to keep an eye on my kids. My only friends on my page are my kids.It allows me to know more of what is going on with them than they ever share with mom and dad. For now I am just going to keep those two friends as my only friends, but it is good to hear from you.

very nice way to put it

Very diplomatic, Fred! I think that was probably the best route