It's starting to sink in for me too

that i am old. im 26 and i dropped out at 16 and haven’t been to school since. i have no education and feel the years rolling by to fast.

i know i need to get my ass in gear and get a moving with my life.

with no education i know ill never find any job that will pay me more then i make but i hate it what i do and with the way the economy is i better just grin and bare it until i stop procrasinating.

im really freaking out about that im getting really old. its like a mid mid life crisis

i took my GED test but i think i failed it big time. but lets say i pass and go to college when im 27. ill be in my early 30’s when im done. cause i want to go for accounting.

i wanted to be married and have kids by then but dont think its fair to a girl or kids if i have no education. about 20.00 an hour isnt gonna cut it.

Kids i used to go to school with are successful with wife and kids and its really freaking me out. i knew these people since i was like 6 years old and theyre doing something with their life and im not.

dont mind me, just rambling :willy_nilly:

It’s never too late to make changes.

Don’t use your age as a basis for future successes.

Just make a plan… and stick to it.

I feel your pain, i’m 22 and feel old :frowning:

85 is old. Start living!

[quote=“RedRyder, post: 1080444”]It’s never too late to make changes.

Just make a plan… and stick to it.[/quote]

:homo:

I am back in school full time pursuing my bachelors and I am inching toward 40…so it is never too late to go back…just do it mang

You could try night school. It would allow you to continue on your path. It might take you a little longer but there are a lot of people at college who are going back to school. I turn 50 this year and I have a few friends who are already retiring. I doubt I will ever retire.

[quote=“Haus, post: 1080443”]that i am old. im 26 and i dropped out at 16 and haven’t been to school since. i have no education and feel the years rolling by to fast.

i know i need to get my ass in gear and get a moving with my life.

with no education i know ill never find any job that will pay me more then i make but i hate it what i do and with the way the economy is i better just grin and bare it until i stop procrasinating.

im really freaking out about that im getting really old. its like a mid mid life crisis

i took my GED test but i think i failed it big time. but lets say i pass and go to college when im 27. ill be in my early 30’s when im done. cause i want to go for accounting.

i wanted to be married and have kids by then but dont think its fair to a girl or kids if i have no education. about 20.00 an hour isnt gonna cut it.

Kids i used to go to school with are successful with wife and kids and its really freaking me out. i knew these people since i was like 6 years old and theyre doing something with their life and im not.

dont mind me, just rambling :willy_nilly:[/quote]

OK, I’m not going to tell you how old your post made me feel… :wink: But I may be venturing back into the school realm to get a Masters and PhD and I don’t feel it’s too late. You’re actually still quite young and for accounting, it’s going to take you 4 years tops…plus, accounting has one of the highest, starting, entry level salaries right now. Go for it and don’t use your age to hold you back! Go for it! :thumbup

'Tis just a number

I remember a friend of mine would always tell me she had to be wed and have her 1st child by age 25

Well she did it. But she was having an affair when she got wed that carried on the next 10 years and she was divorced about a year after marrying!

Still she got what she wanted!!!

Erm, this is not to say that any of you are this stoopid!

I’m 29, and I still need to get my ass in college. I’ve taken a few courses, but I haven’t really been serious about it. I just can’t decide what I wanna do for sure.

I don’t want kids though… so I don’t really have any specific time line, thank goodness, otherwise the pressure would be a lil much.

Im 31 and want to go back to college, we can do it together Haus! :slight_smile:

But seriously theres a girl I work with, she is 46 with 2 grandkids and is just now starting college, she is going for her nursing degree. Its never to late to do anything! Put your best foot forward and if your really headset on doing it, then it can be done.
Dont worry about age, it is just a number. Your still in your prime!

well i know its never to late with going to school. but with the whole kids and wife thing too.

i dont know why im freaking out. i guess the whole seeing the kids i grew up with settled down and watching all these Pro ball players younger then me. Growing up watching Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Mike Schmidt, cal ripken and all the others i looked up to when i was a kid not realizing that i would be older then these pro ball players someday and looking up to people will be a thing of the past. makes me realize that we dont have a lot of time on this earth and i think thats motivation enought to get my ass in gear. i gotta get my ass in school soon but got to let the Wife thing happen naturally. lol

im planning on doing Online school BTW. That way i can work and go to school full time.

[quote=“Haus, post: 1080454”]well i know its never to late with going to school. but with the whole kids and wife thing too.

i dont know why im freaking out. i guess the whole seeing the kids i grew up with settled down and watching all these Pro ball players younger then me. Growing up watching Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Mike Schmidt, cal ripken and all the others i looked up to when i was a kid not realizing that i would be older then these pro ball players someday and looking up to people will be a thing of the past. makes me realize that we dont have a lot of time on this earth and i think thats motivation enought to get my ass in gear. i gotta get my ass in school soon but got to let the Wife thing happen naturally. lol

im planning on doing Online school BTW. That way i can work and go to school full time.[/quote]

Move to South Dakota…I’m still fertile and unmarried. That can be changed. :24:

:ninja

:wink:

BTW j/k lol

You still have plenty of time. Make plans now to be enrolled somewhere this Fall and make it happen.

Yeah, I dropped out of college when I was 23, then went back when I was 32. Still don’t have a degree, but sure have lots of schoolin’ :smiley:

But look at how you are feeling as a good thing. I never got the bug up my butt that you have right now. Don’t think of it as freaking out, think of it as being motivated. Go out and kick some butt - now is the time!!!

[quote=“RedRyder, post: 1080444”]It’s never too late to make changes.

Just make a plan… and stick to it.[/quote]

:homo:

If you think 26 is old, you’ve got alot to learn.

I’m 39 & STILL get told that I’m just a pup. I feel old everyday untill I realize that life’s what you make it. I’m not trying to dwell on “shoulda/woulda/coulda”.

It is what it is & there’s always a way outa the rut you might be in.:nod:

It is never too late to learn Bill, and you are doing a great job by even thinking of doing something with your life, you know how many people dont even think about it?

I know what you mean though with the whole wanting to do certain things etc, im almost 30 and have enrolled myself in a bachelor of… knowing that by the time i graduate and complete my masters i will be almost 40, in between i need to be able to find the man of my dreams oh and keep him lol