Is the need of salvation an evil lie from religions?

The meaning of life is found as a self evident truth, the other half of it is development of a personal moral system, once that happens you kinda’ serve yourself as a ubermensch. There is no objective meaning to life as a conscious being.

What do you mean with this?
What truth?

Regards
DL

A truth that is found by the individual themselves.

What meaning for life have you found in yourself?

Regards
DL

I can’t really pin it yet, I am not very old, however from what I have developed I live for myself and I live for my country’s Constitution.

I am a little older, nearing 68, and perpetually seek to lose arguments.

Why? Two main reasons.

New input is one of the great joys of life.

I also try to convince people that following what I did, in the mental sense, can pay off big in new input.

IOW, I challenge myself.

I also think that in these times, a man without a cause may as well be a brain dead believer in some supernatural God.

Regards
DL

A man without a cause is kinda’ an iffy place. Many people are looking for a cause in life, I think I have found mine, however I don’t have the wisdom of age to know if I really have. So I am always trying to challenge myself physically and intellectually.

Who told you did not have wisdom regardless of your age and why would you believe them?

Wisdom is measure on a sliding scale and we all have some. Jacobs ladder has many rungs.

What cause have you taken on?

Regards
DL

I have taken it up to preserve my own individual rights through reactionary ideals. However as a youth who has only worked in unskilled fields I don’t have any real world experience to push my ideals forward, I can only go off of my family’s experience, my peer’s experience, and my teacher’s experience. Wisdom is gained through experience, I may have the intelligence on the thing that were taught to me.

Good.

Thanks for this.

Regards.
DL

Not evil.
Yes lie (personally).

My family isn’t religious but they do go to church occasionally. They encourage me to go.

Do they believe in the power of God? No.
Do they believe in the power of hope? Yes.

I think you can learn a lot of good morals from religions. The sense of hope is healthy (it’s all God’s plan, this too shall pass, eternal life in heaven, etc).

What good morals will you get from a genocidal son murdering God?

So far Christians really like to discriminate against women and gays without a just cause with their homophobic and misogynous preaching.

Is that the normality you meant?

Both Christianity and Islam, slave holding ideologies, have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Humanity centered religions, good? Yes.

Supernaturally based religions, evil? Yes.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL