It's been an interesting week

Holy crap… this is long, if you don’t want to read it, just don’t. But I type fast and didn’t realize how long this got until I hit submit.

Last wednesday I get a call from my friend. His job is looking for people. I go in and fill out an application on Friday. Monday I turned in an application to Pizza hut and this full time Job calls me back for an interview at 10 am today.

As I’m leaving for my interview I stopped by my old job at east of chicago pizza and get all my drivers information, Soc, DL and Driving record paperwork. I’m on my way out to my interview when Pizza hut calls and wants to set up an interview for either today or Thursday. lol

holy shit… So I go in and do my interview at the first place, they run my license and call me at 2:30 (I can’t pick up so I call them on my lunch at 3:30). The job is mine. I start on the 5th. :smiley:

So I get off work at 4:45 and call Pizza hut.

them: “So when will you be done?”
me: “I’m home now, and it’ll take me about 2 minutes to get there.”
them: “Ok come on down.”

So I do my interview there and she says she just has to talk to the district manager to get the green light after screening the paperwork and they’ll call me tomorrow at 9:30ish. I’m pretty damn sure that I HAVE this job. I mean I have a year and a half of driving experience, and 8 months of kitchen experience prior to that.

Anyway, I go into work at Ingram I do two orders and suddenly after telling ONE person about my turning in my two weeks, it’s damn near ALL over the warehouse. So before the shit hits the fan I see Justin and ask if I can talk to him in Private. We go into his office and I start talking “I really hate to do this, everything here is fine… but I need to turn in my two week notice.” His face just dropped. So we chat a bit and he’s trying to convince me to stay because this slow time is only temporary and then the work will be coming out the ass like mad. I said yes I know, but then after that it’s back to this 4 hours a day crap that I simply cannot live off of. I’ve come to the point where I realized that my new years resolution of getting off of my ass and getting myself back to the position I was at when I worked for my dad NEEDS to get done. I need to have spare money to get my car tuned, I need spare money for when my plates expire, I need to not be in a crunch when I have to rent a tux for 130 bucks for ONE night.

A little while later I’m scanning a batch order and Lonnie comes up and asks me whats going on and is just curious as to why I put in my notice. I told him the same things i told justin. My financial priority NEEDS to come first, to which he completely understood and then told me numerous times how he’s going to hate losing me because I am one of his best pickers. It really made me hate to leave, but priorities are priorities.

The weird thing is, less than a week of finding out that EOC is closing and thinking “shit, I’m fucked” I’ve managed to find TWO jobs, one solely on my own which will net me 50-60 hours total a week with benefits and major pay.

Pizza Hut will be starting me off at 75 cents more an hour than I was making when EOC closed, and I’ll be getting 12-20.

After 4 weeks the full time job will have me making 12 cents more an hour than Ingram was giving me and I’ll be getting 37-40 hours PLUS almost guaranteed overtime at least once a month.

So yeah, today was crazy but a really, really great day. I will be able to afford a tune up, paying bills off and having extra money to go out and have fun in my 20s.

congrates on the two new jobs!! :slight_smile: Now you can make me some pizzas!! :slight_smile:

You worked at pizza hut too didn’t you? haha we have something in common.

btw… something I forgot to mention. the only downside to working there is the delivery fee is a quarter less per run than at EOC.

I’m sure it won’t matter though. :smiley:

yea, I worked at pizza slut. LOL. Its a fun place to work at (atleast where I was) Im sure you will make pretty good in tips.

Yeah with the start of this 7am-4pm job I’ll be able to work 6-10 and whatever on the weekends, I’ll be out of debt and have extra cash in no time. I can’t wait.

I’m not going to read all that Jimbo! I’ll read it in the morn’n…maybe! http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/smilies_mod/upload/b760ca07eaa486424f4e35e95de05096.gif

:yawn: way too much text for me too read…

congrats on your 2 new jobs though… so save enough and get some stuff to make that honda really go :smiley: :gears :gears :gears

[quote=2000Si]Holy crap… this is long, if you don’t want to read it, just don’t. But I type fast and didn’t realize how long this got until I hit submit.

Last wednesday I get a call from my friend. His job is looking for people. I go in and fill out an application on Friday. Monday I turned in an application to Pizza hut and this full time Job calls me back for an interview at 10 am today.

As I’m leaving for my interview I stopped by my old job at east of chicago pizza and get all my drivers information, Soc, DL and Driving record paperwork. I’m on my way out to my interview when Pizza hut calls and wants to set up an interview for either today or Thursday. lol

holy shit… So I go in and do my interview at the first place, they run my license and call me at 2:30 (I can’t pick up so I call them on my lunch at 3:30). The job is mine. I start on the 5th. :smiley:

So I get off work at 4:45 and call Pizza hut.

them: “So when will you be done?”
me: “I’m home now, and it’ll take me about 2 minutes to get there.”
them: “Ok come on down.”

So I do my interview there and she says she just has to talk to the district manager to get the green light after screening the paperwork and they’ll call me tomorrow at 9:30ish. I’m pretty damn sure that I HAVE this job. I mean I have a year and a half of driving experience, and 8 months of kitchen experience prior to that.

Anyway, I go into work at Ingram I do two orders and suddenly after telling ONE person about my turning in my two weeks, it’s damn near ALL over the warehouse. So before the shit hits the fan I see Justin and ask if I can talk to him in Private. We go into his office and I start talking “I really hate to do this, everything here is fine… but I need to turn in my two week notice.” His face just dropped. So we chat a bit and he’s trying to convince me to stay because this slow time is only temporary and then the work will be coming out the ass like mad. I said yes I know, but then after that it’s back to this 4 hours a day crap that I simply cannot live off of. I’ve come to the point where I realized that my new years resolution of getting off of my ass and getting myself back to the position I was at when I worked for my dad NEEDS to get done. I need to have spare money to get my car tuned, I need spare money for when my plates expire, I need to not be in a crunch when I have to rent a tux for 130 bucks for ONE night.

A little while later I’m scanning a batch order and Lonnie comes up and asks me whats going on and is just curious as to why I put in my notice. I told him the same things i told justin. My financial priority NEEDS to come first, to which he completely understood and then told me numerous times how he’s going to hate losing me because I am one of his best pickers. It really made me hate to leave, but priorities are priorities.

The weird thing is, less than a week of finding out that EOC is closing and thinking “shit, I’m fucked” I’ve managed to find TWO jobs, one solely on my own which will net me 50-60 hours total a week with benefits and major pay.

Pizza Hut will be starting me off at 75 cents more an hour than I was making when EOC closed, and I’ll be getting 12-20.

After 4 weeks the full time job will have me making 12 cents more an hour than Ingram was giving me and I’ll be getting 37-40 hours PLUS almost guaranteed overtime at least once a month.

So yeah, today was crazy but a really, really great day. I will be able to afford a tune up, paying bills off and having extra money to go out and have fun in my 20s.[/quote]

thought bubble - this kid sure uses alot of words
http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/coffeetime.gif

Well that sounds swell Jimbo. But don’t work yourself into a burn out state. It happens.

Damn dude just date a differant girl each day of the week and you won’t need two jobs…P.S. Make sure they all have jobs and are self sufficient though :smiley:

haha Chris… yeah when you can type upwards of 105 words a minute it just happens.

I’ve done 80 hour weeks before. two full time jobs with 5 hours sleep between them. The only time I got burnt is when I had one full time and two part time jobs and proceeded to pull a muscle in my upper back.

That shit hurt… but it takes a lot for me to get burnt out with a new job.

Congrats Bro… :rock :rock

Re: RE: It’s been an interesting week.

I Worked at Pizza the Hut too. Back in the … well lets just say Smokey and the Bandit was number one at the Box office :wink